Thursday is GURPSDay, and below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week, there have been 43 GURPS-Related posts from an ever-expanding list of 37 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen, which is a nice chunk of reading material. Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week. This week we’re changing up the time we ran the script, so checking out the update that will show up tonight or tomorrow morning is key!
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- No Rules Arguments at the Table (3/17/16)
- Encouraging Faster Play with Perks (3/15/16) – Using the Perk rules can speed up gameplay by encouraging players to pre-determine their in-play options
The Lands of Nandêmē (Charles Saeger)
- Sola Scriptura VIII (3/17/16)
Orbital Vagaries (Christian Blouin)
- IW1 – Advertising faux-pas (3/12/16)
Game in the Brain (Justin Aquino)
- Progress report 11C Random Character Generation Booklet (3/16/16)
- When Certainty Fails 40% of the time, and Luck has a greater factor to Success than skill. (3/14/16)
The Red Mouser (Gotha)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: GMing Danger Sense (3/17/16)
- Carpe Blogiem: Open Call To Players, the Revenge of the Open Call (3/17/16)
- Designer’s Notes: Heroes on the Mass Scale (3/16/16)
Game Geekery (Warren “Mook” Wilson)
- Printing RPG PDFs to Hardcopy Books (3/16/16) – Gamers are often curious about printing their PDFs as hardcopy books. This post has both pictures and prices for a few books I’ve made for myself using Lulu.
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
- Auto-Generated Monsters for GURPS! (3/17/16)
- Languages in GURPS – some thoughts. (3/15/16)
- Reflections on the first session. (3/13/16)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- Danger Sense: Think more Intuitively (3/17/16) – Jumping on the Danger Sense bandwagon, I take a different approach at the problem.
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- GURPS 101: Patching Holes (Poison, Disease, Influence Rolls) (3/17/16)
- To what extent do you convert rules? (3/16/16)
- Leveling up in Gamma Terra (3/15/16)
- GURPS Gamma World, 20th Homeland – Session 6 – Welcome to Boomtown (3/14/16)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary Mar 11 – Mar 17, 2016 (3/17/16)
- My Danger Sense is Tingling (3/17/16) – The Danger Sense advantage is something that I both love and hate, as both a player and GM. I discuss why, and whether, in the years since 4e came out, that improvements in metagame mechanics have made the advantage somewhat superfluous, or at least easier to handle in other ways.
- Aeon Campaign: S1E10 – This computer really IS possessed (3/15/16) – In the Aeon supers game, we turn a no-win situation into a locked room mystery for our foes. A lot of exposition and discussion with a possessed AI (no, literally), and the revelation that a long-time rival is behind a lot more evil than your run-of-the-mill power-hungry organizational climber.
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
- Gangster Gats: Purple Gang (3/12/16)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Grand Duchy 77 (3/17/16) – The Grey Company cautiously continues their exploration of the quiet valley. Challenges continue to present themselves, but they are overcome. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
- Simple Tricks II (3/15/16) – The Lambda Heist. The Crew of the Painted S’kytri infiltrate, assault and steal from an Imperial base on a backwater moon. Episode II of our ongoing GURPS: Star Wars campaign.
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (3/17/16) – Blog world over the last week.
- Combination Attacks: Reverse Engineering, and Applying Fast Bow. (3/17/16) – Evaluating methods to cost out advantages that let a character skip some ready maneuvers using existing precedent.
- CER: The Natural Encyclopedia: Ant Lion, Giant – Blimp, Sea (3/16/16) – A second part of a big project, using the fantastic Natural Encyclopedia bestiary by Kevin A. Muñoz.
- Cross-Post: How’d it Go? (3/16/16) – A post on strategies for asking for feedback makes me editorialize on why detailed feedback is important for GMs.
- CER: The Natural Encyclopedia: Acid Barnacle – Ant, Trapper (3/16/16) – A small start for a big project, using the fantastic Natural Encyclopedia bestiary by Kevin A. Muñoz.
- Review: GURPS Powers: Divine Favor (3/15/16) – An astoundingly simple but somehow unique system to make your clerics different from your wizards.
- Sorcery: Firestorm (3/14/16) – Firestorm, inspired by Dark Souls. Unreliable, but powerful.
- Session Capture: Varens Session 7, Wherein our Heroes Have a Downtime Episode (3/13/16) – Varens Campaign Session 7 Recap.
- Five Room Dungeon: Runaway Spider (3/12/16) – Second attempt at a five room dungeon. Feels more solid already.
- Cross-Post: The Bunnies’ Tale (3/12/16) – A short adventure where you play from the perspective of rabbits.
- Encounter: Giant Killer Frog! (3/11/16) – Where I use the giant animal trick to scale a small monster up.
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Psi Wars: Robot Templates (3/17/16) – Worked examples of robots that you can drop directly into your Psi Wars campaign
Further Up the Spire (Archon Shiva)
- Session: The Shipment (3/16/16) – A new drug lord is trying to install his trade in Mistzy’s neighborhood.
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
- GURPSDay: Danger Sense (3/17/16) – My own thoughts on Danger Sense.
- Short Review: GURPS After the End 1 (3/15/16) – A short review of GURPS After the End 1: Survivors.
Armin’s GCA 5 Blog (Armin Sykes)
- Store bits, get bits, edit bits (3/15/16)
No School Grognard (Mark Langsdorf)