Thursday is GURPSDay, and I’m a tetch late out of the gate. But still, we’ve got posts. Lots of posts. So many great posts.
The blogosphere for GURPS is working on a few fun things as well. You can see the results of the collaboration in the Halloween-themed posts: Blog-or-Treat. Also, the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Kickstarter Backerkit surveys are making the rounds, and the survey is easy, complete, and gets you what you want. And it’s still not to late to upgrade to the $250 “I want it all” level, which is a ridiculously good deal. Most folks at that level have already received the PDF copies of product that already exists, and where that didn’t happen, SJG staff are working like crazy to ensure it does.
Below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week as of 11pm there have been 53 GURPS-related posts from our list of 67 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (11/03/16)
- Powers: (Inspired by) Venonat (11/03/16) – Psychic and buggy abilities.
- Powers: (Inspired by) Paras (11/02/16) – Some support abilities, ailments, and healing.
- Powers – (Inspired by) Oddish (11/01/16) – Some pretty standard fare plant abilities.
- Powers: Candy Based Abilities (Blog or Treat) (10/31/16) – You got candy, get some powers!
- Character Building: Blending In (Blog or Treat) (10/30/16) – A few abilities to consider for trick or treating and costume parties.
- Racial Template: Dungeon Fantasy Player Skeleton (Blog or Treat) (10/29/16) – Now we can play as skeletons in Dungeon Fantasy!
- Martial Arts Style: Process of Eminence (Blog-or-Treat) (10/28/16) – A Martial Arts Style based on skeletons.
GURB- The Generic Universal Roleplaying Blog (The_RyujinLP)
- More Power, More Armor! (11/03/16) – Since you guys loved my Power Armor, Powered Up! article so much, here’s more battlesuited toys to play with!
- How GURPS Works: Explaining How You Roll the Damage For HEAT and Other Shaped Charges. (11/01/16) – A lot of GURPS players seemed to be confused by how HEAT rounds are supposed to work and with good reason. Well, I’m about to bust through the confusion like a shaped charged Kool Aide Man. Oh yeaaaaahhh!
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- GURPS Thaumatology: Ritual Path Magic Review (11/01/16) – Ritual Path Magic has quickly become one of the most popular magic systems for GURPS. This review will dive into the core supplement, Thaumatology: Ritual Path Magic.
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Aeon A-Team S01E04 – And We Will Not Forsake You (11/04/16)
- GURPS101: Chained and Contiguous Innate Attacks (11/01/16)
A Literate Programmer’s Blog (The Literate Programmer)
- Iemanki – Religions and Organizations (11/03/16) I work out how Iemanki is organized – in worship as well as apart from it
- Blog or Treat: The Pack Hound (10/28/16) For Halloween I try to create a scary monster and learn how to create Powers in GURPS
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 14 (11/03/16) – The Guardians puzzle out some clues, locate a suspect and procure a boat. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
Improvised Radio Theatre – With Dice (RogerBW)
- Because the Bookshop Owner is an Idiot (11/01/16)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- New Release: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Swashbucklers (11/03/16)
- DF RPG Backer Kit – Done! (11/02/16)
- Felltower: Things not done yet (10/30/16)
- Use and Misuse of Weapons, Spells, and Magic Items (10/28/16)
Worlds Beyond Earth (Derrick White)
- RPM: Path of Machines (11/03/16)
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
- GURPS Martial Art: Batter Up. [GURPS 4e] (11/03/16)
Book and Sword (Sean Manning)
- The Information Density of Cuneiform Tablets (10/29/16)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Minions: Criminals (11/02/16) – The minions of various criminal enterprises, from the elegant enforcers to the brutal psychos
- Spy 4.0 (11/02/16)
- Minions: Alliance Troopers (11/01/16) – The Minions of the rebel alliance (Why would you fight THOSE guys?), including desperate partisans, heroic sergeants and dangerous commandos
- Fighter Ace 3.0 (11/01/16)
- Commando 3.0 (10/31/16)
- Minions: Imperial Troopers (10/31/16) – The Minions of the empire, including elite kill-teams and discussions of artillery
- Building Minions (10/30/16) – A discussion of the Psi-Wars theory behind the why and how of building specific opponents for a sci-fi action scenario
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
- Punch Hitler! (11/02/16)
- Happy Halloween, GURPSophiles! (10/31/16)
- The Adventures of Temian Fell – Bonus Mini-Episode: A Crippled Hand (10/29/16)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Powers: Channel Energy (11/03/16)
- Sorcery: Blood Magic (11/02/16)
- Sorcery: Pact Magic (11/01/16)
- Sorcery: Truename Magic (10/31/16)
- Sorcery: Shadow Magic (10/30/16)
- Powers: Psionic Enchantment (10/29/16)
- Powers: Metacreativity (10/28/16)
RPG Jutsu (Merlin Avery)
- Ideas and Concepts with Character Attributes (11/03/16)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (10/28/16)
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
- Smart swords (10/31/16)
- 23 October 2016 Game Log: Sick of the kobolds yet? (10/31/16)
Hard Maths (CTA)
- Meta: New Goals (11/02/16)
- Equipment Locker: Pressor Weapons (11/02/16)
- GURPSGen: ArmourGen and BeamGen released! (10/29/16)
Code by Clockwork (Jeff Demers)
- GURPS Calculator 2.4: GCA Importing (11/02/16)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- This Week in GURPS (Nov. 3rd) (11/03/16)
- Inspiration Pad Pro – Random Table Maker (11/03/16) – A shout-out to a super useful (and free!) little program called Inspiration Pad Pro, which allows you to create your own random tables and generate output at the click of a button. Includes a table I put together from last week’s post on Random Horror Gaming as an example. I also note some of the great things that happened in GURPS this week!
Further Up the Spire (Archon Shiva)
- Blog-or-Treat: Followers (10/28/16) – Alternate rules for allies.
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
- Tactical Shooting: Street Kings (11/03/16)