Welcome to the second year of GURPSDay, and things are afoot.
Mark Zeman is helping clean up and rewrite the script to be more robust. It’s not there yet, but that is probably an issue on my end. Nonetheless, we added a new blog, which jumped over to RSS2.0 and so the current “gurps4.pl” script works well. This means we’re at 74 blogs. Only 26 more to go until we’re pulling from 100!
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days. 47 posts to round out the week from 74 blogs. The Illias.de blog “My Rolling Thoughts” is finally in the mix!
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Illias.de My Rolling Thoughts (stPete)
- A Night of Troubleshooting (1/17/17)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
Further Up the Spire (Archon Shiva)
- Session: The Stockyards (1/17/17) – Sneaking into the stockyards to vaccinate cows.
Of Paper Men and Plastic Monsters (Cole Jenkins)
- Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected (1/17/17)
No School Grognard (Mark Langsdorf)
- Mass Combat: Battle Experience and Cadres (1/15/17) : Some house rules for GURPS Mass Combat, dealing with improving the quality of your troops through battle experience and merging existing experienced units with new hires to improve their experience.
- New Dawn Session 1 (1/13/17) : In the first session of the New Dawn campaign, the PCs ambushed an orc patrol, recruited a small army, and had an overwhelming victory in their first Mass Battles combat.
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Revised GURPS Magic: Quick March (rough draft) (1/19/17)
- Review: UK3 The Gauntlet (1/18/17)
- Review: UK2 The Sentinel (1/17/17)
- “Traits for Town,” for Stericksburg (1/15/17)
- Revised GURPS Magic: Mass Zombie (1/13/17)
The Fossilized GURPS Blog (Fossilized Rappy)
One Yard Hex (Paul Stefko)
- Sergeant Anne-Marie Duscat (1/19/17)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Sorcery: Healing Spells (1/19/17)
- Sorcery: Earth Spells (1/18/17)
- Monster: Displacer Beast (1/17/17)
- Magic: Force College (1/16/17)
- Monsters: Basilisks (1/15/17)
- Magic: Time College (1/14/17)
- Magic: Poison College (1/13/17)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Grand Duchy 96 (1/19/17) – The Grey Company searches (and prays) for clues that will lead them to answers of all the problems that lay before them. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
Apocalyptic Analysis (Jake Bernstein)
- Avoiding Choice Paralysis in GURPS Campaign Planning (1/19/17) – First new post in a while! Let’s analyze avoidance of choice paralysis.
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
- Recent Acquisitions and Comissions (1/17/17)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (1/19/17)
- Recap: Silly Romperoo, Season 1 Episode 12 (1/19/17) – Lots of exploration, and a light at the end of the tunnel maybe?
- Social Contract: Silly Romperoo (1/17/17) – My online introductory Dungeon Fantasy game.
- Recap: Void Ventures – Session 1 (1/17/17) – Zombies and bugs!
- Recap: Silly Romperoo, Season 1 Episode 11 (1/13/17) – A fairly straightforward session.
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
- Creating a “Guide” NPC for my new campaign (1/19/17)
- Rules I forgot last session! (1/16/17)
- New Group, New Campaign: Reflections on Session One (1/15/17)
Hard Maths (CTA)
- Equipment Locker: Lightning Guns, Galvanised (1/19/17) – A brief update of my older “lethal electrolasers” post.
- Playbook: Attribute Penalties in Different Gravity (1/15/17) – A clearer and simpler alternative to the rules for actions in different gravity than the ones offered in Basic Set.
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Creating “Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow” – Part 1 (1/19/17) – With the passing of Richard Adams on Christmas Eve, I will be running another ‘Bunnies and Burrows’ game for Orccon 2017, this one entitled “Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow.” Today’s post is Part 1 of the usual brainstorming and dissection of writing that game, for the ongoing “Adventure Creation” series.
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
GURB- The Generic Universal Roleplaying Blog (The_RyujinLP)
- PC Master Race: Upgrading your Ultra-Tech Computing Experience. (1/19/17) – Upgrading your PC’s computer can be an important part of many game settings but sadly GURPS can be a little lacking when it comes to upgrade options. Well, let’s see if we can do something to remedy this situation shall we?
- Ultra-Tech Quickie: Do You Have The Strength? (1/18/17)
- Ultra-Tech Quickie: MOAR DAKKA! (1/17/17)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Building the Diplomat and a Matter of Law (1/18/17)
- Status as Pulling Rank (1/17/17)
- Designing Organizations (1/16/17) – Including a look at the sorts of organizations you might find in a Space campaign, what sort of favors they’ll offer you, and what their ranks might look like
- Pulling Rank in Psi-Wars (1/15/17)
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
Armin’s GCA 5 Blog (Armin Sykes)