Since the last GURPSDay (sorry I missed one), the Citadel at Nordvorn and DFM2/Boxed Set reprint both ended the primary campaign phase. Both funded solidly: DMF2 at just shy of $55K ($40K goal), while Nordvorn came in at $26K ($13K goal). Both funded and passed at least one stretch goal, and Citadel will be delivered as a sewn, lay-flat binding with 128 pages.
A printing decision has been made, art is coming in, and the book is heading towards finalization. I turned in a finished PDF file to SJG to print Fantastic Dungeon Grappling to be inserted into the new reprint of the Boxed Set. So things are moving. In fact, The Citadel at Norðvorn is now accepting pre-orders via Backerkit. (In fact, things are going very well over there.) This should happen for the DFM2 campaign soon as well.
Back to GURPSDay
Just to cover the back-story, this GURPSDay goes from mid-March to the present.
GURPSDay is starting its sixth – GURPSDay started in February 2013, a year after I started Gaming Ballistic. Things have slowed down a bit, and I’ll be considering how to revitalize this weekly activity. I’d like to see an average of 100 posts here per week – one per blog, ish – so we’ll see what we can do to get creative juiced flowing.
If you just started a GURPS blog – and I know that some of you have – email me and get on the list! With the advent of the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, Powered by GURPS, there’s even more reason to write.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- The Citadel at Norðvorn: Pre-orders are open on Backerkit! (4/03/19)
- Citadel campaign over. OK, what’s next? (3/25/19)
- Offset Print run: PILLAGED, by Oðinn! (3/25/19)
- Citadel at Nordvorn: Last 14 Hours! (3/24/19)
- Citadel Final Stretch Goal: Hall of Judgment 2nd Edition ($35,000) (3/23/19)
- $20,000 Stretch Goal PILLAGED!! (Also: check your pledges and add-ons) (3/22/19)
- Thursday is GURPSDay! March 15 to March 21, 2019 (3/22/19)
- Top 5 DM Tips: Matt Finch RPG Studio (3/22/19)
- Citadel at Norðvörn: Stretch Goals Falling Fast! (3/19/19)
- How do I get Fantastic Dungeon Grappling? (3/18/19)
- The Blind Mapmaker Reviews Citadel (3/18/19)
- Fantastic Dungeon Grappling . . . is now a DFM2 Stretch goal! (3/17/19)
- Citadel at Nordvorn Final Cover (3/16/19)
Frak Frel and Other F Words (Rigil Kent)
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2×03 (4/03/19) – Preparing for the GURPS Action game I will be running in Fantasy Grounds on 4/6. No stats abused this time.
- GM Commentary: ConsOps 2.02 (3/31/19)
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2×02 (3/27/19) – Preparing for the GURPS Action game I will be running in Fantasy Grounds on 3/30. Stats for intended Spetsnaz OPFOR.
- GM Commentary: ConsOps 2.01 (3/25/19) – GM commentary on the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Grounds on 3/23 that was not quite as successful as I would like. Includes YouTube recording of the session.
- GamePrep: ConsOps Season 2, Session 1 This Weekend (3/18/19)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Rant: My problem with flexible magic systems (4/03/19)
- Epic Psi-Wars: A Conspiracy in the Making (4/01/19)
- Blog Roadmap: April 2019 (3/31/19)
- Imperial Starships: Legion-Class Super-Carrier (3/30/19)
- Imperial Starships: the Dominion-class Cruiser (3/30/19)
- Imperial Starships: Imperator-Class Dreadnought (3/28/19)
- Imperial Vehicles: Sentinel-Class Utility Gunship (3/28/19)
- Imperial Vehicles: Peltast-Class Light Strike Fighter (3/26/19)
- Imperial Vehicle: Tempest-Class Orbital Superiority Fighter (3/26/19)
- Imperial Vehicles: Javelin-Class Interceptor (3/26/19)
- Imperial Vehicles: Hunter-Class Recon Hover-Cycle (3/23/19)
- Imperial Vehicles: Eradicator-class Mobile Howitzer (3/22/19)
- Imperial Vehicles: Vanguard-Class Infantry Fighting Vehicle (3/20/19)
- Imperial Vehicles: Vanquisher-Class Hover-Tank (3/19/19)
- Imperial Ground Vehicles, an Introduction (3/18/19)
- I backed the GURPS DF Monster 2 Kickstarter (3/17/19)
- Why GURPS is actually easier to play than Pathfinder (4/03/19)
- This week in GURPS (3/27/19)
Above the Flatline (Timothy Ponce)
DF Whiterock (dripton)
- DF Whiterock Session 44: Mummy Bard in a Boat (4/01/19)
- DF Whiterock Session 43: The Mummy And His Zoo (3/26/19)
- Time Spent on Travel to the Dungeon (3/20/19)
- DF Whiterock Session 42: The Sand Devil (3/17/19)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Grand Duchy 125 (4/02/19) – The battle with the undead horde rages on. And then the Death Knight arrives! Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
- Sundered Lands 57 (3/31/19) – Lavinia is rescued from the Boggards. The authorities are alerted. Lavinia reveals her plans to sail south. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Wandered Roads 53.5 (3/28/19) – The Heroes get settled in at Ilsurian. They have some drinks with some Carnies. Kallin stalks the local cemetery and meets a spirit. The ongoing adventures of the Heroes of Sandpoint in our Wandered Roads of Varisia GUPRS campaign.
