Thursday is GURPSDay, and below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week, as of 400pmCST today, there have been 49 GURPS-Related posts from our list of 58 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen. That’s better! Plus, we picked up two new blogs!
The big news this week is that GURPS Mars Attacks! and the Discworld RPG are both GURPS Hardbacks, and both got out of the doldrums and got sent to the printer – possibly spurred on by an ICv2 report showing that tabletop RPGs grew by 40% this year. I blame GURPSDay entirely for this trend. All of it. Booyah. (Kidding.)
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Further Up the Spire (Archon Shiva)
- Interlude: Seeds of Filth (7/29/16) – A slightly silly interlude of players old and new turning the tables and playing ratfolk.
- Dungeon Sorcery Part 1 (8/01/16)
PK’s Game Recaps and Tidbits (PK Levine)
- Madness Dossier: Week 19 (7/31/16) – With help from out of town, the remaining agents track down and rescue their kidnapped teammates, but their surprisingly well-trained foes manage to escape.
Panhumanity’s Edge (Christain Blouin)
- The secret life of sapiens AIs (8/01/16)
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- Ballparking Fatigue Costs (8/02/16) – Fatigue is the odd stat out in GURPS. This post will present a rules-light way to ballpark fatigue costs so GMs can easily incorporate fatigue into their campaigns.
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Designer’s Notes: Above the Law (8/04/16)
- GURPS101: Powers Negation and Mimicry (8/03/16)
- The Hurt Locker: Spoiled and Rurnt (7/29/16)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Penalty for Cumulative Feints on the Same Target (8/04/16)
- Megadungeons, DF, and 250-point plus PCs (8/03/16)
- Chiyonofuji and GURPS Martial Arts (8/02/16)
- What kind of low-point DF support? (7/31/16)
Improvised Radio Theatre – With Dice (RogerBW)
- God Says No Backsies (8/01/16)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (7/29/16)
Chain Link and Concrete (M. Eversberg II)
- GURPSHammer: Vagir’s Campaign Session 5 (8/05/16)
- GURPSHammer: Vagir’s Campaign Session 4 (8/04/16)
- GURPSHammer: Vagir’s Campaign Session 3 (8/03/16)
- GURPSHammer: Vagir’s Campaign Session 2 (8/02/16)
- GURPSHammer: Vagir’s Campaign Session 1 (8/01/16)
- GURPSHammer 0: Campaign Basis and Concepts (7/31/16)
- Thinking on Dungeon Fantasy Games (7/29/16)
Orbital Vagaries (Christian Blouin)
- IW 9 – Diffuse danger (7/30/16)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 9 (8/04/16) – The Guardians and Lavinia go to see the Harbormaster then visit Castle Teraknian and the Vanderboren family vault. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
Code by Clockwork (Jeff Demers)
- Gencon – Meeting Steve Jackson (8/04/16)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- New Template: Psi-Hunter (8/03/16) – an Anti-Psi focused template
- New Template: the Mystic (8/02/16) – A template with a focus on Psionic Powers and Communion, including lenses for the Priest, the Occultist, the Disciple and the Inquisitor
- Psionic Powersets (8/02/16) – Psionic and Communion power packages, including specific psionic powers worth less than 30 points
- Psionic Character Considerations (7/31/16) – Character design considerations that came out of Communion and the rules for Psionics in Psi-Wars
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- PCs as Ship Crew, Part Two (8/04/16) – A follow up to the recently popular post on establishing your game so that the PCs are the crew of a ship, whether on sea, across the aether, or in space.
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
- High-Tech: The Mummy (8/02/16)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary July 29 – Aug 4, 2016 (8/04/16)
- Aeon Campaign S3E4 – Ambush in the Jungle (8/02/16) – Aeon Campaign S3E4. We begin the mission to apprehend The Engineer. We immediately get “ambushed” by a bunch of incompetents and one meta, who has a most unfortunate end. This was basically us vs. a bunch of mooks, and it is as one-sided as one would expect.
- Welcome news for GURPS hardbacks (8/01/16) – GURPS Mars Attacks and The Discworld RPG are at the printers! Good news for GURPS hardback releases.
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
Castalia House (Varies)
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
- Blood & Treasure 2e is out! (8/04/16)
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
- Not Every Pirate Can Sing A Shanty (7/29/16)
Worlds Beyond Earth (Derrick White)
Dice and Lives (Joel Sammallahti)
- Sleepless Nights: The Vampirism Power (8/02/16) – Vampirism power, including over 20 leveled abilities for vampires.
- How I Play: Dice and Decisions (8/01/16) – On rolling dice, even when it’s not strictly necessary.
- Sleepless Nights: Optional traits for vampires (7/30/16) – Additional advantages and disadvantages for vampires, including special problems resulting from missed meals.
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (8/04/16)
- Boardroom and Curia: The Order of the Fly (8/04/16) – Today, I putz around with Boardroom and Curia to try to stat out a TL 4 elite military force from hell.
- Treasure: Bombardment Bow (8/04/16) – I eat my own dogfood to make a bow that can shoot overhead.
- Treasure: Berserker Armor (8/02/16) – Stats for a poorly understood version of an armor inspired by the Berserk manga.
- Review: Thaumatology – Magical Styles (8/01/16) – A fun way to dress up magic if you find the basic system doesn’t have enough flavor, or find that your players are drowning in options.
- Review: GURPS Magic (7/31/16) – Essential if you use the GURPS Magic System.
- Session Capture: Bad Company Session 6, A Rough Path is Traversed; A Difficult Battle is Fought (7/31/16) – A couple goblins do a lot of damage.
- Review: Pyramid #3/04 – Magic on the Battlefield (7/30/16) – If you have Imbuements, this issue is practically fundamental. If you have Mass Combat or Magical Styles, the content there is solid but not absolutely essential. If you need world building advice for large scale magic influenced war, this is something to consider looking at..
- Powers: Developing Advantage Based Abilities (7/29/16) – A look at the ways we can slash the prices on expensive abilities to learn them piece by piece.