Thursday is GURPSDay, and below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week, there have been about 46 GURPS-Related posts from an ever-expanding list of 35 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen, which is a nice chunk of reading material. Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- Prohibition Mob: Serendipity, Bitch (3/02/16) – Luck gets all the love, but I make a short case for Serendipity.
The Lands of Nandêmē (Charles Saeger)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- GURPS 101: Patching Holes (Death, Fear, and more) (3/03/16)
- More notes on Sunday’s game (3/02/16)
- We found our henchmen in the dungeon (3/01/16)
- DF Session 73, Lost City 5 – Part III, Fort Vegepygmy (2/29/16)
- DF Pre-Summary (2/29/16)
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- Narrating Better Failures (3/02/16) – Tips for narrating failed dice rolls to keep the action going
- Simplifying Gameplay with Task Difficulty Modifiers (3/01/16) – By using task difficulty modifiers, GMs can speed up play by streamlining success roll and cutting through “modifier overload.”
- Why Play GURPS? (2/29/16) – GURPS has several advantages over other RPGs that make it one of the best systems to learn—especially if you plan on playing lots of games!
Into the Storydark (Morgrim)
- Thanan Bestiary: Bruma (2/27/16)
Fragments of the Last War (Bryan Timms)
- Fragments of the Last War 24 (3/02/16)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (3/03/16) – Wherein I reflect on this past week in blog world.
- Terrain Hazards: Sewers (3/03/16) – Pizza time.
- Terrain Hazards: Prisons (3/02/16) – Set pieces, going a little abstract here, for prisons.
- Terrain Hazards: Mines (3/01/16) – Set pieces for a battle in a mine.
- Terrain Hazards: Labyrinth (3/01/16) – Props for labyrinth battles.
- Terrain Hazards: Cellar (2/28/16) – extra spice to be found for battles in cellars.
- Session Capture: Varens Session 6, Where in our soundly trounce an army of lizards (2/28/16) – Varens Campaign Session 6 Recap.
- Terrain Hazards: The Cave (2/27/16) – ambiance for fighting in caves if fighting for your life against monsters isn’t enough to worry about.
- Sorcery: Silver Tongue (2/26/16) – temporarily give a nice charisma boost.
Sharrukin’s Palace (Jon F. Zeigler)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary Feb 26 – Mar 3, 2016 (3/03/16)
- GURPS DF Adventure: Beneath Castle Everglory (3/03/16) – Beneath Castle Everglory is an adventure for 5 or more 250 point PCs built according to the templates in GURPS Dungeon Fantasy. It’s available as a free PDF or on a wiki page. Check it out!
- Combat plans courtesy of Action 2 (3/03/16) – Using the GURPS Action 2 action movie plot framework to evaluate the capabilities and weaknesses of a hero is surprisingly useful . . . and fast. The post uses The Commander, a 1,200-point super from the Aeon campaign as an example.
- Aeon Campaign: S1E8 – Demon Wasps and Conversations with Relatives (3/01/16) – In the 8th episode of the Aeon GURPS supers campaign, the team goes for coffee at a converted church, accidentally allows a demon to enter, chats with a seer, and fights demons and demon wasps. Yukio the Dog of NIMH barely survives. Then we talk to relatives, who may well be more interesting than the team itself.
- Reloading Press: 7.62x39mm (2/29/16) – This week’s edition of the Reloading Press comes a day late and a round short, but that round is the nearly ubiquitous 7.62x39mm M43 projectile carried and fired by probably billions worldwide.
Orbital Vagaries (Christian Blouin)
- IW0 – Inception (2/26/16)
Game Geekery (Warren “Mook” Wilson)
- The Bunnies’ Tale (PC Rabbits) (3/02/16) – A new Quick-Play Adventure is in the works, this one “The Bunnies’ Tale,” inspired by stories such as Watership Down and games like Bunnies and Burrows. It isn’t quite finished, but you can peek at the progress so far!
Worlds Beyond Earth (Derrick White)
- The Sword of Ryland: A Quick-Play Adventure (3/01/16)
- Anchored Illusions as a Power (3/01/16)
- C31R07 (AKA the Killbot Turned Budhist) as a Pilot rather than a War Machine (2/26/16)
Code by Clockwork (Jeff Demers)
Further Up the Spire (Archon Shiva)
- Session: Love & Marriage (3/03/16) – Valentine’s Day near-TPK featuring charming feys and demons.
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
- Magical Style: Illusionism (3/03/16) – Continuing my Thursday tradition, here’s another of my magical styles.
- Memorable Enemies (2/29/16) – What makes for a memorable enemy?
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
- Gangster Gats: “Pretty Boy” Floyd (2/27/16)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Psi Wars: Weapons and Armor (3/03/16)
- Psi Wars: the Gear List (3/02/16) – Adapting the Action gear list to TL 11 Psi Wars
- Psi Wars: A Technological Setting Part 2 — General Considerations (3/01/16) – Working out the larger infrastructure of the Psi Wars setting!
- Psi Wars: A Technological Setting Part 1 — FTL Travel (2/29/16) – Working out the details for FTL travel in Psi-Wars
- Psi Wars: The Third Iteration – Technology (2/28/16) – Introducing the next iteration!
- Iteration 2 Retrospective (2/27/16)
The Red Mouser (Gotha)
Armin’s GCA 5 Blog (Armin Sykes)
- Grab bag of bits and bugs (2/27/16)
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
- Gazetteer: Eldritch Eldervale! (3/03/16)
- Gazetteer: Sheltered Halandia (“Whitevale”) (3/02/16)
- Gazetteer: Cultured Rasitar! (3/01/16)
- Gazetteer: Mighty Valiroth! (2/29/16)
- Reflections: Solving the Hawkfolk Problem (2/26/16)
Hard Maths (CTA)
- Utility Closet: Balance Calculations for Damage, Armour and Penetration (3/03/16)
- Playbook: Zero-G Dodge (3/01/16)
- Ars Mundi: The Serpens Codex (2/28/16)
- Equipment Locker: Laser Sword (2/26/16)