It’s well past time for a GURPSDay! The move was still disruptive, but we’re coming out the back end of it, I think. Now to sell the old house. That’ll be a load off.
But here you go. I went back three weeks this time, to catch up and get some repeat views and if you missed some.
In news for Gaming Ballistic, Citadel at Nordvorn, Hall of Judgment, and Fantastic Dungeon Grappling files were all sent to the printer. I just spent time reviewing and correcting one pesky error in Nordvorn’s image rendering (fixed), and I have a lingering doubt on image quality on Fantastic Dungeon Grappling that might be nothing, but I want to make sure.
My new venture, Four Perilous Journeys, for The Fantasy Trip is over 80% funded, but it’s in the doldrums so things are slow; plus Decks of Destiny is doing so well it’s got lots of spotlight, so there’s that.
GURPSDay is in its sixth – GURPSDay started in February 2013, a year after I started Gaming Ballistic. Things have slowed down a bit, and I’ll be considering how to revitalize this weekly activity. I’d like to see an average of 100 posts here per week – one per blog, ish – so we’ll see what we can do to get creative juiced flowing.If you just started a GURPS blog – and I know that some of you have – email me and get on the list! With the advent of the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, Powered by GURPS, there’s even more reason to write.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line. Take special note of the RSS Settings Fix if you’re on WordPress.
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- Citadel at Nordvorn: Preliminary Financial Outlook (5/15/19)
- Thursday is GURPSDay! Apr 12 to May 9, 2019 (5/10/19)
- Commissioned Art from Citadel at Nordvorn. Hire these guys. (5/01/19)
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- The Only Good Bug… Take Two! (5/02/19) – Hope to see you at Gamex 2019 in Los Angeles! I’ll be GMing a Starship Troopers game (using GURPS, of course)
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (5/17/19)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (5/10/19)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (5/03/19)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (4/26/19)
Sharrukin’s Palace (Jon F. Zeigler)
- Status Report (11 May 2019) (5/11/19)
T Bone’s GURPS Diner (T Bone)
- GURPS has three kinds of rolls (and they’re not success, reaction, and damage) (5/11/19)
- RPG reality check: Are falls deadly enough in GURPS? (4/30/19)
GURB- The Generic Universal Roleplaying Blog (The_RyujinLP)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Alliance Vehicles: Behemoth-Pattern Mobile Fortress (5/16/19)
- Alliance Vehicle: Phalanx-Pattern Orbital Artillery (5/15/19)
- Alliance Vehicle: Sanctuary-Pattern Emergency Response Vehicle (5/14/19)
- Alliance Vehicle: Charger-Pattern Combat Hovercycle (5/13/19)
- ARC and Maradonian Military Doctrine (5/12/19)
- Patreon Post: Clarktech and using Technology as Magic (5/04/19)
- Blog Roadmap: May 2019 (4/28/19)
Daydreams of a Dragon (Dragondog)
Noh RPG Group (binn05)
- Dungeon Psionic 001a – Player Report / Dungeon Psiônica 001a – Relato do Jogador (5/14/19)
- Dungeon Psionic 002 / Dungeon Psiônica 002 (5/13/19)
Above the Flatline (Timothy Ponce)
- Mapping an Abbey (5/13/19)
- Automating Architect of Worlds Update (5/06/19)
- Niche Protection at the Table (4/29/19)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Designer’s Notes Merlin’s Magnificent Menagerie (5/16/19)
- Designer’s Notes: The Fifth Attribute (5/09/19)
- GURPS101: More Electrokinesis Powers for Psionic (5/05/19)
- GURPS101: Art of the Wild IV (5/05/19)
- Carpe Blogiem: Author, Patreon, and Blog Highlights – April 2019 (5/05/19)
Frak Frel and Other F Words (Rigil Kent)
- GM Commentary: ConsOps 2.07 (5/05/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Ground on 5/4/2019 which went in a direction I did not anticipate. No stats abused but some in-game mechanics discussed. Reflections on where what worked and what didn’t.
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.07 (5/03/19)
- GM Commentary: ConsOps 2.06 (4/29/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Ground on 4/27/2019 which was mostly just a single long tactical encounter. No stats abused. Reflections on where what worked and what didn’t.
Octopus Carnival (Ubiratan Pires Alberton)
- Skyrim Metalurgy Makes No Sense (5/11/19)
DF Whiterock (dripton)
- DF Whiterock Session 48: Turtle Parliament (5/14/19)
- DF Whiterock One Year Retrospective (5/08/19)
- DF Whiterock Session 47: Pearls Before Ettin (5/06/19)
- DF Whiterock Session 46: Travelogue (5/03/19)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- G:InterfaceZero 0.02 (5/05/19) – Kobato tangles with some low-lifes, takes a mission for the cause, and bites off more than she can chew. The most recent input from the grim streets of Seattle, 2090 style, in our GURPS: InterfaceZero cyberpunk campaign.
- G:InterfaceZero 0.01 (5/03/19) – Karh has some friends over for the fight, and finds himself in one. The most recent action on the grim streets of Seattle, 2090 style, in our GURPS: InterfaceZero cyberpunk campaign.
Improvised Radio Theatre – With Dice (RogerBW)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Monster: Mohrg (5/16/19)
- Monster: Minotaur (5/15/19)
- Monsters: Mind Flayers (Illithids) (5/14/19)
- Monster: Mimic (5/13/19)
- Racial Template: Merfolk (5/12/19)
- Monster: Steam Mephit (5/11/19)
- Monster: Salt Mephit (5/10/19)
- Monster: Ooze Mephit (5/09/19)
- Monster: Magma Mephit (5/08/19)
- Monster: Ice Mephit (5/07/19)
- Monster: Fire Mephit (5/06/19)
- Monster: Earth Mephit (5/05/19)
- Monster: Dust Mephit (5/04/19)
- Monster: Air Mephit (5/04/19)
- Powers: Monk Abilities (5/01/19)
- Treasure: Feather Tokens (4/30/19)
Olympus RPG Group (The Olympus RPG Group)
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E07 (5/07/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The team is picked up by two new members, and goes to Oman to intercept the freighter containing their objective, only to find someone has beaten them to it.
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E06 (5/01/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The team calls in and participates in an Egyptian counter-terrorist raid on the warehouse to which the kidnapped CS:Bragi was taken, and discovers a couple of surprises.
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- We go to the lands of the ice and snow: DF Cold Weather Gear notes (5/17/19)
- Yet another DF book update (5/16/19)
- Final Playtest Feedback Collected (5/14/19)
- Upcoming GURPS book notes (5/11/19)
- Notes from DFD Barbarians: Movie Barbarians (5/09/19)
- One-Page DFRPG : Encounter at Ten Crown Caves (5/09/19)
- My latest DF book is in playtest (5/08/19)
- Updates to the Felltower Files (5/05/19)
- Misc Notes for 5/3 (5/04/19)
- GURPS 101: Monday morning quarterbacking the Session 115 fights (5/03/19)
- Ulf the Not Yet Martyred, Cleric (5/02/19)
- Misc Late Night Notes for 4/30 (5/01/19)
- GURPS DF Session 115, Felltower 87 – Flame Foes & New Stairs (4/30/19)
- Felltower pre-summary for 4/28/19 (4/29/19)
- Random Notes for 4/27 (4/28/19)
- Leiber in GURPS DF (4/26/19)