Thursday is GURPSDay, and below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week, as of the end of the day on Thursday Central Time, there have been 50 GURPS-Related posts from our list of 61 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen. We picked up a new/old blog – RPG Snob – who has done a lot of good GURPS work before, and is doing more again.
We’re back up to the rate that was our old usual total this week – on the average we should be seeing about one post per week per blog. We’re still off that pace, but summer must be ending.
We saw the release of GURPS Adaptations last week too.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
RPG Snob (Jason Packer)
- GURPS: Perception (8/12/16)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (8/12/16)
Worlds Beyond Earth (Derrick White)
- What is my TL anyways? (8/17/16)
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
- Tactical Shooting: Predator (8/16/16)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Editing GURPS Traveller: Alien Races 4 (8/18/16)
- Required Reading for Game – Why I need to do it (8/17/16)
- Required Reading for Game? (8/16/16)
- What non-combat skills do they bring to the DF table? (Swashbuckler, Martial Artist) (8/15/16)
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
PK’s Game Recaps and Tidbits (PK Levine)
- After the End: Week 18 (8/16/16) – The team learns (the hard way!) that the hidden underground corridor is protected by nanoburn-armed drones. But quick thinking, fast reflexes, and a bit of technical know-how keep them alive — for now.
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- More Thoughts on Hell on Wheels (8/18/16) – My next convention game, Hell on Wheels, is slowly shaping up! I also offer some thoughts on balancing characters by spotlight time instead of by point totals.
- Hell on Wheels (for Gateway 2016) (8/12/16) – After falling asleep and missing yesterday’s GURPSDay deadline, today I look at my brainstorming process for deciding on a new game to run at the Gateway 2016 convention in a few weeks.
Chain Link and Concrete (M. Eversberg II)
- GURPSHammer: Wrap-Up and More Things (8/15/16)
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- GURPS Magic: Death Spells, Sean Punch (8/15/16)
Cursed -75 Points (BowToChris)
- Session 1: House Special (8/18/16)
PSI Force begins! We are psychic investigators…(8/14/16)
- Project VERITAS (8/14/16)
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
- Lovecraftian Art Show (8/16/16)
Orbital Vagaries (Christian Blouin)
- IW 10 – Orbital decay (8/12/16)
Dice and Lives (Joel Sammallahti)
- Sleepless Nights: Vampire Killing Martial Arts Style (8/18/16) – A martial art style for killing vampires. Includes two new techniques, one of them banned – banned by Kromm! For Sleepless Nights.
- Gonzostan: Initial Plans (8/17/16)
- Alternative Alchemy for Gurps (Part 2 of 2) (8/16/16) – A homebrew subsystem for Gurps: what you need to know to play an alchemist.
- Alternative Alchemy for Gurps (Part 1 of 2) (8/15/16) – A homebrew subsystem for Gurps: turning advantages into alchemical concoctions.
GURB- The Generic Universal Roleplaying Blog (The_RyujinLP)
- Brand Loyalty (8/18/16) – Board using the same gear every game? Players want a little more excitement when they want their characters buy new stuff? Might be time you all developed a little… Brand Loyalty!
- Plasma Guns, Re-Energized!, Addendum! (8/16/16) – And Addendum to my last post, Plasma Guns, Re-Energized!. This covers some new options, a few that were cut and one that I forgot to add.
The Phantom’s Belch (Ted Brock)
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- Power-Ups 7: Wildcard Skills Review (8/16/16) – This review of GURPS Power-Ups 7: Wildcard Skills looks at how GMs can balance wildcards in their games, as well as how players can find ideas for wildcard skills to use with their characters.
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
No School Grognard (Mark Langsdorf)
- Nu World Session 7 (8/17/16)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Martial Arts Breakdown: Star Wars: the Old Republic (8/17/16)
- Martial Arts Breakdown: Darth Maul vs Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn (8/17/16)
- Martial Arts Breakdown: Luke vs Darth Vader in the Empire Strikes Back (8/16/16)
- Breaking Down Martial Arts (8/14/16)
- Aeon Team D: Building the White Son (with bonus playlist) (8/12/16)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary Aug 12 – Aug 18, 2016 (8/18/16)
- Locked blades in GURPS (8/16/16) – A post by Daniel Dover at Mailanka’s Musings has me thinking about lightsabers. S[ecifically, how to represent all that blade-binding you see in the movies.
- Aeon Campaign S3E5 – The wrong damn rec room (8/16/16) – In S2E5 of the Aeon campaign, we start out with a good plan. We attack the base. The plan goes pear-shaped. And there’s ED209 with very effective machine guns. And a crystal skull. Man down, Ethan. Man down.
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (8/18/16)
- Campaign Preparation: Smoke on the Water – Big Man (8/18/16) – A 95 point template for a “Big Man.” I am a little disappointed by how inflexible it turned out, but it does the job it needs to do.
- Campaign Preparation: Smoke on the Water – Artisan (8/17/16) – 60 points to become a craftsperson capable of creating all sorts of things.
- Campaign Preparation: Smoke on the Water – Shaman/Witch (8/16/16) – The first of four main templates for a very low-tech campaign. I am surprised to be able to afford so many VH path skills at a high level for so few points.
- Review: Pyramid #3/66 The Laws of Magic (8/15/16) – Definite buy for RPM fans, Maybe for Dungeon Fantasy fans.
- Review: Adaptations (8/14/16) – I am carefully considering the canonization of this book as the third member of the holy triumvirate of books needed to run a GURPS game beside Basic Set – Campaigns and How to be a GURPS GM.
- Racial Template: Shapeshifter (8/13/16) – Surprised this was as cheap as it was.
- Review: Thaumatology – Ritual Path Magic (8/12/16) – Even though I think the book has a few critical issues, this is one of my favorite magic systems.