Thursday is GURPSDay, and today marks the end of GURPSDay’s May recruiting month.
Well, the good news is we didn’t get skunked. The other good news is we are now up to 47 blogs from which we pull. I know there’s more out there, though, and just because it’s not recruiting month, that doesn’t mean you can’t drop me a line.
If you missed +Rev. Pee Kitty ‘s live chat about After the End and other GURPS stuff, you can still check it out as a recording, and now it has a transcript! It was provided to me, and thus I provide it to you, with a bit of embellishment, to start GURPSDay off with an agonized mutant scream. Dirty freaks had it coming.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
- Game log 22 May 2016 (5/31/16)
One Yard Hex (Paul Stefko)
- Adventurers’ Guild for GURPS (5/27/16)
Chain Link and Concrete (M. Eversberg II)
Cursed -75 Points (BowToChris)
- Combat Reflexes (5/27/16)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: Playing With High Point Totals (6/02/16)
- Carpe Blogiem: Aeon Team Rosters – Part II (6/01/16)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: Contemporary Encounter – The Black Sun Road (5/29/16)
- GURPS101: Wildcard Races (5/28/16)
Gentleman Gamer (Raoul)
- Operation Sandman – the premise and where I went wrong (5/27/16) – A quick sketch of the premise of my failed campaign and a discussion of how I plan to fix it.
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- AEON C-Team Session 1: Management Would Like to Thank you for not Subverting the Dominant Paradigm (6/01/16)
Improvised Radio Theatre – With Dice (RogerBW)
- Carry On Up the UNIT HQ (6/01/16)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- “Beware the Boogeyman,” Post-Con Wrap Up (6/01/16) – A short wrap up of how my “Beware the Boogeyman” game played out at Gamex 2016, differences between the various player groups, and the final version of all the materials for anyone who wants to run it themselves. Also, a second request for Game Geekery questions!
Fragments of the Last War (Bryan Timms)
- Its Hour Come Round at Last 3 (6/01/16)
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- How Broad is Your Wildcard Skill? Using Inventory Rolls to Model Skill Breadth (6/01/16) – This post explores a house rule for determining whether marginally-related skills are really included within a wildcard skill. This approach adapts the inventory roll technique (rolling to see whether a character has a particular piece of equipment) to create a “wildcard breadth check.”
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Simple Tricks IV (6/02/16) – The Crew makes their way across the galaxy, brokering shady deals, purchasing cold weather gear and looking for a missing son. On the snowy world of Ando Prime, they find some answers and end up in the crossfire of a gunfight in a snow filled canyon! The continuing saga of the Crew of the Painted S’kytri in our GURPS: Star Wars campaign, Simple Tricks and Nonsense.
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- New Book: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 3: Born of Myth & Magic (6/02/16)
- New Advantage: Coordinated Team Timing (6/02/16)
- Sneaking in a Dungeon V: My GURPS Rulings (5/30/16)
- DF Felltower NPC: Gort of the Shining Force (5/29/16)
Code by Clockwork (Jeff Demers)
- GURPS Calculator: 2.3.1 Released! (6/02/16)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary May 27 – June 1, 2016 (6/02/16)
- Transcript: Hunter and PK talk After the End (6/02/16) – Thursday is GURPSDay, and a little bird provided me with this sweet, sweet transcript of the SJGamesLive interview of PK Levine by Hunter Shelburne, talking about After the End a lot, and GURPS in general a bit. It’s 10,000 words long, so there’s a lot there!
- Reloading Press: .600 Nitro Express (15.7x76mmR) (6/01/16) – The Reloading Presss brings you the monster .600NE (and briefly discusses it’s larger cousin, the .700NE). You can do more damage, more accurately, at higher rates, with lower platform cost with any number of modern weapons and chamberings. But you won’t be sporting a $150,000 rifle that is a work of art, either. So you make the call . . .
- Aeon Campaign S2E8 – Countdown to freedom (5/31/16) – In S2E8 of the GURPS Aeon campaign, we reap the benefits of last week’s plans. Our goal is to delay our quarry from finding out that the entire session last time was a distraction to get his abused wife into witness protection. We succeed, he gets royally pissed off, and at the last moment attempts to attack us in a public place with three powerful metahumans. We withdraw, taking the fight to an unpopulated area . . .
- Sensible Master Plans redux (5/29/16) – When working on master plans for both good guys and bad guys, or even talking about courses of action for a team to pursue, make sure that you can answer six questions that show you’re working towards success. Better start by defining success, then . . .
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
- Tactical Shooting: The Sopranos (6/02/16)
Game in the Brain (Justin Aquino)
Save vs. Hollowing (Anton L.)
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (6/02/16)
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy 11: Power-Ups (6/02/16) – A fun catalog of abilities that I solidly recommend for any Dungeon Fantasy GMs.
- Fundamental: How to Not Die – Active Defenses and Quick Contests (6/01/16) – A summary of the three important active defenses, and three other ways one resists attacks in GURPS.
- Houserule: Piecemeal Attributes (5/31/16) – Where I talk about allowing players to buy attributes in parts.
- Fundamental: How to Not Die – Attributes and Secondary Characteristics (5/30/16) – What attributes and secondary characteristics should I invest in, and why, if I don’t want to die?
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy 10: Taverns (5/29/16) – It is surprisingly good, but still I would say this is a secondary or maybe even tertiary priority when speaking to the “must-have” dungeon fantasy books.
- Fundamentals: Attacking Twice in a Turn (5/28/16) – A list of ways someone can achieve the ability to attack twice per turn.
- Fundamentals: What can I do during combat? (5/27/16) – An index of fundamental combat options for new players. Not all GMs allow all options.
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- The Tao of Psi Wars (6/01/16) – Having examined several aspects of the Force as Chi, I analyze what worked, what didn’t, how we could change Chi to look more like the Force, and what Psi-Wars might look like if we embraced Chi as written.
- The Five Sides of Space Chi (5/31/16) – Having seen the limitations of Cinematic Skills as a basis for the Force, I take a look at Chinese Elemental Powers as a basis for a Chi-Based Force Framework, as well as examine the elemental associations of Star Wars. Features new powers!
- The Kung Fu Space Knight (5/30/16) – Wherein I examine Cinematic Skills as the basis for the Force, look at what they can do, what they can’t do, and see what 50 points of such skills will get us, as well as what such Space Knights might look like
- The Force as Chi (5/29/16) – Wherein I discuss Daoism and Star Wars and kick off a series where I’ll look at Cinematic Skills and Chinese Elemental Powers as a basis for the Force in Psi-Wars
Set Adrift on 3D6 (Conner)