Thursday is GURPSDay, and we’re back into the swing of things
This last week saw the release of GURPS Disasters: Meltdowns and Fallout, which marks the first volume in what has been on the wishlist for a while in the disasters series. It’s not explicitly tied to After the End, but global nuclear catastrophe is certainly on that list.
The links below represent an incomplete pull. The RSS feeds were acting broadly wonky as of 7:30am this morning, but has climbed to 44 posts by midnight CST.
And one more above-the-fold advertisement: over at Code by Clockwork, a major update to GURPS Calculator (v2.3) has been released. This has much tighter integration with GCS, and if you read his post for today, you’ll see that GCS and GCalc are looking pretty integrated these days. Character Generation and tracking can be one of the more challenging parts of GURPS (and point-buy systems in general), and having this sort of automated play-aid is a big deal. Thus: above-the-fold.
May is GURPSDay recruiting month. I’m hoping to more than double the number of blogs we pull from over the next 6 weeks (faster would be better!). I’ve already received two new blogs, though only one is reflected below because I need a few more details from the second blog’s author. But . . . if you blog about GURPS with any regularity, adding your blog to the script is easy, free, and can only help your traffic.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Code By Clockwork (Jeff Demers)
- GURPS Calculator 2.3 has been released! GCS Importing for all! (5/12/16) – A huge post announcing the last 3 months of work that has been done for GCS Importing using GCalc.
No School Grognard (Mark Langsdorf)
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
- Primary Sources in Fantasy Gaming (5/10/16) – What would “Primary Sources” in fantasy gaming be other than sourcebooks?
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Psi Wars – The Fourth Iteration: Cool Powers and Martial Arts (5/11/16)
- Iteration 3 Retrospective (5/06/16)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (5/12/16)
- Mechanics: Leading Monsters (5/12/16) – I play around with piecing together the rules that might help one lead a group of monsters into the fray, and try to come up with mechanics boiled down as simple as possible so we aren’t fretting with a bunch of boring mechanics after a stirring rebel rouser of a speech.
- CER: The Natural Encyclopedia: Vortex – Zimurgicanth (5/11/16)
- Review: Power-Ups 5: Impulse Buys (5/10/16) – Impulse Buys, a controversial mechanic that can have a big impact on your game.
- Advantage: Serendipity (5/09/16) – I fret about the Serendipity advantage and fish for opinions as I piece together something that is fair, manageable, and maybe a teeny bit more objective?
- CER: The Natural Encyclopedia: Snake, Snow – Volcano Beast (5/08/16)
- Session Capture: Varens Session 11, Our Heroes are caught up in a SNAFU (5/08/16) – Varens Campaign Session 11 Recap.
- Crafting: More Fundamental Property Changing Enhancements (5/07/16) – Thoughts on Cost Factors to change physical properties of weapons.
- Disadvantage: Compulsory Adventuring Disadvantages (5/06/16) – Just an index of disadvantages to help players anchor themselves into a setting with obligations and plot hooks.
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (5/06/16)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Creating “Beware the Boogeyman” – Part 3 (5/11/16) – In Part Three, the final post of “Creating Beware the Boogeyman,” the last three pre-gen PCs are completed, the six encounters written out, and the few remaining details to be done put on a list. Might even have time to playtest this thing before the convention!
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
- Gun Fu: The Matrix (5/09/16)
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- Keeping Decisions Interesting (5/11/16) – GURPS gives GMs options for how granular the game is. Successful GMs adjust the granularity of their games in order to keep their players’ decisions interesting—not too overwhelming to be meaningful, but also not so simple as to be simplistic. This post introduces the idea of adjusting the granularity to strike that balance.
Chain Link and Concrete (M. Eversberg II)
- The M16A2 Rifle (5/13/16)
- The Calico M955-A Submachine Gun (5/11/16)
- The ArmaLite AR-18 Rifle (5/09/16)
- The Personnel Armor System for Ground Troops (PASGT) (5/07/16)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Conditional Spell Resistance Penalties (5/12/16)
- Review: Conan Beyond Thunder River (5/11/16)
- Review: Conan the Wyrmslayer (5/09/16)
- Signature Gear & Weapon Bond & Gear-Destroying Monsters (5/08/16)
- Participating in GURPSDay (5/07/16)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- The Burden of being the Party Leader (5/09/16) – Being the party leader in-character inevitably leads to being a leader out-of-character.
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary May 6 – May 12, 2016 (5/12/16)
- Aeon Campaign S2E5 – Relationship status: complicated (5/10/16) – In S2E5 of the Aeon Supers campaign, we get a visit from an old friend of Eamon’s, a super who suffered extreme injuries in the Riker’s Island breakout. He’s looking for a miracle – fortunately he used to date one, but they’re on the outs. We get a proposition that very much has more to it than meets the eye.
- Reloading Press: .416 Barrett (10.6x83mm) (5/09/16) – If you need to reach out over a mile and touch someone, and have thousands of dollars to spare, consider the .416 Barrett from your platform of choice. It hits for 12d and the right rifle and ammo will deliver basically Acc 7 . . . so this is a serious platform for serious shooters.
- May is GURPSDay recruitment month (5/07/16) – GURPSDay is great – but it could be more. Get the word out, sign up, and generally let’s try and get 100 blogs on the list by the end of May!
- GURPS Day Summary April 29- May 5, 2016 (5/06/16)
Game in the Brain (Justin Aquino)
- GURPS day cross post – Appreciating the Work (5/11/16)
- Running GURPS more narratively Part 3: implications (5/09/16)
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
- Sola Scriptura XII: DF 3, Chapter 4: New Capabilities (5/08/16)
- DF skill cheat sheet, redux (5/08/16)
- DF skill cheat sheet (5/07/16)
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
Set Adrift on 3D6 (Conner)