It’s another GURPSDay, and here’s the last few weeks of posts! My 8th Kickstarter, Norðvorn Sagas, launched on September 10, and funded on the 17th! We are now at 125% funding with more than three weeks to go. Given the trajectory of Kickstarters, we’re estimated by BackerTracker to hit over $30,000, well past the highest stretch goal. With help, we may even do better. This was helped a whole lot by a surprise addition.
The Hand of Asgard presents additional options and guidelines presented for Clerics who choose to devote themselves to the worship of just one instead of the pantheon as a whole. Also included are more than twenty new Holy Might abilities available for Asgardian Clerics and Holy Warriors to bring the word . . . or the sword . . . to those that need it. The book is 16 pages long, in 8×10 format. It is available as an add-on to a pledge level, rather than as part of an existing pledge.
In any case, we’re here for GURPSDay, so scroll all the way down (the random order is, well, random). Catch up and get some repeat views and if you missed some. They’re in reverse chronological order, so if you’re up-to-date, just skim off the top!
News for Gaming Ballistic:
- The proof of Dungeon Grappling to finally finish all the physical rewards for Citadel at Nordvorn came in brilliantly (if months late). I got 100 of them printed, and the’re on the way to me (PubGraphics expedited the printing). They should be in the mail Tuesday. Finally.
- I ordered all physical goods for Four Perilous Journeys except for the international card decks and counter tiles. Still working on CE Mark issues; need to chat with folks. Might have found a better option for the cards, but not the cardboard chits.
- All five files for Four Perilous Journeys were accepted and the books will be ready to ship by October 4! 100 of each book will go to the UK for international distribution, and the balance come to the USA.
- I announced the approval of the Nordlond Enemies Book (tentatively titled Norðlondr Óvinabókin) as my next approved Dungeon Fantasy RPG project. I’ve actually got an idea for a companion book that should be a very tasty treat.
GURPSDay is in its sixth – GURPSDay started in February 2013, a year after I started Gaming Ballistic. Things have slowed down a bit, and I’ll be considering how to revitalize this weekly activity. I’d like to see an average of 100 posts here per week – one per blog, ish – so we’ll see what we can do to get creative juiced flowing.If you just started a GURPS blog – and I know that some of you have – email me and get on the list! With the advent of the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, Powered by GURPS, there’s even more reason to write.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- Steingarður (stone yard) – A Sample Village from Citadel at Norðvörn (9/19/19)
- Announcing: “The Hand of Asgard” for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG (9/18/19)
- REBLOG: A Conditional Injury Deep Dive (Mailanka’s Musings) (9/13/19)
- GURPSDay! Aug 23 to Sept 12, 2019 (9/12/19)
- The Nordlond Setting keeps growing (9/12/19)
- Nordlond Sagas: Strong Launch (9/10/19)
- Coming Next Week: Nordlond Sagas (9/08/19)
- GURPSDay! Aug 16 to Sept 5, 2019 (9/05/19)
- DFRPG Kickstarter: Magic Items 2 (9/05/19)
- GURPSDay! Aug 9 to Aug 31, 2019 (8/31/19)
- That’s a lot of RPGs on the list (8/31/19)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (9/13/19)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (9/06/19)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (8/30/19)
UbiquitousRat.net (Che Webster)
- Making Artefact Cards (9/08/19)
GURPS Mega Dungeon (John Morrison)
Dungeons on Automatic (Kyle Norton)
- Token Tuesday: as-Sharak (9/11/19)
DF Whiterock (dripton)
- DF Whiterock Session 64: Dawn (9/15/19)
- DF Whiterock Session 63: Through the Portal (9/10/19)
- DF Whiterock Session 62: Riders of the Purple Worms (9/05/19)
Noh RPG Group (binn05)
Frak Frel and Other F Words (Rigil Kent)
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.13 (9/19/19) – Rambling in an attempt to flesh out the GURPS Action game I will run in Fantasy Grounds on 9/21/2019. No stats abused.
- GM Commentary: ConsOps, 2.12 (9/16/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Grounds on 9/14/2019 which once again turned into a long firefight, despite my best intentions. No stats harmed but link to the YouTube recording. Reflections on what went right and what went wrong.
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.12 (9/12/19) – Rambling in an attempt to flesh out the GURPS Action game I will run in Fantasy Grounds on 9/14/2019. No stats abused and this is far more stream of consciousness than I would like, especially considering how quickly Saturday is looming…
- GM Commentary: ConsOps, 2.11 (9/09/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Grounds on 9/7/2019 which was essentially one long firefight. No stats harmed but link to the YouTube recording. Reflections on what went right and what went wrong.
