Thursday is GURPSDay, and below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week, as of 400pmCST today, there have been 37 GURPS-Related posts from our list of
59 60 (!) blogs that have popped up on the radar screen. We picked up two new blogs, too, by the mid-afternoon update: The Generic Universal Roleplaying Blog, and the amusingly-named The Phantom’s Belch.
I was up pretty much all night – or at least it feels that way – with a barfy toddler. I did not know that much could come out of such a tiny person. Then my wife, on her way to get wine so the adults could deal with the aftermath of said barfy toddler the only way we know how, hit an open manhole cover that had been floated away by the torrential rain. 50kg of iron washed away and shredded her tire. So. There we go. At least it’s GURPSDay.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
No School Grognard (Mark Langsdorf)
- Nu World Session 6 (8/10/16)
Cadiz Redemption (Michael Wolf)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (8/11/16)
- Review: Power-Ups 4 – Enhancements (8/11/16) – A good book for fans of advantage customization.
- Editorial: I Like Reading Lots of Rules, But That Doesn’t Mean I Use Them All (8/10/16) – Today I talk about my enjoyment of lots and lots of rules, even if I ignore a lot of them.
- Fundamentals: Savoir-Faire (8/09/16) – Just some musings on a skill I don’t think I’ve looked at hard enough.
- Fundamentals: How to do “Everything” (8/07/16) – A look at several advantages and abilities that can open the doors to nigh omnipotence.
- Fundamentals: Talents and Wildcard Skills (8/06/16) – A dissection of two phenomenally different mechanics with semantically similar applications.
- Review: Pyramid #3/36 Dungeon Fantasy (8/05/16) – A fun issue for Dungeon Fantasy fans, but it left me wanting.
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- How we use Armoury in DF (8/11/16)
- What non-combat skills do they bring to the DF table? (Knight, Wizard, Barbarian) (8/08/16)
Michael Lee Viviano’s Gaming Blog (Michael Viviano)
- Cutter Deck Plan (8/08/16)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary Aug 5 – Aug 11, 2016 (8/11/16)
- Market Research: One Book or Multiple for RPGs? (8/10/16) – One book or several for a Roleplaying Game? Some really low-level market research[/URL] (I took a poll) and how Print-on-Demand might allow everyone to have cake and devour it properly. Turns out GURPS Fourth Edition’s setup seems popular.
- Reloading Press: .357 Magnum (9x33mmR) (8/09/16) – The Reloading Press returns to cover the venerable and highly respectable .357M. When you need a single cartridge for both a sidearm and a longarm, it’s hard to argue with this one.
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
Dice and Lives (Joel Sammallahti)
- How I Play: Dice and the Game Master (8/06/16) – Some thoughts on why I’m against GMs fudging dice rolls.
- Sleepless Nights: Additional Templates (8/05/16) – Additional racial templates relating to vampiric powers.
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- Aeon C-Team S2E1: Something tells me Cindy wasn’t into Hard Rock THAT much (8/11/16)
- Veracity’s Downtime: Part 1, Meeting The Judge (8/07/16) – When the Subway doesn’t command his full uninterrupted attention, Agent Veracity gets to work on personal projects. This time around he tracks down a dangerous vigilante with an axe to grind against Blue Skies.
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- Understanding Reaction Modifiers (8/09/16) – What does a +1 reaction bonus mean in practice? How severe is a -2 reaction penalty? This post will interpret reaction modifiers so players and GMs can anticipate the consequences of gameplay choices on their characters’ social interactions.
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
- Painting and visits from another blog (8/11/16)
Worlds Beyond Earth (Derrick White)
- The Hawfax (Species) (8/05/16)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Martial Arts in Psi-Wars (8/10/16) – A quick “sub-iteration 1” of Martial Arts in Psi-Wars, followed by a discussion of how to expand them, and how I’ll analyze Martial Arts to get an idea of what Psi-Wars needs
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 10 (8/11/16) – Valinya uses magic to figure some things out while the rest of the crew tries to figure out the secret of the Vault. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- GURPS101: Injury Resistance (8/12/16)
- The Hurt Locker: Building an Ambush Point (8/10/16)
- Boil and Bubble: Water Elementalism Magical Style (8/06/16)
- The Hurt Locker: The Rood Blades (8/06/16)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (8/05/16)
GURB- The Generic Universal Roleplaying Blog (The_RyujinLP)
- Minor name change for now, possible major change later… (8/11/16)
- Plasma Guns, Re-Energized! (8/11/16) – Plasma Guns, Re-Energized! Need more plasma weapon love in your game? Then read on to find out how to stat your own high-energy goodness!.
- Welp, I’ve just came down with a cause of the blogs…. (8/09/16)
Chain Link and Concrete (M. Eversberg II)
- GURPSHammer: Vagir’s Campaign Session 7 (8/07/16)
- GURPSHammer: Vagir’s Campaign Session 6 (8/06/16)
- GURPSHammer: Vagir’s Campaign Session 5 (8/05/16)
The Phantom’s Belch (Ted Brock)