Thursday is the Citadel at GURPSDay, and this has been a great week for GURPS. Don’t believe me? Fine! Check out this awesome list of GURPS stuff on the horizon.
Also, The Citadel at Norðvorn went live on Kickstarter this past Tuesday, Feb 19. We had an amazing first day, and can use your help getting to first the basic funding goals, and then pushing to the stretch goals for a larger book and better printing. Sean Punch wrote an entirely fascinating foreword to the book that every GURPS fan should read. It also hints of the next big Dungeon Fantasy RPG happening: Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2, which will be Kickstarting in March. If it funds, we will also see a reprint of the Boxed Set!
Norðvorn and Monsters 2 are not connected with each other, other than both bringing new life to an amazing boxed set that as fans we all feared had failed to thrive. These projects – with at least two more on the way later this year from Gaming Ballistic, and whatever Evil Plans SJG has in store, will hopefully change that. As a wise time traveler once said: “It goes like this. The Future’s not set.”
In personal Gaming Ballistic News:
- I will be on Geek Gab’s Game Night – for the third time! – starting at 9pm Central Time to chat about Citadel, GURPS, TFT, Dragon Heresy, Vikings, and trying to run an indie game company. Check it out here at the appropriate time!
- The Lost Hall of Tyr 2nd edition physical print proof from the US printer were approved today. Based on their projections, that project should complete something like two months early.
- I posted a hoped-for publishing schedule for me in 2019.
- I received word from my authors on TFT projects that the first two (one from each) are over 75% completed for writing; there are ten in the works total
- I’ll be headed down to FNORDCon April 6-7, and running a table. Lots of Nordlond, maybe a preview of Citadel even, and several surprises
GURPSDay is starting its sixth – GURPSDay started in February 2013, a year after I started Gaming Ballistic. Things have slowed down a bit, and I’ll be considering how to revitalize this weekly activity. I’d like to see an average of 100 posts here per week – one per blog, ish – so we’ll see what we can do to get creative juiced flowing.
If you just started a GURPS blog – and I know that some of you have – email me and get on the list! With the advent of the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, Powered by GURPS, there’s even more reason to write.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- Citadel Foreword (by Sean Punch) (2/20/19)
- Citadel at Nordvorn: A fantastic start (2/20/19)
- Citadel at Norðvorn: Two hours to launch! (2/19/19)
- The Citadel at Norðvorn: Feb 19 at 10am on Kickstarter (2/18/19)
DF Whiterock (dripton)
- DF Whiterock Session 38: Huge Clay Golem (2/17/19)
Noh RPG Group (binn05)
UbiquitousRat.net (Che Webster)
- Solo Dungeon Fantasy (2/17/19)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Powers/Sorcery: Divine Empowerment (2/19/19)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Psi-Wars Blasters VIII – Wyrmwerks Laboratories (2/21/19)
- Psi-Wars Blasters VII – Syntech (2/20/19)
- Psi-Wars Blasters VI: Startrodder Defense Manufacturing (2/20/19)
- Psi-Wars Blasters V: Rook & Law Industrial Cooperative (2/19/19)
- Psi-Wars Blasters IV: RedJack Shipyards (2/19/19)
- Psi-Wars Blasters III: The Imperial Combine (2/18/19)
- Psi-Wars Blasters II: The ARC Foundries (2/18/19)
- Psi-Wars Blasters I: Introductions and the Stellar Dynamics Corporation (2/17/19)
Worlds Beyond Earth (Derrick White)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (2/15/19)
Above the Flatline (Timothy Ponce)
- Architect of Worlds (2/20/19)
- No Longer on GURPS Discord (2/18/19)
- The Gods of Alnwich: Menes (2/16/19)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- The Citadel at Nordvorn (2/20/19)
- Amplifying the Signal: Norðvorn Kickstarter (2/18/19)
- A Stack of Corpses This High . . . (2/17/19)
- Busy Writing (2/17/19)
- What’s the right way to play DF? (2/15/19)
Bat in the Attic (Rob Conley)
- The Citadel at Norðvorn Kickstarter (2/19/19)
- GURPS Rumors! (2/21/19)