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.11, Part 1 (8/31/19) Attempting to flesh out the GURPS Action game I will run in Fantasy Grounds on 9/7/2019. No stats abused and this is far more stream of consciousness than I would like…
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- My Players, and Working with them (9/20/19)
- Observations on GMing Mistakes and Momentum of Play (9/12/19)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Doug’s Kickstarter Update (9/19/19)
- GURPS DF Session 121, Felltower 93 – Forest Gate II (9/16/19)
- Felltower 93 pre-summary (9/16/19)
- To use Conditional Injury or Not? A Review Helps. (9/14/19)
- DFRPG Monsters 2 arrived (9/12/19)
- Nobody plays the game I play, say the internet (9/11/19)
- Douglas Cole’s new DFRPG Support (9/10/19)
- The Inexpensive Missile Spells of Felltower (9/09/19)
- Critical Hits & Failures on Hitting the Wrong Target (9/06/19)
- Crogar the Cursed (9/04/19)
- Custom minis from Felltower 92 (9/03/19)
- GURPS DF Session 120, Felltower 92 – Entering the Forest Gate (9/02/19)
- DFRPG Magic Items 2 Kickstarter is up (9/02/19)
- Felltower pre-summary (9/02/19)
- Random Links for Friday 8/30 (8/31/19)
- Frequency of Maneuvers in my GURPS games (8/30/19)
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- GURPS Monster Hunters Power-Ups 1, Christopher R. Rice (9/18/19)
- GURPS Powers: Totems and Nature Spirits, Rory Fansler (9/09/19)
- Announcing The Path of Cunning (9/05/19)
- Review of GURPS Sorcery: Sound Spells (9/20/19)
- Mantles, Supernatural Titles (9/18/19)
- Vanity/Status Post (9/12/19)
- The Cunning Path, a fanzine for GURPS (9/05/19)
- It Should Have Been Obvious… (9/04/19)
- Dwarven Federation Martial Style – Stones Breath (9/01/19)
- GURPS Prime Directive (9/01/19)
- Dwarven Federation Martial Styles – Thunder and Lightning (8/31/19)
- Dwarven Federation Martial Style – Silver Guard (8/31/19)
- Dwarven Federation Martial Styles – Granite Guard (8/31/19)
- Commonwealth Martial Style – The Watch (8/31/19)
- Commonwealth Martial Style – Three Swords School (8/30/19)
- Leapers Martial Style – Flying Sticks (8/30/19)
- Commonwealth Martial Style – The Flynn School (8/30/19)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Boil and Bubble: The Path of Blades (9/20/19)
- Dungeon Fantasy Aersalus – B-Team – Session 13 (9/16/19)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: Learning From Your Mistakes (9/12/19)
- Carpe Blogiem: AEON Primer – Setting History I (9/11/19)
- Carpe Blogeim: AEON Primer – Setting Assumptions (9/07/19)
- The Hurt Locker: Totem Blade (9/06/19)
- Boil and Bubble: Lunar Ritual Path Magic (9/05/19)
- GURPS101: More Psychokinesis Powers for Psionic Powers II (9/05/19)
- The Hurt Locker: Potion of Rejuvenation (9/05/19)
- The Hurt Locker: Lucky Bracelet (9/04/19)
Improvised Radio Theatre – With Dice (RogerBW)
- Uninfected Curates (9/01/19)
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
- Scuttle [GURPS 4e] (9/20/19)
- GURPS In Nomine Revisited: Swedenborg-1 (9/05/19)
- Infinity Thumbnails Revisited: Maxmilian [Quantum 7] (8/31/19)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- GURPS for One-Shots (9/10/19) – A road map of what I’m hoping the GURPS For One-Shots series of posts will ultimately cover.
- Gateway 2019, Post-Con Wrap Up (9/08/19) – Had another rollicking good romp through the multidimensional city streets of Locus at the Gateway 2019 convention, and we even made the PCs at the table instead of using pre-gens.
Olympus RPG Group (The Olympus RPG Group)
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E12 (9/17/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The team conducts an interrogation that gets interrupted by a surprise enemy and local feds.
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E11 (9/10/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The team hits an arms deal in the Presidential Suite of the Burj Al-Arab. They kill some guys, make a new friend, shoot an old enemy, and make off with some intel.
Above the Flatline (Timothy Ponce)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- The Mithanna, the Ranathim Peerage (9/19/19)
- The Lithian Aristocracy (9/19/19)
- Redjack Nomad-Class Light Modular Corvette (9/18/19)
- The Redjack Wildcat-Class Modular Heavy Fighter (9/17/19)
- The Redjack Drifter-Class Light Modular Racer (9/16/19)
- Psi-Wars Lightning Round: the Rage of Mages (9/13/19)
- A Conditional Injury Deep Dive (9/12/19)
- The Redjack Grappler-Class Assault Boat (9/11/19)
- The Redjack Razer-Class Mining Engine (9/10/19)
- The Redjack Roughneck-Class Mobile Defense Platform (9/09/19)
- Collated Rules: The Psionic Powers of Psi-Wars (9/05/19)
- The Redjack Wolfhound-Class Light Assault Vehicle (9/04/19)
- The Redjack Switchback-Class Utility Hyanide (9/03/19)
- Redjack Military Doctrine (9/02/19)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Psionics: Additional Anti-Psi Abilities (9/19/19)
- Monster: Giant Praying Mantis (9/15/19)
- Monsters: Giant Beetles (9/14/19)
- Monsters: Giant Ants (9/13/19)
- Monsters: Yuan-Ti (9/12/19)
- Monster: Yrthak (9/11/19)
- Monster: Yeth Hound (9/10/19)
- Monster: Xorn (9/09/19)
- Monster: Xill (9/08/19)
- Monsters: Wraiths (9/07/19)
- Monsters: Zombies (9/06/19)
- Monster: Winter Wolf (9/05/19)
- Monster: Worg (9/04/19)
- Monster: Will-o’-wisp (9/03/19)
- Monster: Wight (9/02/19)
- Monster: Vargouille (9/01/19)
- Lens/Monsters: Vampires (8/31/19)
- Monsters: Unicorns (8/30/19)
Octopus Carnival (Ubiratan Pires Alberton)