Welcome to the second year of GURPSDay, and this is the first GURPSDay post of 2017. Let’s make this a great year.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple.
Below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days. 47 so far as we start the year with our list of 73 blogs.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Path of Houserules (Sciencezam)
- GURPS year in review (12/31/16)
Chain Link and Concrete (M. Eversberg II)
- Chain Link and Concrete: 2016 in Review (1/01/17)
Octopus Carnival (Ubiratan Pires Alberton)
- Dragon’s Dogma Bestiary: Harpies (1/06/17)
- Pathfinder Iconics in Dungeon Fantasy: Ezren (1/04/17)
- GURPS X-COM: Noises in the Dark (a campaign post-mortem) (1/03/17)
- Octopus Carnival: 2016 in Review (12/31/16)
- Pathfinder Iconics in Dungeon Fantasy: Merisiel (12/30/16)
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
- GURPS Infinite Worlds: Titanic-1. (1/06/17)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 19 (1/05/17) – Seeker and Silver swim for their lives and find who they are looking for. The group then has to figure out another way back to the surface. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Grand Duchy 94 (1/05/17) – The Grey Company discusses how to appropriately deal with a spider’s nest. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
- Tactical Shooting: The Way of the Gun (1/05/17)
One Yard Hex (Paul Stefko)
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- Discworld Roleplaying Game Review (1/05/17) – The Discworld Roleplaying Game, powered by GURPS, promises adventures inspired by one of the great storytellers of the last century. Discworld fans and GURPS players alike have lots of appreciate in this work from Pratchett and Phil Masters.
- Balancing GURPS Combat: Odds to Hit (1/03/17) – One of the keys to being a confident GURPS GM is to understand how to create combat encounters that are balanced to the party’s abilities. This post will look at a critical element of combat balance: how likely each side is to land blows.
Fragments of the Last War (Bryan Timms)
- Its Hour Come Round at Last 15 (1/02/17)
Hard Maths (CTA)
- Dramatis Personae: Monica Harmann, Street Speedster (1/05/17) – An ordinary college student at NYU with no distinguishing features… except she can run as fast as a car.
- Equipment Locker: Prismatic Muskets (1/02/17) – An expansion to my previous post on redpowder, with more detailed equipment, rules and options.
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Magic: Divine Domains, Part 2 (1/05/17)
- Magic: Divine Domains, Part 1 (1/04/17)
- Sorcery: Earth Transmutation (1/03/17)
- Sorcery: Strike Spells (1/02/17)
- Sorcery: Perception Debuffs (1/01/17)
- Sorcery: Perception Buffs (12/31/16)
- Monster: White Dragon (12/30/16)
Further Up the Spire (Archon Shiva)
- Session: Ras’ku-ten (1/05/17) – Assault on the spell-less lich’s sanctum.
- Automated Potions (1/03/17) – Simple rules for stocking potion catalogs on the fly
- Campaign Social Contract (1/01/17) – Filling out Pseudonym’s fundamentals.
Improvised Radio Theatre – With Dice (RogerBW)
- The Wish-Fulfilment Oyster (1/01/17)
Game Geekery (Warren “Mook” Wilson)
- Streamlined Spell Casting (1/05/17) – A very simple and freeform magic system for powerful spell casters with unpredictable results!
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
- Living Bullet (1/06/17)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Blogging, One Year On (1/04/17) – now with Patreon, if you’re interested in supporting me
Armin’s GCA 5 Blog (Armin Sykes)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Our Random, Easily Overlooked GURPS Rules and Rulings (1/05/17)
- Why so many monsters? (1/02/17)
- Felltower in 11 Numbers – 2017 New Year Edition (1/01/17)
- Year in Gaming 2016 (12/31/16)
- GURPS Ultra-Tech from Createspace (12/30/16)
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
- 2016 in Review, from my own perspective. (What a Year!) (1/03/17)
- GURPS in 2016 – What the hell was THAT?!!? (12/30/16)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (1/05/17)
- Recap: Silly Romperoo, Season 1 Episode 8 (1/05/17) – Respite and detours.
- Recap: Silly Romperoo, Season 1 Episode 7 (1/03/17) – A slow, high tension battle is finally over.
- Recap: Silly Romperoo, Season 1 Episode 6 (12/31/16) – Fighting slimes really slowly.
- Recap: Silly Romperoo, Season 1 Episode 5 (12/30/16) – Party in a dark stinky pit versus Infravision Archers.
The Fossilized GURPS Blog (Fossilized Rappy)
- Nations of Fallen Stars: The Atlantic American States (1/05/17)
- Hidden Worlds and Buried Secrets: The Ways of Magic (1/03/17)
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
- Game log for New Years Day 2017: Rats! (1/03/17)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary Dec 30 – Jan 5, 2017 (1/05/17)