Thursday is GURPSDay, and below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week, as of 10am CST, there have been 85 GURPS-Related posts from our list of 54 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen.
This week we picked up both Jason “PK” Levine and Sean “Dr Kromm” Punch, both of whom use LiveJournal to record their thoughts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
The proprietor of RPGJutsu fixed up the script real nice, and I’ve been impressed with its stability and reach. I also double-checked the rolls, found that some RSS feed links were not correct in my file, and fixed them. Thus the extra bloggy goodness today.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
- Magnificent Samurai: Session 3 (6/13/16)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Scattershot – June 2016 (6/15/16) – A scattershot post today, touching briefly on an odd assortment of GURPS-related snippets– my favorite online RPG communities, the backlash against perceived GURPS zealotry, GURPSDay, a new character creation video, “GM Kit” updates, and a look at some future projects. Hopefully you’ll find at least a few nuggets of cool to take with you!
Game in the Brain (Justin Aquino)
- Random Character Gen update: Life Event Table (6/15/16)
- Adventuring Skills part 1: Problem Solving Skills (6/13/16)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (6/16/16)
- Divine Favor: Gift of Tongues and Gift Of Letters (6/16/16) – Speaking any language is surprisingly cheap!
- Divine Favor: Haste (6/15/16) – Moving fast is pretty helpful!
- Session Capture: Bad Company Session 2, Our heroes get sucked on and find some demons (6/15/16) – It ends with a cliffhanger!
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy 14 (6/14/16) – A surprisingly widely applicable book with a narrow focus.
- Encounter: Freeze Bees (6/13/16) – A frightening prospect
- Encounter: Beelzebuddy (6/12/16) – Gianter Tsetse Fly.
- Fundamental: Quirks (6/11/16) – Quirks, are they hard to understand?
- Fundamental: Ranged Combat (6/10/16) – Just the basics on how guns work in GURPS.
- Skills: Exorcism, Part 1 (5/30/16)
- Partial Visual Magnetism — How To Only Be Slightly Handsome (5/21/16)
- Come Fly With Me – Part 2: Know Your Subraces (5/10/16)
- Come Fly With Me – Aarakocras and You – Part 1 (5/10/16)
- The GURPS Point Profile – v5.5 (5/09/16)
- Short Post – Fallout Power Armor Test (4/24/16)
- Introducing the Reinard Parkour (4/18/16)
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
Gentleman Gamer (Raoul)
- The strategic view – Fixing Skills (and Combat) in my campaign (6/16/16) – I discuss the reason why some skills were useless in my game so far – and the nature of the social contract of GURPS.
Worlds Beyond Earth (Derrick White)
- Magic As Technology (6/07/16)
- Invasion of the Hawfax: The Jungle War (5/11/16)
- On Sea Monsters (5/06/16)
- Journal of the Dice: Not this Blog (5/06/16)
- Cinematic Sword Play (4/25/16)
- Monster Hunters: Cononel Rush, Mad Scientist (4/21/16)
- Adapting Collaborative Gaming to Monster Hunters (4/15/16)
- Collaborative Gamer’s Adventure System (4/13/16)
- The Refuges: Introduction to Riask (4/08/16)
- Mystral Blooded (4/08/16)
- Mystral Automotons (4/08/16)
- Mystral Weapons (4/07/16)
- Mystral Energy (4/07/16)
- The Refuges: Worlds of Safety, Worlds of Terror (4/01/16)
- The Sword of Ryland: Characters (Gurps) (3/26/16)
- ICOPs, Gurps Action, and the BAT (3/20/16)
- Sword Of Ryland: The Map (3/10/16)
- Essential Resources: The MyGurps IQ rule (3/08/16)
- The Human Destiny: Aliens Reworked (3/07/16)
- The Sword of Ryland: A Quick-Play Adventure (3/01/16)
- Anchored Illusions as a Power (3/01/16)
- C31R07 (AKA the Killbot Turned Budhist) as a Pilot rather than a War Machine (2/26/16)
- Invasion of the Hawfax: Hawfax City (2/24/16)
- Vasic Stones: Combative Transportation (2/12/16)
- Vasic Stones: Teleporation (2/11/16)
World of Lycretia (Jeromy French)
- Goblins of Lycretia (6/11/16)
- The Battle of Olian River (3/27/16)
- The Drunken Goat (3/18/16)
- The Naga Whistlestop (3/10/16)
- The Black Pot (2/23/16)
- Blythe (2/18/16)
- The Cave of Serrod (2/14/16)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Alternate Feint for GURPS (6/16/16)
- GURPS Gamma World, 20th Homeland – Session 8 – Down go the Ironmen (6/14/16)
- Gamma Terra pre-summary (6/13/16)
- Pulling a Sir Robin (6/12/16)
- Another review of DFM3 (6/11/16)
- Icy Reaper Bugbears aka the Yeti (6/10/16)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (6/10/16)
Save vs. Hollowing (Anton L.)
- Status Update (6/13/16)
- Studying Magic (6/11/16)
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- Thematic Character Creation with Template Optimal Concepts (6/15/16) – By using character-driven traits, players and GMs can quickly create characters that fill specific roles, embody particular backgrounds, or have unique motivations.
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- The True Power of Psi-Wars (6/16/16) – Wherein I reveal my final choice for representing the powers of Psi-Wars
- Fixing Scrapperlock (6/14/16) – A look at the psychology of running away, why players might try to avoid it, and how to encourage them to run away more often by seeing the game as a strategic whole rather than a broken up series of encounters
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- Important GURPSDay note – if you don’t see something, say something (6/16/16) – If for any reason you don’t see posts you think should be showing up on GURPDay, please let me know!
- Alternate Feints vs Setup Attacks (6/16/16) – Peter writes rules for an alternate mechanic for the Feint maneuver. I compare it to my Setup Attacks from Pyramid #3/52, and find that his option is lower book-keeping and will coexist with Setups easily.
- GURPS Day Summary June 10 – June 16, 2016 (6/16/16)
- Aeon Campaign S2E10 – Do not adjust your set (6/14/16) – In S2E10 of the Aeon Supers campaign, we . . . do not adjust your set. We have taken control. And you have been taken to the outer limits. Murui has a bit of a mental journey to make, and we all help. The Commander was there, and you, and you . . .oh, Toto!
- Sir Robin ran away (6/12/16) – While not technically a GURPS post, it spawned several others that were GURPS-related. So if you have issues with your players running away, or never doing it because it’s pointless, I’m interested in knowing!
Code by Clockwork (Jeff Demers)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 8 (6/16/16) – The Guardians re-take the Blue Nixie and begin looking for what they came for, hopefully before the Harbor Watch arrives! The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
PK’s Game Recaps and Tidbits (PK Levine)
- Madness Dossier: Week 18 (6/13/16)
- Madness Dossier: Weeks 16-17 (6/10/16)
- After the End: The First 15 (?) Weeks (6/10/16)
- After the End: Adventuring Through the Wastes (6/10/16)
Yore (Martin Ralya)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- C-Team S1E2: GUNTHER NO LIKE RELISH (6/16/16)
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
Fragments of the Last War (Bryan Timms)
- Its Hour Come Round at Last 4 (6/13/16)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)