Thursday is GURPSDay, and I’m back from the Far East, mostly recovered, with “hardly any” jet lag.
Over the last week, as of 7:20pm CST, there have been 46 GURPS-Related posts from our list of 38 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
No School Grognard (Mark Langsdorf)
- Nu World Session 1 (5/05/16)
Game in the Brain (Justin Aquino)
- Profession Skill Scope (5/02/16)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (5/06/16)
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy 9: Summoners (5/05/16) – A book that is great for its niche, and challenging player templates.
- Crafting: Modifying Damage Types (5/04/16) – Thoughts on Cost Factors to change out mundane damage types for more exotic ones.
- Crafting: Changing Enhancements/Limitations into Cost Factors (5/03/16) – A thought on spinning up completely brand new exotic cost modifiers for items.
- Advantage: Dark Souls Riposte (5/02/16) – I walk through spinning up an advantage based off of empirical observations of existing advantages and techniques to emulate a mechanic from a video game franchise I enjoy.
- Treasure: Ring of Disease Resistance (5/01/16) – A ring that grants immunity to disease, and two methods to price it out.
- Session Capture: Varens Session 10, Our Heroes Almost get poisoned (5/01/16) – Varens Campaign Session 10 Recap.
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy 8 Treasure Tables (4/30/16) – Basically, this book is an essential.
- CER: The Natural Encyclopedia: Remora, Greater – Snake, Poisonous (4/30/16)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (4/29/16)
Chain Link and Concrete (M. Eversberg II)
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
Code by Clockwork (Jeff Demers)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Iteration 3 Playtest Notes (5/04/16)
- Iteration 3 Playtest (5/04/16)
- Battle Bots 1.0 (5/03/16) – Combat robot mooks based on the new robot rules for Iteration 3
- Troopers 3.0 (5/03/16) – Updated Mooks for Iteration 3, including heavy troopers, recon troops, and assault troops
- Kendra Corleoni 3.0 (5/03/16) – Bounty Hunter, Felinoid, Escaped Slave
- Twee Toolaroo, Sparrial Scavenger (5/02/16) – Scavenger, Sparrial, Outcast
- Jenna Skyrunner, Smuggler and Wanderer (5/02/16) – Smuggler, Wanderer
- Lady Leylana Grey 3.0 (5/01/16) – Aristocratic Super-Spy
- Tobin Starlaw 2.0 (5/01/16) – A Fighter Pilot with Humble Origins
- Dun Beltain 3.0 (5/01/16) – Space Knight with Humble Origins
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- Pyramid 89: Alternate Dungeons II (5/05/16)
Cursed -75 Points (BowToChris)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Review: All In A Night’s Work (5/05/16)
- DF Felltower NPC: Marc Strawngmussel (5/01/16)
- GURPS 101: Basic Damage, Penetrating Damage, and Injury (4/29/16)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary April 29- May 5, 2016 (5/06/16)
- We all have it coming, kid (5/05/16)
- Reloading Press: .224 BOZ (and 10mm APDS) (5/04/16) – After some discussions offline about how to get the most body-armor-defeating punch out of a pistol, I come to the realization that when comparing extreme bottleneck rounds like the .224 BOZ with saboted rounds like the very same cartridge launched from a 10mm APDS . . . you really want the APDS. In GURPS, anyway.
- Aeon Campaign S2E4 – Endgame and near-disaster barely averted (5/03/16) – This session was more or less an exercise in how not to tackle a super-genius super-soldier who has anticipated our every move. Fortunately, the Foresight advantage exists, and I had the Karma points to completely ret-con the situation to our advantage. So victory, but honestly we didn’t deserve it from where I was sitting. This is also my 800th post on Gaming Ballistic
- Aeon Campaign: S2E3 – Rescue (5/03/16) – This is a session report by one of the other players in the Aeon game, since I was in Malaysia. The team diffuses a lot of bombs, and eventually recovers the kidnapped Commander, only to find out that the entire kidnapping was a complete diversionary tactic. Who was the real target? It was . . .
- GURPS Day Summary April 22- April 28, 2016 (4/29/16)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Creating “Beware the Boogeyman” – Part 2 (5/04/16) – In Part Two of “Creating Beware the Boogeyman,” I start shaping some of the broad choices made in Part One into more detailed, game-ready items that can be used to actually run the game at the table… specifically, As another convention approaches, I am hastily prepping my game. This time around it is a tale of the magical protectors who keep children safe from nightmares and evil as they sleep, and I continue the “Adventure Creation” series by talking about how that game goes from the spark of an idea to a ready-to-run adventure.
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
- Magnificent Samurai: Session 0 (5/05/16) – Notes on the beginning of a new campaign.
- Review: Pyramid 3-90: After the End (5/03/16) – A review of the April Pyramid.
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Grand Duchy 80 (5/05/16) – The Grey Company leads the northern charge against the “mutts,” enemies of the lizard riders. The “mutts” have some divine magic on their side… will the Grey Company be able to overcome? Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
One Yard Hex (Paul Stefko)
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
Sharrukin’s Palace (Jon F Zeigler)
- New Project: Worlds without Number (5/05/16)
- Progress Report (25 April 2016) (4/26/16)
- The Human Destiny Setting (Part IV): More Aliens (3/06/16)
- The Human Destiny Setting (Part III): Some Aliens (2/28/16)
- Character Sketch: Aminata Ndoye (Revised) (2/21/16)
- The Human Destiny Setting (Part II): Social Assumptions (2/18/16)
- The Human Destiny Setting (Part I) (2/17/16)