Improvements since last time?
MOAR PLAYERS! We’ve increased the number of blogs being polled by about 50%
Only a week at a time – As was originally envisioned, GURPSDay will aggregate all the GURPS-tagged posts from the prior week.
Working on summaries – We’re trying to include a short summary of each post that the author provides. There are some details of the formatting we’re working out, so they don’t all have them.
Random order – to be fair to everyone, we’re randomizing the blog-roll order each time. So scroll through the entire list and see what people are writing about!
Finally – the feed script is looking for the tag/label/category GURPS. If you occasionally blog about GURPS, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can ensure that when you DO write, it gets picked up.
With that, here’s this week’s content! This post will be updated around midnight tonight, to try and catch any last-minute updates or additions!
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
- Creating a Fantasy World – Worked Example – Stage 3 (2/04/16)
- Creating a Fantasy World – Worked Example – Stage 2 (2/04/16)
- Creating a Fantasy World – Worked Example – Stage 1 – The Starting Region (2/04/16)
- GURPSDAY SERIES LAUNCH: Creating a Fantasy World – Worked Example! (2/04/16)
Further Up the Spire (Archon Shiva)
- What people want in summaries (1/31/16)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy Treasures 2: Epic Treasures (2/05/16) – Review of the newly released Epic Treasures.
- Encounter: Aeromola (2/04/16)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary (2/04/16) – Summary of GURPSDay Articles and my reaction.
- Encounter: Prickly Pal (2/04/16) – Prickly Pal poaches parched padres passing places particularly pleasing.
- Encounter: Gorgon Calf (2/03/16) – Baby Bovine Breathes Badness.
- Encounter: Dire Bombardier Beetle (2/02/16) – A big beetle that projects burning pain and stink.
- Cross-Post: An Alternate Enchanting System (2/02/16) – Just an inspiring post and some comments.
- Encounters: It’s a Twofer, Lotus Mold Trap and Euphoria Cap Monster (2/01/16) – A Euphoria Monster and an Ecstasy Trap working together in gruesome harmony.
- Encounter: Airman of War (1/31/16) – A flying jelly who inflicts agonizing pain.
- Encounter: Booze Hound (1/30/16) – A mostly friendly, but potentially intoxicating foe.
- GURPS Character Sheet: Version 4.3 (1/30/16) – New version of the popular free character sheet program.
- Cross-Post: Create, Don’t Convert (1/30/16) – My rambling take on some good advice.
- Encounter: Dust Bunny (1/29/16) – A weak enemy that loves traps and making people cough and sneeze.
Code by Clockwork (Jeff Demers)
No School Grognard (Mark Langsdorf)
- Castle of Horrors Session 17 (2/04/16) : The PCs hunt down the vampire and engage it in a confused melee when they are attacked in turn by the crazy axeman!
- Castle of Horors Session 16 (1/29/16) The PCs meet the gnomes on the 3rd floor again and discover they’re bound to a vampire! The vampire attacks and is forced to flee, but the PCs still need to find the lair and finish it off.
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
- Magical Style: Caducean Secrets (2/04/16)
- New Spells: Illusions (2/03/16)
- Bestiary: Bullette (2/02/16)
- Magical Contamination (2/01/16)
- Word of Stunning (2/01/16)
- Random Disadvantage Table (1/31/16)
- Houserule: Energy cost multipliers (1/29/16)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- DFT2: Epic Treasures is out (2/04/16)
- Revised GURPS Magic: the Charm trio (2/04/16)
- Idle thoughts on monster reaction rolls in GURPS DF (2/03/16)
- DF Felltower Upkeep Costs (1/31/16)
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- Pyramid 86: Organizations (2/04/16)
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary Jan 28, 2016 – Feb 4, 2016 (2/04/16) – The GURPSDay post list and summaries for the week of Jan 28 through Feb 4.
- Quick and Dirty Guns Combat (2/04/16) – The rules in GURPS for guns combat stack modifiers more than nearly everything else in the game. It’s possible to speed things up by simplifying things into broad categories, and the post provides worked examples.
- Aeon S1E4: Breakfast at Epiphanies (2/02/16) – The team takes a trip into Groundhog Day. A figure important to both our past and future is caught in a time loop – but we don’t know that yet. Or do we?
- Reloading Press: .40 S&W (2/01/16) – The Reloading Press weekly feature writes up the .40S&W pistol cartridge.
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
5 Stone Games (5 Stone Games)
One Yard Hex (Paul Stefko)
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
- Scrounging and Searching (2/03/16)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- Prohibition Mob: “Even if everyone else was deeply confused, I appreciated the Agency 17 appearance.” (2/04/16)
- Prohibition Mob: The Players go to DC, Get Backstabbed (1/30/16) – Mistreating your contacts leads to them screwing you over.
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 1 (2/04/16) – The return to our old GURPS Palladium fantasy campaign after quite some time away. The companions meet an old friend and battle some demons!
- Grand Duchy 75 (2/03/16) – The Grey Company deals with hazards from above and below. The rain continues falling and they find a giant, angry lizard in a gorge!
Game Geekery (Warren “Mook” Wilson)
- GURPS Monsters and Foes (2/04/16)
RPG Jutsu (Merlin Avery)
- Death – How to Deal With Immortal PCs (2/04/16)
- Future Jutsu – Coming Soon to a Site Near You (2/04/16)
- Cinematic Reality – Armor of the Big Screen (2/03/16)
- Rules Lawyer – GMs are Self Destructive (2/02/16)
- Radiation – The Math of Rads (2/01/16)
- Hexcrawl – Getting There is Half the Fun (1/29/16)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Psi-Wars — Adjusting the Templates (2/03/16)
Celti’s Chatter (Patrick Burroughs)
- Holistic Technology (1/29/16) – In which the author takes cyber-physical systems in Altered States to extremes.