Thursday is GURPSDay. We’re a week and about $90,000 into the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Kickstarter. At this point, it would appear that it will fund sometime next week, and Kicktraq suggests a final tally of $120-150K.
Below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week there have been 55 GURPS-related posts from our list of 63 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen as of 230pm CST, which is a good start. I know there’s another blog out there, too – I’ll add that one in later..
In the first week of the kickstarter, we’re hitting a pace of just shy of $90 per pledge, and this has held steady. SJG has found a way to guarantee European shipping at $30 per order (or thereabouts – go read +Phil Reed‘s precise wording for details), and so with 15 days to go, we need perhaps 100 more backers to get where we’re going. Don’t make them wait – the higher the funding of this project, the more they’re convinced GURPS has life in it. Also, if you’re new to GURPS, the “I want it all” level of $250 now contains over $500 of product.
They’ve also started a “character backstory” contest on the SJG forums, and promised a set of pregenerated characters for the game.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
Gothridge Manor (Tim Shorts)
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- Pyramid 93: Cops and Lawyers (9/11/16)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (9/15/16)
- Encounter: Indescribable Monkey (9/15/16) – What is that thing it is about to throw?
- Mechanics: How to Build a Resistance Group (9/14/16) – Where to find guidance on detailed creation of a resistance organization rebelling against the people in charge.
- Review: Pyramid #3/50 – Dungeon Fantasy II (9/13/16) – Great if you have all the prerequisites, not as useful otherwise.
- Mechanics: Encouraging Cooperation (9/12/16) – A list of cooperative abilities and some thoughts on applying them.
- Review: Pyramid #3/86 – Organizations (9/11/16) – How to build lairs and tons of example organizations!
- Mechanics: Ritual Path Magic versus Incantation (9/10/16) – A high level comparison of the mechanics of Incantation versus RPM.
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy 19 – Incantation Magic (9/09/16) – A new take on magic for Dungeon Fantasy. Trade speed and agility for versatility and power!
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (9/09/16)
Castalia House (Varies)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary Sept 9 – Sept 15, 2016 (9/15/16)
- Aeon Campaign S3E9 – It’s a girl! (9/13/16) – When Eamon and Ezekiel’s powers love each other very much, we try and resolve the conundrum of a potentially evil machine by creating Female Ultron.
GURB- The Generic Universal Roleplaying Blog (The_RyujinLP)
- Highly Mobile Infantry (9/15/16)
- Blogs and Posts That I like (9/10/16)
- My Thoughts On The GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Kickstarter (9/09/16)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Hell on Wheels, Post-Con Wrap Up (9/15/16) – In the final look at the “Hell on Wheels” convention game, I talk about how the game played out at the table with three different groups and post all of the game notes and characters for download. Also, shout-outs to the Dungeon Fantasy RPG Kickstarter and the upcoming hardcopy version of “How to Be a GURPS GM”!
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- More thoughts Hidden Lore and Recognition rolls (9/15/16)
- DF Felltower: Rumor Rules Option 3 (9/14/16)
- Pictures from Sunday’s DF Session (9/13/16)
- DF Game Session 79, Felltower 52 (9/13/16)
- DF Session pre-summary (9/12/16)
- New Release: Dungeon Fantasy 19 (9/09/16)
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
- Rituals for Pirates: Gunplay (9/09/16)
Of Paper Men and Plastic Monsters (Cole Jenkins)
- Madness Dossier – Some Template Observations (9/15/16) – Some observations about the SANDMAN templates in GURPS Horror: The Madness Dossier.
- Madness Dossier- Ontotectonic Projection (2014.05.03) (9/13/16) – The first “Ink-Spot” strategic map in my GURPS Horror: The Madness Dossier game.
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 19: Incantation Magic (9/12/16)
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
- The Problematic Jerry Moore. [GURPS 4E] (9/16/16)
- GURPS disease/package: Garish Tattoo. [GURPS 4E] (9/14/16)
- Tweet of the Day, GURPS Mars Attacks Coming Soon! edition (9/12/16)
Cursed -75 Points (BowToChris)
I’m starting to learn a bit about economics, and some of what I’m finding is kind of…(9/14/16)
- Mechanics: How to Build a Resistance Group (9/14/16)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Alternate Force Swords (9/14/16)
- New Styles: Force-Swordsmanship 2 (9/13/16)
- New Styles: Force-Swordsmanship (9/12/16)
- Designing New Martial Arts (9/11/16)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
The Phantom’s Belch (Ted Brock)
- Wagons, Ho! (9/10/16)
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
Fragments of the Last War (Bryan Timms)
- Its Hour Come Round at Last 7 (9/15/16)
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Boil and Bubble: Incantation Magic – Mirage Maimer (9/15/16)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: Beyond the Hack n’ Slash (9/14/16)
- The Hurt Locker: Fusion-Powered Chainsaw (9/13/16)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: Dungeon Fantasising II (9/12/16)
- Boil and Bubble: Incantation Magic – Rainbow Spray (9/12/16)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: What Makes Dungeon Fantasy Special, Part II (9/11/16)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: What Makes Dungeon Fantasy Special, Part I (9/09/16)
Dice and Lives (Joel Sammallahti)