We’re now at 48 hours to go on the Hall of Judgment Kickstarter. It has been, and likely will continue to be, an awesome and humbling experience.
It’s not even done yet, and it’s already been my most successful KS to date from a number of backers perspective, and may yet still eclipse Dragon Heresy as my most financially successful KS as well.
And let’s not beat around the bush here. While money to me is of course good for me, the licensing revenue to SJGames is the best of all. Darn near infinite ROI. But it’s really just the start: as Zarina said in The Pirate Fairy (can you tell I have two girls?): “From a trickle to a roar!”
This is the time: go to your social network, go to your Favorite Local Game Stores if you have one, tell your friends. Share this, encourage folks to pledge. Let’s freakin’ blow up the last two days.
What’s in it for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG community:
What’s in it for you?
- A Foreword by Sean “Dr. Kromm” Punch, GURPS Line Editor, that should make everyone that’s wanted to publish for GURPS sit up and take notice
- 20 pages of viking-inspired town, with festivals, culture, and adventure seeds Three micro-dungeons to explore: a ruins and two underground warrens.
- Five maps by MonkeyBlood Design (Glynn Seal), ENnie-nominated cartographer. These things are unbelievably cool.
- The main adventure, featuring a non-linear evolution in encounters, not-just-combat challenges, and more
- Over a dozen sample characters; five or six are backer submitted at the Thegn of Your Own tier!
- More than 30 creatures ready to play with a new open layout for easy digestion.
This book is VERY different, and quite frankly, better in almost every way than Lost Hall of Tyr, from which it sprung. 128 pages (rather than 64), full color, awesome art, and layered and hyperlinked for ease of use. The print copies will be 93#/140gsm interior paper; fulfillment is from the UK so international shipping should be pretty affordable.
Finally: let’s not beat around the bush: let me quote from the aforementioned foreword:
“…it bodes well for Dungeon FantasyRoleplaying Game fans and fans of SJ Games products in general. We now have evidence that licensing third-party publishers to crowdfund content for our games pays off. That isn’t a guarantee we’ll agree to every proposal—our standards remain exacting, and we still prefer people we know and trust—but it means we’ll listen. Intently.” -Sean “Dr. Kromm” Punch
Please help drive more support the Hall of Judgment Kickstarter.