Over the last week, there have been about 50 GURPS-Related posts that have popped up on the radar screen, which is a nice chunk of reading material.
Some of the more recent entries are really good – stuff that would have fit well into Pyramid.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
- Magical Style: Seven Staffs of Death (2/11/16) – A new hybrid Martial and Magical Style.
- Melee Academy: The Opening Move (2/10/16) – GURPS Melee Academy: Opening Moves
- New Spells: College of Air (2/10/16) – Some new Air spells for the standard magic system.
- Philosophical Schools as Civil Arts (2/08/16) – Treating schools of philosophy as Social-Interaction Styles. Includes Stoicism as an example style.
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
- Ultra-Tech: Shadowrun (2/11/16)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary Feb 5 – Feb 11, 2016 (2/11/16)
- Alternate Defenses for All-Out Attack (2/11/16) – Players rarely select All-Out Attack in the games I’ve played in, because of the loss of defenses. This is true even when using Tactical Shooting with firearms, which serves to divorce the action even more from the more realistic rules in the book. I explore options to make it more attractive without dominating the game.
- Melee Academy: Opening Moves for my Superhero (2/10/16) – Welcome to Melee Academy, and today’s topic is opening moves. In a recent set of superhero campaigns, I discover that sometimes the best opening move is that which gives you the most tactical information about an unknown foe.
- Aeon S1E5: More than meets the eye (2/09/16) – In the Aeon GURPS Supers campaign, the team investigates a pattern of exploding transformers. We suspect an electrically-powered super, do our homework, and survive a fight through luck, more luck, and the skin of our teeth.
- Reloading Press: .45 ACP (2/08/16) – This installment of the reloading press presents the venerable but effective (and some would say winner and still champion) .45ACP pistol cartridge, with stats for GURPS and D&D.
- Geek & Sundry on GURPS – some praise, some misconceptions (2/05/16) – Geek & Sundry does a nice piece on games that are not Dungeons and Dragons. It mentions GURPS, but does it a disservice by perpetuating some stereotypes that were never wholly true, and with the advent and maturation of Fourth Edition are outdated at best.
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (2/11/16) – Wherein I reflect on this past week in blog world.
- Sorcery: Animate Plant (2/11/16) – Prohibitively expensive, perhaps, but it might inspire something?
- Melee Academy: The Opening Move Minus One (2/10/16) – Start fighting before you start fighting.
- Sorcery: Breathe Water (2/10/16) – Breathe Water represented as an advantage for Sorcery magic.
- Table: Integrating Dungeon Fantasy Treasures 2 into Dungeon Fantasy 8. (2/09/16) – A supplement to the Rare Artifacts Table.
- Ability: Elemental Rock Scissors Paper – Worked Example and download (2/09/16) – Worked Example of the elemental rock scissors paper post.
- Ability: Elemental Rock Scissors Paper (2/08/16) – Crunching numbers on adding elemental weaknesses and resistances systematically.
- How-To: Whips (2/08/16) – Dissecting how to use the difficult and subtle whip better.
- Session Capture: Varens Session 4, Where in our heroes beat up a bunch of lizards. (2/08/16) – Varens Campaign Session 4 Recap.
- Encounter: The Dream Eater Baku (2/07/16) – A more friendly encounter with the power to put people to sleep or render them unconscious.
- Encounter: Red Lantern, Green Lantern (2/06/16) – 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 RED LIGHT. YOU ARE OUT.
- Review: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Treasures 1: Glittering Prizes (2/06/16) – A review of Glittering Prizes: Last chapter makes the book worth it.
- Encounters: Lightning Pug (2/05/16) – Pug uses electrical and nonsensical means to inflict seizures.
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy Treasures 2: Epic Treasures (2/05/16) – Review of the newly released Epic Treasures.
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
Castalia House (Jeffro Johnson)
- GURPS Dwimmermount… With Zero Prep (2/08/16)
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
- World Creation 8 – Bringing the World to Life! (2/11/16)
- Names for Fantasy Realms! (2/09/16)
- An Example of World Creation – Stage 7 (2/08/16)
- An Example of World Creation – Stage 6 (2/07/16)
- An Example of World Creation – Stage 5 (2/06/16)
- An Example of World Creation – Stage 4 (2/05/16)
Armin’s GCA 5 Blog (Armin Sykes)
- A little bit for GMs perhaps (2/10/16)
RPG Jutsu (Merlin Avery)
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
- Coming soon – Dungeon scenes! (2/10/16)
Further Up the Spire (Archon Shiva)
- Session: Cold Moons (2/08/16) – A PC birthday celebration and a deep rescue operation.
- How I Got My Start in Role-Playing Games (2/06/16) – A response to Gaming Ballistic’s questions “What was your gateway into gaming, and what game was it? How old were you?”
Worlds Beyond Earth (Derrick White)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Psi-Wars — Adjusting Templates Cont’d (2/10/16) – We continue Iteration 2 by working out a schema of templates to develop
- Melee Academy – Wu Wei (2/10/16) – Wherein I examine Wait as an ideal opening move, discuss the concept of wu wei and show how optional rules can change the dynamics of your game
Game Geekery (Warren “Mook” Wilson)
- GM Convention Tips (2/11/16) – Some quick thoughts on prepping a one-shot convention game.
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Simple Tricks I (2/11/16) – Episode I of our brand new GURPS:Star Wars campaign! The Crew of the Painted S’kytri mourns the loss of a good friend and find themselves in the middle of an old-fashioned cantina shootout!
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- Prohibition Mob: Dead Man’s Party (2/11/16)
- Prohibition Mob: Open Call, Looking for Gangs (2/11/16)
- GURPS: Vehicle Hit Locations for Cars Analysis (2/06/16)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Tricky Throwing (2/11/16)
- Melee Academy: Opening Moves (2/10/16)
- DF Lost City NPC: Kasias the Guide (2/07/16)
- What should go on my new GM screen? (2/05/16)
- GURPS Calculator 2.2 release (2/11/16)