Gaming Ballistic is pleased to announce that the Dragon Heresy Introductory Set will be coming to Kickstarter in April 2018.
Dragon Heresy is a Norse-inspired setting and supporting roleplaying game. It is built around a fantasy representation of the Nine Realms, where the Aesir, fae, dragons, and fiends all vie for control of Etera in the mortal realm of Midgard. The PCs are looking to become mighty heroes, and venture north into the ancient lands of the former demense of the Elder Dragons to find fame, fortune, glory, and magic.
It builds off of the excellent SRD5.1 game engine, but with adjustments and additions made to match the feel of the setting and provide more nuance to combat and struggle
- Division of HP into wounds and vigor for a more coherent treatment of rest and injury
- Shields are way, way cooler
- Enhanced use of existing mechanics to add nuance and risk to combat
- Grappling rules that don’t suck
The Dragon Heresy Introductory Set is a fully playable game, covering character creation, adventuring from Level 1-5, combat, gear, and challenges. In the book you will find:
- Choose from Fighter, Berserker, Cleric, and Wizard classes
- Humans, Dwarves, Half-elf, and Dragonborn available as races
- Norse-inspired culture, cosmology, and mythology
- Deadly and tactically interesting combat Rules refined from the 5th edition of the world’s most popular fantasty RPG
The book will be approximately 256 pages, with major sections for
- Character creation – including races, classes, backgrounds, equipment, and spells from Level 1-5
- Core Mechanics – what’s the same, and what’s different, from SRD5.1
- Running the Game – example rules for survival and overland travel in a hostile wilderness, risks and rewards, a random treasure generation table suitable for the levels in the book
- Combat – all you need to live and die by violence, including melee weapons, new rules for shield use, grappling rules that don’t suck, and more. Fights are not driven by attrition, integrating morale and the potential for sudden incapacitation
- Injury, Rest, and Healing – Dragon Heresy differentiates strongly between wounds, vigor, and exhaustion to make resting vs. healing a meaningful distinction.
- Spellcasting and Spell Lists from spell level 1-3
- A brief introduction to the Norse-inspired world of Etera
- Over 100 monsters custom-modified and rewritten to suit the mythology and cosmology of the Nine Realms
Read on for more details!