Thursday is GURPSDay! It’s been a good week, and we even got a new release today: Steampunk Conveyances. This book launches the Vehicles series, which will present ready-to-use thematically grouped, well, vehicles.
Welcome to the second year of GURPSDay, and here’s the pull for this week.
We’re currently drawing content from 89 blogs. Only 11 more to go until we’re pulling from 100! But we’ll need your help.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
Improvised Radio Theatre – With Dice (RogerBW)
- It All Comes Down to Fire In the End (8/01/17)
Dice and Discourse (Joseph Mason)
- Traveller Interstellar Wars – Episode 2 (7/31/17)
Dice and Lives (Joel Sammallahti)
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 36 (8/03/17) – The Guardians continue their interrogation of Rowyn Kellani. With a sweet song, she is able to arrange her own escape. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Sundered Lands 35 (7/29/17) – The Guardians meet and then fight and then subdue the Lady Lotus at the heart of the Sea Harpy lair. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: Slow Lane Sessions (8/04/17)
- The Chronicles of Ceteri – A-Team – S00E11 – Given Up for Dead, Part III (8/02/17)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- GURPS Gamma World, 20th Homeland – Session 12 – Friends of the Fit (7/31/17)
- Gamma Summary Teaser (7/31/17)
- Gamma Terra today (7/30/17)
- Ramping up the silly in Felltower (7/28/17)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (7/28/17)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Aristocratic Personnel: Regular Infantry and Space Knights (8/02/17)
- Aristocratic Materiel (8/01/17)
- Knightly Orders of the Alliance (7/31/17)
- Aristocratic Regulars and Military Forces (7/30/17)
- The State of the Patreon – August 2017 (7/28/17)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Advantages, Disadvantages, and Skills Spreadsheet (8/02/17) – An easy to sort and filter spreadsheet of the Advantages, Disadvantges, and Skills from GURPS Campaigns.
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
- Source Speak/TL [IQ/VH] [GURPS 4e] (7/28/17)
Olympus RPG Group (The Olympus RPG Group)
- GURPS: Traveller, “The New Deal” Session 3.08 (8/02/17) – Continuing our ongoing GURPS: Traveller campaign. While on the Corfu highport, the crew gets into hijinks before moving onto the planet itself where they use Ibrahim’s medical talents to get to the target site.
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Sorcery: Death Spells I (8/03/17)
- Sorcery: Earth Spells IV (8/02/17)
- Sorcery: Mind Control Spells X (8/01/17)
- Sorcery: Mind Control Spells IX (7/31/17)
- Sorcery: Light and Darkness Spells V (7/30/17)
- Sorcery: Illusion and Creation Spells (7/29/17)
- Sorcery: Sound Spells IV (7/28/17)
Frak Frel and Other F Words (Rigil Kent)
- Stats: Candy Golem for Monster Hunters (7/29/17) – Conversion of some d20 stats from the “Blood Sugar” adventure to GURPS: Monster Hunters. Because everyone wants to end up fighting “golems wrought from chocolate, lollipops and lemon drops”, right?
- Red Sky and Scheduling (7/29/17) – Trying to refocus myself onto my GURPS: Monster Hunters game set in the Dresden Files universe since I’ll be running it soon. No stats are involved yet but there are a couple of book references.
- Running Tempest Feud (Star Wars d20) in GURPS: Traveller (7/28/17) – Musing on conversion an adventure from Star Wars d20 to GURPS: Traveller adventure. No stats are involved yet but there are a couple of book references.
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- Aggressive Shield Use in GURPS (8/04/17) – After a few other more general posts on shield use, I muse on a very optional and completely untested way to represent setting a defensive line with the shield by modeling it as an attack. I borrow from Setup Attacks, Deceptive Attacks, and kinda-sorta Technical Grappling, but don’t really address how it will interact with the rest of the offensive/defensive options in GURPS.
- GURPSDay Summary Jul 28 – Aug 3, 2017 (8/03/17)
- One-on-one with Shields: Upsetting the conventional wisdom (8/02/17)
T Bone’s GURPS Diner (T Bone)