This week brings to a close the week of blatantly shilling for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG Kickstarters. Both Citadel at Nordvorn and the Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and Boxed Set Reprint campaigns end this weekend, with DFM2 closing tomorrow (Friday), and Citadel coming to an end on Sunday. Both funded and passed at least one stretch goal, and Citadel – which had fewer to begin with – is on the cusp of passing another.
The DFM2 campaign is currently past $50,000, and since one can see an additional 20-25% funding in the last two days of a campaign, it’s not over yet to get the $60,000 stretch goal. If you’re a backer, you can also answer Phil Reed’s question “What next?” by commenting on Update 14.
The Citadel at Nordvorn turned from “gee, that’s worrisome” at the beginning to “Gaming Ballistic’s Best Kickstarter Ever.” It is already the best funded by several thousand dollars, and has 515 backers, which is 10 fewer than Hall of Judgment ended with, and 100 more than Hall of Judgment was three days before it ended. It’s already at 112 pages, Fantastic Dungeon Grappling will be inside the boxed set, and we’re $500 from making it 128 pages. From this point in HoJ to close, it picked up 26% additional funding. If we do that from here, the campaign will hit $24,570 . . . just $430 short of the offset print run. Of course, to do that, we’ll need 144 more backers at the current average pledge level. That last goal is going to be close!
Please jump on!
Back to GURPSDay
We have a new blog this week! Three Hundred and Thirty Three, by Michael Keenan, who has started off strong with ten posts this week!
GURPSDay is starting its sixth – GURPSDay started in February 2013, a year after I started Gaming Ballistic. Things have slowed down a bit, and I’ll be considering how to revitalize this weekly activity. I’d like to see an average of 100 posts here per week – one per blog, ish – so we’ll see what we can do to get creative juiced flowing.
If you just started a GURPS blog – and I know that some of you have – email me and get on the list! With the advent of the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, Powered by GURPS, there’s even more reason to write.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
Three Hundred and Thirty-Three (Michael Keenan)
- 333, Appendix B: Ritual Path Magic Styles (3/21/19)
- 333, Appendix A: Rituals (3/20/19)
- 333, Chapter Six: Creatures and NPCs (3/19/19)
- 333, Chapter Five: Campaigns (3/19/19)
- 333, Chapter Four: Characters (3/18/19)
- 333, Chapter Three, Part 3 (3/17/19)
- 333, Chapter Three, Part 2 (3/17/19)
- 333, Chapter Three: Thaumaturgy, Part 1 (3/17/19)
- 333, Chapter Two, Part 3 (3/17/19)
- 333, Chapter Two, Part 2 (3/17/19)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- Top 5 DM Tips: Matt Finch RPG Studio (3/22/19)
- Citadel at Norðvörn: Stretch Goals Falling Fast! (3/19/19)
- How do I get Fantastic Dungeon Grappling? (3/18/19)
- The Blind Mapmaker Reviews Citadel (3/18/19)
- Fantastic Dungeon Grappling . . . is now a DFM2 Stretch goal! (3/17/19)
- Citadel at Nordvorn Final Cover (3/16/19)
Bat in the Attic (Rob Conley)
Octopus Carnival (Ubiratan Pires Alberton)
- Dungeon Fantasy RPG’s Second Kickstarter (3/26/19)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Wandered Roads 53 (3/21/19) – Left Wartle, traveled through Whistledown, explored some burnt out ruins. Kallin “knew” one of the girls in town. Made it to Ilsurian to find the Umbra Carnival in town. Explored carnival and rescued escaped “baby dragon.” Phew. The ongoing adventures of the Heroes of Sandpoint in our Wandered Roads of Varisia GUPRS campaign.
- Grand Duchy 123 (3/20/19) – The Grey Company waits and watches as Golthar’s minions force a group of Traldar into the Temple of Pflarr. As the undead fall upon them, the Company joins the fray. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- The coming end of the Kickstarters (3/22/19)
- Adventure seeds updated – is there call for more? (3/20/19)
- Lesser Lichdom & Wishing (3/17/19)
- Reasons to try GURPS for Dungeon Bashing (3/16/19)
- The Future of GURPS? (3/15/19)
Frak Frel and Other F Words (Rigil Kent)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Imperial Vehicles: Vanguard-Class Infantry Fighting Vehicle (3/20/19)
- Imperial Vehicles: Vanquisher-Class Hover-Tank (3/19/19)
- Imperial Ground Vehicles, an Introduction (3/18/19)
- I backed the GURPS DF Monster 2 Kickstarter (3/17/19)
Testsujin no Llama (Matt Riggsby)
GURPS Mega Dungeon (John Morrison)
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
- Top ten reasons? Bah! Amateurs! (3/16/19)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Monster: Locathah (3/19/19)
- Racial Templates: Lizardfolks (3/18/19)
- Monster: Lillend (3/17/19)
- Lens/Monster: Lich (3/16/19)
T Bone’s GURPS Diner (T Bone)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Two New Character Sheets for GURPS (3/16/19)
The Gaming Musings of a Mad GM (Ken DeLyzer)
- Grimwyrd: Hearts and Minds (3/15/19)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- GURPS101: Deconstruction of True Faith (3/21/19)
DF Whiterock (dripton)