- Grand Duchy 124 (3/27/19) – The Grey Company continue to battle the mindless evil of the temple and are reacquainted with a not so mindless evil. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
- Sundered Lands 56 (3/22/19) – The rest of Kraken’s Cove is explored, the brain-pain fungus is burned, a dead captain tells her tale and the Tiny Titan heads back to Essanos. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Wandered Roads 53 (3/21/19) – Left Wartle, traveled through Whistledown, explored some burnt out ruins. Kallin “knew” one of the girls in town. Made it to Ilsurian to find the Umbra Carnival in town. Explored carnival and rescued escaped “baby dragon.” Phew. The ongoing adventures of the Heroes of Sandpoint in our Wandered Roads of Varisia GUPRS campaign.
- Grand Duchy 123 (3/20/19) – The Grey Company waits and watches as Golthar’s minions force a group of Traldar into the Temple of Pflarr. As the undead fall upon them, the Company joins the fray. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Submitted! (4/02/19)
- Writing, Posting Break (3/29/19)
- GURPS Gamma World, Session 19 – Postscript 1 – Muskegeon’s Bank (3/26/19)
- GURPS Gamma World, 20th Homeland – Session 19 – Unknown #2, Part II (3/25/19)
- Gamma pre-summary (3/25/19)
- Gamma Terra tomorrow (3/24/19)
- Bonus Troll Adventure Seed (3/23/19)
- The coming end of the Kickstarters (3/22/19)
- Adventure seeds updated – is there call for more? (3/20/19)
- Lesser Lichdom & Wishing (3/17/19)
- Reasons to try GURPS for Dungeon Bashing (3/16/19)
- The Future of GURPS? (3/15/19)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Gaming is Life, and Life is Diverse (3/23/19) – A recollection and musing of an unfortunate time I made a new player feel excluded.
- Two New Character Sheets for GURPS (3/16/19)
The Gaming Musings of a Mad GM (Ken DeLyzer)
- Grimwyrd: Hearts and Minds (3/15/19)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Carpe Blogiem: Author, Patreon, and Blog Highlights – March 2019 (4/04/19)
- Boil and Bubble: Ritual Path Magic Miscellany II (3/28/19)
- GURPS101: Deconstruction of True Faith (3/21/19)
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
- Top ten reasons? Bah! Amateurs! (3/16/19)
Olympus RPG Group (The Olympus RPG Group)
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E02 (4/02/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The team’s pursuits of persons-of-interest to Opn: ASGARD YELLOW CHECKMATE falls into disarray, with the team in-hiding from Egyptian authorities as the heat skyrockets.
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E01 (3/27/19) – Introducing our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign. The team wraps up an operation to perform SSE (sensitive site exploitation) of a suspected bioweapons bunker in Syria, and begins a new operation in Port Said, Egypt, to surveil a new person-of-interest.
Octopus Carnival (Ubiratan Pires Alberton)
- Let’s Read Hell’s Rebels: Part 2, Part 3, Part 2 (3/27/19)
- Dungeon Fantasy RPG’s Second Kickstarter (3/16/19)
PK’s Game Recaps and Tidbits (PK Levine)
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
Testsujin no Llama (Matt Riggsby)
Bat in the Attic (Rob Conley)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Monster: Magmin (4/04/19)
- Lenses/Monsters: Lycanthropes (3/31/19)
- Monster: Locathah (3/19/19)
- Racial Templates: Lizardfolks (3/18/19)
- Monster: Lillend (3/17/19)
- Lens/Monster: Lich (3/16/19)
Three Hundred and Thirty-Three (Michael Keenan)
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (3/31/19)
- Poll: What content would you like to see next? (3/22/19)
- 333, Appendix B: Ritual Path Magic Styles (3/21/19)
- 333, Appendix A: Rituals (3/20/19)
- 333, Chapter Six: Creatures and NPCs (3/19/19)
- 333, Chapter Five: Campaigns (3/19/19)
- 333, Chapter Four: Characters (3/18/19)
- 333, Chapter Three, Part 3 (3/17/19)
- 333, Chapter Three, Part 2 (3/17/19)
- 333, Chapter Three: Thaumaturgy, Part 1 (3/17/19)
T Bone’s GURPS Diner (T Bone)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
Lair of the Chaotic GM (ChaoticGM)
- Martial Artist buffs for Dungeon Fantasy (3/23/19)
GURPS Mega Dungeon (John Morrison)