Thursday is GURPSDay – but GenCon 50 messed up my schedule, so I will post as much as I can since Aug 11!
Welcome to the second year of GURPSDay, and here’s the pull for this week.
We’re currently drawing content from 89 blogs. Only 11 more to go until we’re pulling from 100! But we’ll need your help.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
Armin’s GCA 5 Blog (Armin Sykes)
- Tiny bit of an update (8/16/17)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Carpe Blogiem: GenCon 50 – Day 2 (8/19/17)
- Carpe Blogiem: GenCon 50 – Day 1 (8/19/17)
- Carpe Blogiem: GenCon 50 – Day 0 (8/17/17)
- Carpe Blogiem: Author, Patreon, and Blog Highlights – July 2017 (8/15/17)
- The Chronicles of Ceteri – A-Team – S00E12 – Given Up for Dead, Part IV (8/11/17)
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- GURPS Vehicles: Steampunk Conveyances (8/17/17)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy RPG – Traps (8/20/17)
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy RPG – Dungeon – I Smell a Rat (8/19/17)
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy RPG Cardboard Heroes (8/18/17)
- Dungeon Fantasy: I got some Books (8/17/17)
- Pseudobot: New Explosion Calculator Function (8/13/17)
Olympus RPG Group (The Olympus RPG Group)
- GURPS: Traveller, “The New Deal” Session 3.10 (8/16/17) – Continuing our ongoing GURPS: Traveller campaign. The crew get involved in a fast and furious high speed pursuit to rescue Lorain Messandi from the Kalamanaru thugs who have abducted her…
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Sorcery: Mass Protection Spells II (8/21/17)
- Sorcery: Mass Protection Spells I (8/20/17)
- Sorcery: Plant Spells XII (8/19/17)
- Treasure: Special Materials VIII (8/18/17)
- Treasure: Special Materials VII (8/17/17)
- Sorcery: Plant Spells XI (8/16/17)
- Psionics: Psychometabolism Abilities (8/15/17)
- Sorcery: Fluid Spells III (8/14/17)
- Sorcery: Fluid Spells II (8/13/17)
- Sorcery: Fluid Spells I (8/12/17)
- Sorcery: Plant Spells X (8/11/17)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- DFRPG and DF Felltower (8/20/17)
- Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game: Brief Review (8/19/17)
- GURPS Sale (8/18/17)
- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Role-Playing Game PDFs released to backers (8/18/17)
- Origins of the +4 to target a hex? (8/17/17)
- Sandboxes & XP (8/13/17)
- Why I don’t sweat long-term fatigue issues in my game (8/11/17)
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GenCon: The Big, The Free, and The Teardown (8/21/17)
- Ceteri Campaign S0E10 – Ghoul on Fire (8/15/17) – The Ceteri B-Team executes the recon in force into the tunnels and train station. We are expecting a straight-up search-and-fight; what we get is a rescue situation that is also search-and-fight. The ghouls are much less tough than we think, for Reasons. The final fight is much, much tougher for Other Reasons. Some character-driven plot points take dangerous turns for the worse. A solid game.
Libris Ludorum (Nemoricus)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Creating “In Defense of House Stark” – Part 1 (8/17/17) – A look at the process of bringing a “Game of Thrones”-inspired convention adventure from Brainstorming Ideas to Actual Hardcopy.
Of Paper Men and Plastic Monsters (Cole Jenkins)
- Planet Mercenary and DFRP (8/17/17)
PK’s Game Recaps and Tidbits (PK Levine)
- After the End (Dragon House Campaign) (8/19/17) – Setting info for a new After the End campaign. A world ravaged by cosmic rays, disease, and aliens, oh no!
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- House Elegans, Part 1 (8/20/17)
- Patreon Post: The House of Alexus (8/17/17)
- House Grimshaw, Part 2 (8/16/17)
- House Grimshaw, Part 1 (8/15/17)
- House Sabine, Part 2 (8/14/17)
- Sabine Addendum: Sabine Blindness (8/13/17)
- House Sabine, part 1 (8/13/17)
- Patreon Post: Kung Fu Double Trouble (8/11/17)
Frak Frel and Other F Words (Rigil Kent)
- The City Below (or “Stealing GURPS: Monster Hunter Ideas from Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere”) (8/12/17) – Musing about how I intend to steal elements from Neil Gaiman’s “Neverwhere” for my GURPS: Monster Hunters game. Thoughts about how to run a Chase (from GURPS: Action) through my version of the ‘City Below’
Testsujin no Llama (Matt Riggsby)
- Dungeon Fantasy RPG PDFs to Backers! (8/17/17)
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
- Underdark Monsters, Session One (8/15/17)
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)