Thursday is GURPSDay. Things were relatively quiet in the SJG-o-sphere as the team wound down from a very successful Kickstarter.
A quick gander at the pledges showed about 70% from the USA, and 20-25% from the UK, EU, AUS, and NZ. The rest were basically statistically insignificant. One notable thing – after the US, the New Zealand crew had the highest per-capita pledge rate in pledges per million folks. The UK, though #2 in total pledges, was actually fairly low in per-capita rank
Below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week there have been 48 GURPS-related posts from our list of 66 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- Ballparking Damage in GURPS (10/11/16) – Being able to estimate weapon damage rolls can help GMs improvise in the heat of combat. This post gives guidelines for ballparking damage rolls in GURPS.
Chain Link and Concrete (M. Eversberg II)
- The M16 Anti-Personnel Land Mine (10/12/16)
- The M15 Anti-Tank Land Mine (10/11/16)
- The M14 Anti-Personnel Land Mine (10/10/16)
- The Tapani Lightfoil (10/07/16)
Octopus Carnival (Ubiratan Pires Alberton)
- Dragon’s Dogma: Characters, Part 1 (10/13/16)
- Dragon’s Dogma: The City of Gran Soren (10/12/16)
- Dragon’s Dogma: Towns (10/10/16)
- Pathfinder Iconics in Dungeon Fantasy: Lem (10/08/16)
Worlds Beyond Earth (Derrick White)
A Literate Programmer’s Blog (The Literate Programmer)
- Iemanki – History and Nations, first draft (10/13/16) First draft of the world of Iemanki, focused on history and countries
- New series – creating worlds (10/13/16) I begin a new series of blog posts and explain why
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- Pyramid 93: Spaceships III (10/12/16)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary Oct 6 – Oct 13, 2016 (10/13/16)
- Aeon Campaign S3E12 – Lost in Spaaaace (and time) (10/11/16) – Aeon S3E12. We wake up in free fall, parachute to the ground, and then find ourselves in an out-of-time survival situation. Later, we get chased by something fast and with claws into a bunker that may or may not be a refuge.
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Meta: I won a thing (10/13/16)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (10/13/16)
- Powers: (Inspired by) Pikachu (10/13/16) – Some electrical abilities.
- Powers: (Inspired by) Spearow and Ekans (10/12/16) – Some birdy abilities, and some snakey abilities.
- Powers: (Inspired by) Rattata (10/11/16) – Two different bites, one kinda mundane, and one kinda wacked out.
- Powers: (Inspired By) Pidgey (10/10/16) – Some lo-fi air abilities inspired by pokemon.
- Powers: (Inspired by) Weedle and Beedrill (10/09/16) – Some speedy type bug attacks inspired by pokemon.
- Sorcery: (Inspired by) Caterpie and Butterfree (10/08/16) – Some support bug themed type moves inspired by pokemon.
- Review: Pyramid #3/65 – Alternate GURPS III (10/08/16) – The material is very broad, so take a look yourself to see if you might like it.
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
- GURPS Wildcard skill: Nightmare! [GURPS 4E] (10/14/16)
Further Up the Spire (Archon Shiva)
- Interlude: The Filthy Dozen (10/09/16) – Ratmen steal a central campaign artifact.
- New Ptolus/d20 Cleric Spells for GURPS (10/08/16) – Iconic d20 Cleric spells adapted for GURPS.
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
- The Adventures of Temian Fell – Episode 8 – Murdfane Temple (10/12/16)
- Next Temian Fell Adventure on the way! (10/12/16)
- Amazing Ways to Talk GURPS (10/10/16)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
PK’s Game Recaps and Tidbits (PK Levine)
- After the End: Week 20 (10/14/16) – The group comes across a secret door guarded by turrets, after which they encounter a group of teddies. Can these two problems be used to solve each other?
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
- I am in business now! (10/07/16)
The Phantom’s Belch (Ted Brock)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Low FP: Too Tired to Resist & Weak Blows (10/13/16)
- Revised GURPS Magic: Dispel Magic and Fast-Fire (10/12/16)
- Felltower 54 in Pictures (10/11/16)
- DF Game, Session 81, Felltower 54 – the Lord of Spite, Part I? (10/11/16)
- DF session pre-summary (10/10/16)
Dice and Lives (Joel Sammallahti)
- Sleepless Nights: Vampire Psychology (10/12/16)
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
- Pirates! Session #2 (10/11/16)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Psi-Wars Template: The Space Knight 3.0 (10/12/16) – Including force blade martial arts and psionics for the complete, Space Knight package
- Psi-Wars Template: The Assassin (10/11/16) – A look at the master of psi-wars hand-to-hand, the silent death of the Galactic Rim, the Assassin
- Psi-Wars Template: The Frontier Marshal (and the Bounty Hunter) (10/10/16) – The long arm of the law in the Galactic Rim, and a second look at the other gun-toting combat-expert, the Bounty Hunter
- Martial Arts and Psionic Style Power-Sets (10/10/16) – For the Psi-Wars character who can’t get enough space kung fu
GURB- The Generic Universal Roleplaying Blog (The_RyujinLP)
- Sword: Bringing the HEAT (10/13/16) – Got some heavy armor you need to punch through? Come bring the HEAT you need to take em down with my custom HEAT round design system!
Of Paper Men and Plastic Monsters (Cole Jenkins)
- Santa Claus and Signature Gear (10/09/16) – How much is too much for Signature Gear?