Thursday is GURPSDay, and below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week, as of 10am CST, there have been 42 GURPS-Related posts from our list of 54 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen as of 8am CST.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Grand Duchy 82 (6/23/16) – The Grey Company learns the sad tale of the Traldar, repels an undead horde and goes to check out a ruined temple next door. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- From Evil Overlords to PC Engagement – Tribality for the win (6/23/16) – The other side of the coin to making your bad guys suitably sane in their motivation and plans is presenting engaging hooks for the PCs to bite into when writing adventures. Especially adventures designed to be sold or used by other people. This was a response to an excellent article on Tribality.com from Brandes Stoddard called “Playing with Other People’s Toys,” which is linked in the post. I use the spycraft MICE structure to suggest that a group of PCs should have at least to reasons to engage in a particular adventure.
- GURPS Day Summary June 17 – June 23, 2016 (6/23/16)
- Aeon Campaign S2E11 – The lady and the tiger (6/21/16) – S2E11 of the Aeon Campaign. In the Season Finale, we have so much fun playing; it doesn’t come through on the transcript. But we intercept the Maltese Tiger and give it to Top Men by the expedient of throwing $200,000,000 at it, because Money is one of Arc Light’s superpowers.
Orbital Vagaries (Christian Blouin)
- IW 6 – Human trafficking (6/18/16)
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
- Book Review: The Cthulhu Wars (6/19/16)
Gentleman Gamer (Raoul)
- Campaign structure – Encounters and conspiracies (6/23/16) – The conpyramid and you! Or how I stopped fearing the campaign structure.
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (6/17/16)
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
- Around the Blogs: Point Costs (6/22/16) – My two bits in a multi-blog discussion of point values.
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Ergokinesis in Action (6/22/16) – Wherein I discuss what Ergokinetic powers I want to include in Psi-Wars, which I do not, and a look at defeating ergokinetics and niche protection. Features a discussion on Remote Control and integrating it into our tech-heavy setting
- On the Cost of Advantages (6/22/16) – A crosspost with Raven and Pennies discussion on pricing new advantages
- Psychokinesis in Action (6/21/16) – A look at Psychokinetics in a GURPS Action game, including what powers I’ve selected for Psi-Wars, how to defeat it, and a discussion regarding niche protection. Features a (short) discussion on TK-Grab
- ESP in Action (6/20/16) – A look at which ESP powers I want to include in Psi-Wars and a discussion on how to use ESP in an Action scenario, including how to defeat ESPers and how to handle niche protection. Features a discussion of how to handle Precognition, including prophecies and destiny
- Telepathy in Action (6/19/16) – A look at what Telepathy powers I think are most appropriate for Psi-Wars, including tips on running Telepathy in Action scenarios, how to beat it, and a discussion on niche protection. Features a discussion of Suggestion and Mind Control
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (6/23/16)
- Divine Favor: Lighten Burden (6/23/16) – Just a thought exercise, how to mechanically duplicate the Lighten Burden spell.
- Cross-Post/Editorial: “Fair Pricing” (6/22/16) – Are point costs fair? Is their an objectively correct method of statting things or running GURPS?
- Session Capture: Bad Company Session 3, Oh h*ck! This fight is hard! Oh, and there are some new guys. (6/22/16) – It ends in the middle of a battle!
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy 16: Wilderness Adventures (6/21/16) – How to make the wilderness more fun.
- Math: Luck as Critical Failure Insurance (6/20/16) – Thoughts about Critical Failures and Luck.
- Math: What’s Luck Got To Do With It? (6/19/16) – Let’s pontificate on the value of rerolls.
- Power-Ups: Samurai (Knight Variant) (6/18/16) – Catalog of interesting abilities that might work for a Dungeon Fantasy Samurai.
- Divine Favor: More Messenger/Rogue Abilities (6/17/16) – Just a quantity of some simple Divine Favor prayers that might come in handy for a Rogue/Messenger Cleric.
Chain Link and Concrete (M. Eversberg II)
- Multiple Attacks and Retreating Opponents (6/23/16)
- Overwhelming Active Defenses with Multiple Attacks (6/22/16)
- The GAU-3 “Eliminator” Assault Rifle (6/17/16)
Game in the Brain (Justin Aquino)
- The Magic of Points (6/23/16)
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- Pyramid 90: After the End (6/21/16)
Save vs. Hollowing (Anton L.)
- “Max 20” Draft for GURPS (6/17/16)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Thrown Weapons, All-Out Attack, and Throwing Harder (6/23/16)
- GM Mistakes Negotiating as Monsters (6/22/16)
- Magic works as written, because it’s magic (6/20/16)
- DF Felltower: Staff of Healing (6/19/16)
- My “new” combat system for GURPS 3e (6/17/16)
PK’s Game Recaps and Tidbits (PK Levine)
- After the End: Week 16 (6/21/16) – The wastelanders head into the “chaos fog” forest, alert for exploding fruit and other nano-based weirdness.
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- “How to Be a GURPS GM” Update (6/23/16) – Looking at where the GURPS books released after “How to Be a GURPS GM” would fit into that book.
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Boil and Bubble: Curse as a Sorcery Spell (6/23/16)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: Back to the Drawing Board (6/22/16)
Yore (Martin Ralya)
- The GURPSening continues: S. John Ross’ recommended GURPS book list (6/23/16)
- GURPS Time Travel’s four mini-settings (6/22/16)
No School Grognard (Mark Langsdorf)
- Nu World, Sessions 3, 4, and 5 (6/19/16)