Thursday is GURPSDay, and below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week, there have been about 55 GURPS-Related posts from 31 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen, which is a nice chunk of reading material. Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 2 (2/25/16) – The newly reunited Guardians recover from a battle with demons, speak with the dead, catch a ride on ship with some old friends and nearly lose one of their own to a deadly demon disease! The Lopan Aftermath – the newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS Palladium Fantasy campaign.
Worlds Beyond Earth (Derrick White)
- Invasion of the Hawfax: Hawfax City (2/24/16)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- Getting Past Doors: Modern Options (2/19/16) – I take a more modern look at getting past locks and doors. And I show off a picture of that one time I reprogrammed an electronic road sign.
The Lands of Nandêmē (Charles Saeger)
World of Lycretia (Jeromy French)
- The Black Pot (2/23/16)
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
- Magical Style: Gideon’s Lessons (2/25/16) – Thursday is everyone’s GURPS Day and my Style Day.
- Current Campaign, Session 17 Log (2/22/16) – Campaign log, session 17.
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- GURPS101: Dungeon Fantasy Knight Power-Ups and Gear (2/20/16)
- Designer’s Notes: Magical Tradecraft (2/19/16)
Game in the Brain (Justin Aquino)
Celti’s Chatter (Patrick Burroughs)
- On Blindness (2/23/16) – In which, the author rejects munchkinism with disadvantages and suggests a limit.
- On Improvisation (2/22/16) – In which, the author GMs by the seat of his pants.
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- Nuclear Legacy Designer’s Notes (2/25/16)
Further Up the Spire (Archon Shiva)
- Year One Summary (2/23/16) – For my campaign’s one-year anniversary, I compiled a list of all the factions and forces the PCs have interacted with.
Sharrukin’s Palace (Jon F. Zeigler)
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
- High-Tech: Twilight War (2/25/16)
- High-Tech: Post-Apocalyptic Guns (2/20/16)
- Gangster Gats: Bonnie & Clyde (2/20/16)
5 Stone Games (5 Stone Games)
- Because Everybody Loves Weapons (from GURPS Farther Tomorrows_ (2/25/16)
- A Rules Blurb from GURPS Farther Tomorrows (2/25/16)
- Notes from GURPS Farther Tomorrows (2/25/16)
- The Crew of the Vi-Vi from GURPS Farther Tomorrows (2/25/16)
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
- Astral Reavers and Void Mystics (2/24/16)
Game Geekery (Warren “Mook” Wilson)
- Streamlining GURPS, Part Three: Tokens (2/24/16) – Speeding up GURPS combats by consolidating multiple rolls together using colored dice sets and/or numbered tokens.
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- GURPS 101: Basic Scout Tactics for DF (2/25/16)
- Vary Orc Traits by Mini? (2/24/16)
- Felltower: Clearly labeled silliness? (2/21/16)
- Designer’s Notes on “Better Improvised Weapons.” (2/20/16)
- Door Week: Around a Door in 80 Ways (2/19/16)
- Improvised Weapons article in Pyramid (2/19/16)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Psi Wars: the Second Iteration — Playtest! (2/25/16)
- Psi Wars: Troopers 2.0 (2/24/16) – Updated Mooks for Iteration 2, including heavy troopers, recon troops, and assault troops
- Psi Wars: Lady Leylana Grey 2.0 (2/23/16) – Aristocratic Super-Spy
- Psi Wars: Kendra Corleoni 2.0 (2/22/16) – Bounty Hunter, Felinoid, Escaped Slave
- Psi Wars: Dun Beltain 2.0 (2/21/16) – Space Knight with Humble Origins
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (2/25/16) – Wherein I reflect on this past week in blog world.
- Review: Boardrooms and Curia (2/25/16) – This is more better than I could have imagined.
- Review: City Stats (2/25/16) – Solid, but disappointingly short.
- Mass Combat: Estimating Fight Capability Demonstration (2/23/16) – Me guessing my way through mass combat!
- Review: Mass Combat (2/23/16) – A simple system with an overly complicated presentation.
- Mechanics: Syntactic Magic (2/21/16) – A more in-depth look at Syntactic Magic, An incredibly flexible but somewhat complicated system.
- Sorcery: De-Zombie (2/20/16) – Defeat undead easier by removing injury tolerances.
- Mechanics: Sorcery (2/20/16) – A more in-depth look at Sorcery, the officialish powers as magic system.
- Mechanics: Energy Accumulation Ritual Path Magic and Effect Shaping Ritual Path Magic (2/19/16) – A more in-depth look at two similar systems, and how they work.
- Mechanics: Vanilla Magic and Threshold-Limited Magic (2/19/16) – A more in-depth look at two similar systems, and how they work.
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
- Reflections: Parts of the world I’m not so sure about…. (2/25/16)
- Reflections: Parts of the World I Really Like (2/24/16)
- Reflections: How long did it take? (2/23/16)
- Behold! The Complete World Map! (2/22/16)
- World Creation 18 – The Frozen North (2/21/16)
- World Creation 17 – The Eastern Peaks (2/20/16)
- World Creation 16 – The Great Swamp (2/19/16)
Dice and Discourse (Joseph Mason)
- Making Traps Fun (2/25/16)
Armin’s GCA 5 Blog (Armin Sykes)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary Feb 19 – Feb 25, 2016 (2/25/16)
- Guns, Guns Sport, and Task Difficulty Modifiers (2/25/16) – Based on a SJG Forum thread, I take a somewhat-heretical look at combat and sporting usage of firearms, and try and provide an alternate, unified framework for the Guns skills and their use.
- Adventure Planning and Execution (2/25/16) – I learned a few things about running adventures over the last few weeks, and thanks to the review of Action 2, I had a ready structure to articulate what I might do when I run my own games in the future.
- Aeon Campaign: S1E7 – Makin’ Dividends in the Worst Way Possible (2/23/16) – The team goes to intercept a woman who is set for assassination based on the information on the card. We arrive to foil the worst gang execution ever, but discover that our intended victim is a super-powerful precog, and the last and ‘most valuable’ of at least 20 targets. We find a book of pictoral prophecy that doesn’t bode well for any of us . . .
- Reloading Press: 6.5 Grendel (2/22/16) – Today we hit the 6.5 Grendel. It has one job, which is to reach out to 800 yards or more from an AR15 platform . . . and it does that job admirably.
- Sunday Review: GURPS Action 2: Exploits (2/21/16) – GURPS Action 2 is under-appreciated, and this review points out why. It contains simplifications that take slog out of the game. It also represents a distilled list adventuring tasks packaged for easy consumption. Use of Find (Skill) in the PDF makes for a fantastic reference guide. A must have.