It’s another GURPSDay, and here’s the last few weeks of posts! Scroll all the way down (the random order is, well, random). Catch up and get some repeat views and if you missed some. They’re in reverse chronological order, so if you’re up-to-date, just skim off the top!
News for Gaming Ballistic:
- The Nordlond Sagas kickstarter funded, but is having one of the worst cases of the doldrums I’ve yet experienced. About $100 per day for the last 16 days. Fortunately, there are well over 400 folks following but not yet pledged, so there’s a lot of opportunity to hit the $29K stretch goal, and that’s between 145-150 pledges, so there’s still a good shot at that goal. The authors’ manuscripts are starting to come in in more-final form, and those extra pages are going to be needed!
- The swords and shields from Nordvorn were completed and shipped, save for one where the backer asked me to wait since he won’t be in town. No problem there.
- The card decks for Four Perilous Journeys have all arrived at the distributors. The die-cut counters shipped out to the UK last night, should arrive in a week or so. The printing of 4PJ was schedule to complete today, but with time differences to Latvia by the time I am at a computer, they’re gone for the evening. And it’s a weekend. I suspect we’ll be ready to parse up the shipment and get it going on Monday.
News for SJG
- All GURPS PDFs published before 2019 are 33% off until, well, today: October 4. Last chance, folks!
GURPSDay is in its sixth – GURPSDay started in February 2013, a year after I started Gaming Ballistic. Things have slowed down a bit, and I’ll be considering how to revitalize this weekly activity. I’d like to see an average of 100 posts here per week – one per blog, ish – so we’ll see what we can do to get creative juiced flowing.If you just started a GURPS blog – and I know that some of you have – email me and get on the list! With the advent of the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, Powered by GURPS, there’s even more reason to write.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- Daily Illuminator; Map; Editing; Funding; Nordlond and Ytarria? (10/01/19)
- Monotheism and Competing Divinities in Norðlond (9/27/19)
- GURPSDay! Sept 5 to Sept 27, 2019 (9/27/19)
- Norðlond Sagas Update: Layout, Art, Maps, and more (9/23/19)
- GURPSDay! Aug 30 to Sept 19, 2019 (9/20/19)
- Steingarður (stone yard) – A Sample Village from Citadel at Norðvörn (9/19/19)
- Announcing: “The Hand of Asgard” for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG (9/18/19)
- REBLOG: A Conditional Injury Deep Dive (Mailanka’s Musings) (9/13/19)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (10/04/19)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (9/27/19)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (9/20/19)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (9/13/19)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- My Players, and Working with them (9/20/19)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Carpe Blogiem: Author, Patreon, and Blog Highlights – September 2019 (10/04/19)
- Carpe Blogiem: How I Do Game Prep (10/03/19)
- Dungeon Fantasy Aersalus – C-Team – Session 15 (10/01/19)
- Carpe Blogiem: Looking for New Players (9/24/19)
- Boil and Bubble: The Path of Blades (9/20/19)
- Dungeon Fantasy Aersalus – B-Team – Session 13 (9/16/19)
DF Whiterock (dripton)
- DF Whiterock Session 65: Dead Unicorns (9/27/19)
- Gimping Great Haste (9/20/19)
- DF Whiterock Session 64: Dawn (9/15/19)
Frak Frel and Other F Words (Rigil Kent)
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.15 (10/03/19) – Prep for the GURPS Action game I’m running in Fantasy Ground on 10/5/2019. No stats abused but some in-game mechanics discussed and links to useful stuffs.
- GM Commentary: ConsOps, 2.14 (10/01/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Grounds on 9/28/2019 which consisted of some RP and then a later HTH fight that lasted longer than I expected. No stats harmed but link to the YouTube recording. Reflections on what went right and what went wrong.
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.14 (9/26/19) – Prep for the GURPS Action game I’m running in Fantasy Ground on 9/28/2019. No stats abused but some in-game mechanics discussed and links to useful stuffs. Less stream of consciousness than normal and more actual game preparation.
- GM Commentary: ConsOps, 2.13 (9/23/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Grounds on 9/21/2019 which was a car chase that lasted a little longer than expected, then a bit of roleplay at the end. No stats harmed but link to the YouTube recording. Reflections on what went right and what went wrong.
