Thursday is GURPSDay, and we’re back into the swing of things
We have a few new blogs on the rolls, and since May is GURPSDay recruiting month, I’m hoping to more than double the number of blogs we pull from over the next 6 weeks (faster would be better!). I’ve already received two new blogs, though only one is reflected below because I need a few more details from the second blog’s author. But . . . if you blog about GURPS with any regularity, adding your blog to the script is easy, free, and can only help your traffic.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Chain Link and Concrete (M. Eversberg II)
- The M16A2 Rifle (5/13/16)
One Yard Hex (Paul Stefko)
- Martin Strummer, Dungeon Fantasy Bard (5/19/16)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary May 13 – May 19, 2016 (5/19/16)
- Aeon Campaign S2E6 – Breaking up is hard to do (5/17/16) – In S2E6 of the Aeon Campaign, we continue to investigate Congressman Singleton at the behest of our mostly-criminal associate. We successfully dig up some dirt, are obviously seen doing so, and come to the conclusion we’ve kicked over quite the anthill.
- Reloading Press: .380 ACP (9x17mm) (5/16/16) – The reloading press presents the .380 ACP. When you’re looking for a concealable, accurate pistol, for 100 years the answer was found in the .380 ACP. Still considered one of the lowest-powered ‘acceptable’ self-defense chamberings by some (and dangerously underpowered by others), it’s hard to argue with a weapon you can hide in the palm of a hand!
Set Adrift on 3D6 (Conner)
- Dungeon Fantasy Interlude: One bourbon, one scotch, & one beer. And for my 2nd course, I’ll have… (5/18/16)
- Dungeon Fantasy S01E04: Apprenticing, for fun and profit! (5/17/16)
- And now for something completely different! (5/12/16)
- These are the people in your neighborhood (5/08/16)
- All that glitters is not gold.. Sometimes it’s a mixture of gold and silver! (5/06/16)
- Dungeon Fantasy S01E03: Wizards, Tramps and Thieves (5/06/16)
- Dungeon Fantasty S01E02 “Sunsday Go-To-Meeting Murder Hobos” (5/01/16)
- Dungeon Fantasy S01E01 “Oh won’t you take me, on a sea cruise!” (4/23/16)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (5/19/16)
- Cross-Post: Roleplaying Games Material (5/19/16)
- Retro Review: Swashbucklers (5/19/16) – I’m running a pirate campaign, should I get it? Maybe. I’m running a Musketeers campaign, should I get it? Probably!
- Racial Template: Avian (5/18/16) – Bird People!
- Racial Template: Bunny-Folk (5/18/16) – Bunny People!
- Random Encounters: Tropical Island (5/17/16) – Some Random Encounter Tables for a tropical island. Helpful for cruise control GMing.
- Encounter: Dire Pelican (5/16/16) – Giant birds are scary.
- CER: The Natural Encyclopedia: Ankou – Tommoraki, Outsider (5/15/16)
- Tables: Gunnifying Treasure Tables (5/14/16) – A supplement to the Missile weapons tables to import guns, if that’s a thing you like.
- Math: Incremental Improvement from Raising a Skill by One Level (5/13/16) – Some thoughts on min-maxing, efficacy, and statistics, and why things might be a better value than what you think.
Lost in Technology Again (Bill Barnes)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- DF Underwater Combat Light (5/19/16)
- DF Session 75, Felltower 49 – Part I (5/16/16)
- DF Session summary teaser (5/16/16)
- Review: GURPS Conan Moon of Blood (5/14/16)
- DF book news (5/13/16)
- Review: GURPS Conan and the Queen of the Black Coast (5/13/16)
Game in the Brain (Justin Aquino)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- GURPS Calculator (5/19/16) – Today I review all of the awesomeness that is the GURPS Calculator, a must-have web app that helps you track combat attacks, roll dice, calculate a bunch of things on the fly (collision/fall damage, jumping and throwing distances), and more! An absolute gem for GURPS GMs and players.
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
- Gangster Gats: Cleaver Gang (5/17/16)
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
- Magnificent Samurai: Session 1 (5/16/16) – The Campaign Log for Session 1 of the Magnificent Samurai.
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- The Mysterious Power of Psi Wars (5/18/16) – I look at the problems that have cropped up in depicting the Force as Psionic Powers, discuss how to adjust psionic powers to look more like the Force, or what Psi-Wars might look like if we tossed the Force out the window and just went crazy with Psionic Powers
- The Other Side of Psi (5/17/16) – We look at how to model the Dark Side of the Force in psionics (though this particular discussion is more philosophical than metaphysical), we look at psionic edge-cases (Anti-Psi, Eletrokinesis, Psychic Vampirism and Psychic Healing), we talk about Psi-Tech in Star Wars, and we discuss how to model some of the more dramatic feats of Star Wars
- The Psionic Space Knight (5/16/16) – Continuing our look at Psionic Powers As the Force, I take a look at the three “prime” psionic abilities: ESP, Telepathy and Psychokinesis. I note particularly appropriate or useful abilities, and discuss what 50 points of those abilities might look like
- The Force as Psionic Powers (5/16/16) – An introduction to the merits and flaws of using GURPS Psionic Powers as the basis for the Psi-Wars version of the Force
- The May GURPSDay Challenge (5/13/16)
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- Writing Clearer Stat Blocks (5/19/16) – GURPS stat blocks don’t have to be intimidating. In this post, we explore some techniques for making stat blocks more user friendly.
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 6 (5/19/16) – The Guardians agree to help Lavinia find out what has happened to her ship, the Blue Nixie. Their investigation quickly turns into a blind assault in the harbor. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Simple Tricks III (5/13/16) – Take Him Home. The crew of the Painted S’kytri take their beloved Captain “home” to Socorro for an honorable burial. They have to make a few stops along the way, though. The continuing saga of the Crew of the Painted S’kytri in our GURPS: Star Wars campaign, Simple Tricks and Nonsense.
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
Cadiz Redemption (Michael Wolf)
- Session 7 – October 24 – October 27 5002AD (5/19/16)
- Session 6 – October 21 – October 24 5002AD (5/01/16)
- Session 5 – October 16 – October 21 5002AD (4/16/16)
- Session 4 – October 13 – October 16 5002AD (3/31/16)
- Session 3 – October 9 – October 13 5002 AD (3/02/16)
- Session 2 – October 7-October 9 5002AD (2/15/16)
- Session 1 – October 2-October 7 5002AD (2/02/16)
- Characters (2/02/16)
- Background (2/02/16)