Thursday is GURPSDay, but today is a special day: the GURPS Line Editor, Sean Punch, turns 50. So happy birthday to Doctor Kromm. Several of us are going to be offering some retrospectives about why working with Sean is a true pleasure. In fact, one of the reasons I upped my ante for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG Kickstarter to “play a game with the line editor, Sean Punch/Dr. Kromm” is not because he’s “The GURPS Line Editor,” but rather because he’s Sean.
Welcome to the second year of GURPSDay, and here’s the pull for this week.
We’re currently drawing content from 89 blogs. Only 11 more to go until we’re pulling from 100! But we’ll need your help.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (7/21/17)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- GURPS in game stores (7/27/17)
- Page Updates for Felltower (7/26/17)
- Phase serpents picture (7/25/17)
- DF Felltower, Session 90, Felltower 63 – Gates & Phase Serpents (7/24/17)
- Felltower Session teaser for 7/23 (7/24/17)
- Felltower today (7/23/17)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Noble Houses as Organizations, and an Introduction (7/26/17)
- Patreon Post: Iteration 6 Spaceships Playtest 1: The Standard Scenario and Dreadnought v Dreadnought (7/26/17)
- Patreon Post: Spaceships Rewritten (7/25/17)
- Patreon Post: (Old) Dreadnought Playthrough (7/24/17)
- PC Spotlight — Zander Starlane, Aristocratic Assassin (7/21/17)
GURB- The Generic Universal Roleplaying Blog (The_RyujinLP)
- High-Tech: TL 8 Lasers (7/21/17)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Grand Duchy 106 (7/27/17) – After a grueling battle, the Grey Company finally defeats the powerful Mummy Lord and its minions. They deal with Mummy Rot and other difficulties and begin brainstorming on how to retrieve Kifein from her entombment. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- Pyramid 105: Cinematic Magic (7/25/17)
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
- Geek Fu [GURPS 4E] (7/21/17)
- Random Dungeon and cave generators! (7/24/17)
- Updated GURP Setting page (7/24/17)
- GURPS Broken Into Pieces (7/21/17)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Carpe Blogiem: All Hail The Line Editor (7/27/17)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: Building a Mystery (7/25/17)
- Designer’s Notes: Chi Sorcery (7/21/17)
Armin’s GCA 5 Blog (Armin Sykes)
- Only time for a few bits this week (7/21/17)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- In Praise of Kromm (7/26/17) – Happy Birthday, Kromm! May today see nothing but critical successes!
- GURPS: Grab and Go (7/21/17) – Grab and Go is intended to be a one-stop landing page and guide to some of my best downloads and posts about streamlining GURPS rules and sheets when learning the system for the first time.
The Phantom’s Belch (Ted Brock)
Olympus RPG Group (The Olympus RPG Group)
- GURPS: Traveller, “The New Deal” Session 3.07 (7/26/17) – Continuing our ongoing GURPS: Traveller campaign. The crew resupply on Heya where Armin and Ibrahim get into a fight. They then press on to Corfu where they are treated to an unexpected sight..
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS surges PoD into Retail Stores (7/27/17) – SJG decides to push GURPS PoD into retail stores via their distributors. The world rejoices!
- KrommDay Summary Jul 21 – Jul 27, 2017 (7/27/17)
- The Chronicles of Ceteri: Ep8 – Bloodsport (7/26/17)
- Ceteri Campaign: Double Session Report (E6 and E7) (7/25/17) – Massive session report, covering two episodes of The Ceteri campaign run by Christopher Rice. In Ep 6, we go bowling and then horrible things happen: a metaphorical gutter ball. Ep 7 features the aftermath of that event, where the team breaks every single rule ever invented in dealing with faerie folk.
- GURPSDay Summary Jul 14 – Jul 23, 2017 (7/23/17)
- Ultra-Tech Rifle: From the ground up (7/22/17) – Finally I follow up on the accumulated tech notes with respect to GURPS TL9 rifle technology. I combine a few inventions with a few standard UT capabilities to provide a few guesses at capabilities for a proper TL9 rifle that’s a tetch higher performance than those in the Ultra-Tech book proper.
Methods and Madness (Eric Diaz)
Frak Frel and Other F Words (Rigil Kent)
- Adventure Design: Traveller, “Rescue An Ally” (7/27/17) – Brainstorming for a second proposed GURPS: Traveller adventure. No stats are involved yet but there are a couple of book references.
- GURPS, Dresden Files and Ghouls (7/24/17) – These are the current stats I’m using for Ghouls for my GURPS: Monster Hunters game set in the Dresden Files universe. I use the template from GURPS: Horror but modify it.
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)