Thursday is GURPSDay, and marks the first full week of 2019. It’s been a bit of a crazy week for me, as schedules are only now returning to normal after break (the kids are back in school) and trying to work out a good balance of writing and doing other things.
There are, however, things to do. I am busily writing The Citadel at Nordvorn, a mini-setting with far too much going on for its own good, for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG. This is the first of three works that will be published for that game in 2019. As noted in my brief post today: I’m having ridiculous fun writing it.
In personal Gaming Ballistic News:
- If you liked Hall of Judgment, and either also play or have friends that play Fifth Edition or Dragon Heresy, the Lost Hall of Tyr (2nd Edition) campaign closed having raised roughly the same amount of money as the 1st edition. That left us short of the offset print run stretch goal at $6,000 . . . but the Backerkit Phase is going very well, especially thanks to a few folks who ordered Viking-style shields! If you can show your D&D-playing friends the link, pitch it to your FLGS, it would go a long way. We’re something like $100-400 from that stretch goal, with two weeks left in the Backerkit phase. The more I can get product out there, the better stuff I can do for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, as rising sales lift all boats.
- There’s been a lot happening “under the waterline” over at GB, and more will be revealed soon. I will say that several varieties of product, not written by me, are all simmering on the mid-stove. Some of these will really excite SJG fans!
GURPSDay is in its fifth year – GURPSDay started in February 2013, a year after I started Gaming Ballistic. Things have slowed down a bit, and I’ll be considering how to revitalize this weekly activity. I’d like to see an average of 100 posts here per week – one per blog, ish – so we’ll see what we can do to get creative juiced flowing.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 53 (1/10/19) – Searching more tunnels, talking with Ered, Moonscar finds Vanthus’s ex-girlfriend and goes for a swim with her. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Grand Duchy 120 (1/10/19) – The Company returns to the Temple of Pflarr, keeps an eye on Golthar and finds another way in. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
- Wandered Roads 49.5S Samad Goes Back to School (1/05/19) – Samad wants to learn how to use his new blade. He runs into an old friend, makes a new friend, and finds a reluctant teacher. The ongoing adventures of the Heroes of Sandpoint in our Wandered Roads of Varisia GUPRS campaign.
- Wandered Roads 49.5K Kallin Steps Out, Steps In It, Steps Up, and Gets Stepped On (1/04/19) – Kallin struts around Magnimar, makes some friends… and enemies. The ongoing adventures of the Heroes of Sandpoint in our Wandered Roads of Varisia GUPRS campaign.
- Sundered Lands 52 (1/04/19) – More tunnels are explored. A little is learned of Ered. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Grand Duchy 119 (1/04/19) – The Grey Company get side tracked by a pile of dead bugs. They scout around and think about a wizard. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
gurps_20190110/Merlin_Avery could not be parsed – is it empty?
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- The color-coded magic and monsters of Felltower (1/07/19)
- Gaming Ballistic’s 2018 and new GURPS DFRPG material (1/04/19)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Monster: Homunculus (1/10/19)
- Monster: Hippogriff (1/09/19)
- Monsters: Hell Hounds (1/08/19)
- Monsters: Harpies (1/07/19)
- Monsters/NPCs: Halflings (1/06/19)
- Lens/Monster: Half-Dragon/Half-Black Dragon Human Fighter (1/05/19)
- Lens/Monster: Half-Celestial/Half-Celestial Human Paladin (1/04/19)
Noh RPG Group (binn05)
- Fractures II – Character Creation IX – Modular Skills – Social Origin Modules / Fendas II – Criação de Personagens IX – Perícias Modulares – Módulos de Origem Social (1/07/19)
gurps_20190110/Patrick_Burroughs could not be parsed – is it empty?
gurps_20190110/HansChristian_Vortisch could not be parsed – is it empty?
Above the Flatline (Timothy Ponce)
- Equipment of Alnwich: Swords & Spears (1/09/19)
- House Rule: Melee Weapon Skills (1/07/19)
- The Gods of Alnwich: Sieva (1/05/19)
Testsujin no Llama (Matt Riggsby)
- Bad-Ass Librarians of Timbuktu (1/07/19)
Worlds Beyond Earth (Derrick White)
- Robots as Spaceships: Scaling Costs (1/09/19)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Triple Threat: Therasal (1/09/19)
- The Chronicles of Ceteri C-Team: Season 2, Session 1 (1/07/19)
- GURPS101: More Photokinesis Powers for Psionic Powers (1/05/19)
- Boil and Bubble: Ritual Path Magic Tellurgy III (1/05/19)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Generalized Politics – Domain Management (1/04/19)
Frak Frel and Other F Words (Rigil Kent)
- Game Prep: ConsOps Session 01 (1/09/19) – Working on the GURPS: Action game that I’m likely running for the Saturday group in a couple of weeks. Character (Syrian Army Vet), Vehicle stats (BTR-40) present. Some references to GURPS: Action, High-Tech, and (believe it or not) GURPS: Zombies.
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- Having fun writing Nordvorn and Ainferill (1/11/19)
- International Hall of Judgment Print-on-Demand (1/08/19)
- Nordvorn Takes Shape (1/05/19)
- Glynn Seal: WIP on New Maps (1/04/19)
- New Year GURPSDay: Welcome to 2019! (1/04/19)
gurps_20190110/Moe_Lane could not be parsed – is it empty?
Olympus RPG Group (The Olympus RPG Group)
- GURPS: Banestorm: Embers of Defiance, Book III, Session 2.13 (1/07/19) – Thirteenth episode of the second “season” for our ongoing GURPS: Banestorm campaign using Fantasy Grounds and streamed on our Olympus Twitch channel. Having fled Kelmarane, the company find themselves pursued by agents of the Fa’iel’s former master and must defend their allies against recapture…
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
DF Whiterock (dripton)
- DF Whiterock Session 32: Free At Last (1/06/19)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (1/04/19)