Thursday is GURPSDay, and this one shows up on Friday. I swear, the first thing I’m doing when I finish writing Citadel is to try and implement my ideas around making this happen in a more automated fashion. More on that later.
I am busily writing The Citadel at Nordvorn, a mini-setting with far too much going on for
its my own good, but it’s over 30,000 words and I will be doing a lot of writing for it in the next four days.
In personal Gaming Ballistic News:
- If you liked Hall of Judgment, and either also play or have friends that play Fifth Edition or Dragon Heresy, the Lost Hall of Tyr (2nd Edition) campaign closed having raised roughly the same amount of money as the 1st edition. That left us short of the offset print run stretch goal at $6,000 . . . but the Backerkit Phase is going very well, especially thanks to a few folks who ordered Viking-style shields! If you can show your D&D-playing friends the link, pitch it to your FLGS, it would go a long way. We’re something like $100-400 from that stretch goal, with two weeks left in the Backerkit phase. The more I can get product out there, the better stuff I can do for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, as rising sales lift all boats.
- There’s been a lot happening “under the waterline” over at GB, and more will be revealed soon. I will say that several varieties of product, not written by me, are all simmering on the mid-stove. Some of these will really excite SJG fans!
GURPSDay is in its fifth year – GURPSDay started in February 2013, a year after I started Gaming Ballistic. Things have slowed down a bit, and I’ll be considering how to revitalize this weekly activity. I’d like to see an average of 100 posts here per week – one per blog, ish – so we’ll see what we can do to get creative juiced flowing.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
Above the Flatline (Timothy Ponce)
- Gnolls (Starfall) (1/17/19)
- Equipment of Alnwich: Armor (1/15/19)
- The Gods of Alnwich: Malä (1/13/19)
- Equipment of Alnwich: Shields (1/11/19)
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- How to Choose a GURPS Magic System (1/11/19)
gurps_20190118/HansChristian_Vortisch could not be parsed – is it empty?
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
The Gaming Musings of a Mad GM (Ken DeLyzer)
- Grimwyrd: Blasted Treasures (1/16/19)
UbiquitousRat.net (Che Webster)
- GM Diary #2 (1/12/19)
gurps_20190118/Patrick_Burroughs could not be parsed – is it empty?
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- Maps and Inspiration – Follow-up to Mailanka (1/14/19)
- GURPSDay Summary January 4, 2019 – January 10, 2019 (1/11/19)
- Having fun writing Nordvorn and Ainferill (1/11/19)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Mapping Psi-Wars 2: Galactic Map Making (1/16/19)
- Mapping Psi-Wars 1: Map-Making in Theory and Practice (1/14/19)
gurps_20190118/Merlin_Avery could not be parsed – is it empty?
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Old School play with new school rules? (1/18/19)
- What’s next in Felltower? (1/16/19)
- Felltower, Grinding, and Game Style (1/13/19)
- Very Expensive Magic, Cheaper Mundane FAQ (1/11/19)
Olympus RPG Group (The Olympus RPG Group)
- GURPS: Banestorm: Embers of Defiance, Book III, Session 2.14 (1/15/19) – Precis – Fourteenth episode of the second “season” for our ongoing GURPS: Banestorm campaign using Fantasy Grounds and streamed on our Olympus Twitch channel. Having discovered the fabled Lost City of Yaqut min Alraml, the warband must now look to exploring it … and uncovering its hidden dangers…
Frak Frel and Other F Words (Rigil Kent)
- Game Prep: ConsOps Session 01a (1/14/19) – Additional prep-work on the GURPS: Action game. No stats abused this time, but I’ll definitely abuse them next time.
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Treasure: Gauntlets and Gloves (1/17/19)
- Monster: Giant Owl (1/14/19)
- Monster: Pegasus (1/13/19)
- Sorcery: Extra Afflictions (1/12/19)
- Monster: Skum (1/11/19)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
DF Whiterock (dripton)
- Testimony of the Order’s Investigation of Castle Whiterock and Efforts to Slay the Wyrm Benthosruthsa (1/13/19)
- DF Whiterock Session 33: Justicia’s Shrine (1/13/19)
gurps_20190118/Moe_Lane could not be parsed – is it empty?
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Wandered Roads 50 (1/16/19) – The Heroes of Sandpoint leave Magnimar for far Kaer Maga on the magical riverboat Lucky Jenny. The first planned stop is in Wartle for some Pathfinder business. The first UNplanned stop is sooner. The ongoing adventures of the Heroes of Sandpoint in our Wandered Roads of Varisia GUPRS campaign.
Noh RPG Group (binn05)
- Fractures II – Character Creation IX.I – Social Origin Modules Analysis / Fendas II – Criação de Personagens IX.I – Análise dos Módulos de Origem Social (1/14/19)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (1/11/19)