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.13 (9/19/19) – Rambling in an attempt to flesh out the GURPS Action game I will run in Fantasy Grounds on 9/21/2019. No stats abused.
- GM Commentary: ConsOps, 2.12 (9/16/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Grounds on 9/14/2019 which once again turned into a long firefight, despite my best intentions. No stats harmed but link to the YouTube recording. Reflections on what went right and what went wrong.
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Wiki Showcase: Aristocratic Lens – The Mithanna (10/04/19)
- Wiki Showcase: Aristocratic Lens – Maradonian Noble (10/03/19)
- Wiki Showcase: the Aristocratic Background Lens – The Imperial Heir (10/02/19)
- State of the Blog: The October Roadmap (10/01/19)
- Wiki Showcase: Aristocratic Background Lens – Corporate Heirs (10/01/19)
- Patreon Special: the Lost Book of Houses (9/30/19)
- Background Lens Revisited: Aristocracy (9/30/19)
- Shinjurai Royalty (9/26/19)
- Redjack Kodiak-Class Light Cruiser (9/25/19)
- Redjack Raider-Class Light Assault Carrier (9/24/19)
- Redjack Tiger Shark-Class Attack Frigate (9/23/19)
- Patreon Post: October General Topics (9/23/19)
- Redjack Wrangler-Class Logistical Corvette (9/23/19)
- The Mithanna, the Ranathim Peerage (9/19/19)
- The Lithian Aristocracy (9/19/19)
- Redjack Nomad-Class Light Modular Corvette (9/18/19)
- The Redjack Wildcat-Class Modular Heavy Fighter (9/17/19)
- The Redjack Drifter-Class Light Modular Racer (9/16/19)
- Psi-Wars Lightning Round: the Rage of Mages (9/13/19)
- Chalice World Magic (9/26/19)
- The FP Economy (9/22/19)
- Crystal Kingdom: National Magic (9/21/19)
- GURPS Review: Pyramid Dungeon Collection (9/20/19)
- Review of GURPS Sorcery: Sound Spells (9/20/19)
- Mantles, Supernatural Titles (9/18/19)
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- GURPS Social Engineering: Keeping in Contact, Kelly Pedersen (9/24/19)
- GURPS Monster Hunters Power-Ups 1, Christopher R. Rice (9/18/19)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Monsters in Karilan, Part I (A – D) (9/30/19)
- Sorcery: Sound Spells V (9/23/19)
- Psionics: Additional Anti-Psi Abilities (9/19/19)
- Monster: Giant Praying Mantis (9/15/19)
- Monsters: Giant Beetles (9/14/19)
- Monsters: Giant Ants (9/13/19)
Noh RPG Group (binn05)
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
- Scuttle [GURPS 4e] (9/20/19)
Dice and Discourse (Joseph Mason)
- “Level 1” Adventurers (10/02/19)
Olympus RPG Group (The Olympus RPG Group)
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E14 (10/02/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The team enters the Ta’izz quarantine zone in search of the source of the plague.
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E13 (9/24/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The team is involved in a high-speed chase through Dubai, relocate to the plague-stricken town in Yemen, and reconnect with a (sorta) team member.
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E12 (9/17/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The team conducts an interrogation that gets interrupted by a surprise enemy and local feds.
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Boulderkin or Rock Mites? (10/04/19)
- More hints for Felltower Sunday (10/03/19)
- Felltower & Technology (9/29/19)
- Equipment in GURPS (and in D&D) (9/29/19)
- GURPS Sale (9/26/19)
- Arrow Quality (9/24/19)
- Limited Great Haste (9/21/19)
- Doug’s Kickstarter Update (9/19/19)
- GURPS DF Session 121, Felltower 93 – Forest Gate II (9/16/19)
- Felltower 93 pre-summary (9/16/19)
- To use Conditional Injury or Not? A Review Helps. (9/14/19)
Above the Flatline (Timothy Ponce)
- Progress Was Made (9/15/19)
GURPS Mega Dungeon (John Morrison)