Shid ald akwentans bee firgot,
an nivir brocht ti mynd?
Shid ald akwentans bee firgot,
an ald lang syn?
Welcome to the first GURPSDay of 2018, and the fourth year – GURPSDay started in February 2013, only a year after I started Gaming Ballistic.
We’re currently drawing content from 96 blogs. We’re still picking up some feed issues with them, but once they’re solved, we’re that much closer to having 100 GURPS blogs. GURPS Special Ops, by Steve Jolly, joined us this week.
We’ve got some interesting things coming in 2018. GURPSDay is often reshared and followed by some of the nice folks at Steve Jackson Games, and I made a suggestion to Kromm and Steven that has drawn some interest. One way or another, look to see the return of the monthly Blog Challenge – such as the Melee Academy feature. In particular, common challenges posed using nothing but the pre-gens from the DFRPG and the rules from the boxed set with no house rules or additions brought in. The Dungeon Fantasy RPG is targeted at new players, and so even seemingly old topics (how do I best leverage attacks from the rear hex? How do I fight a dragon? How do we fight a mob of weak creatures?) are fresh again.
We still need your help. And if you just started a GURPS blog – and I know that some of you have – email me and get on the list! With the advent of the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, Powered by GURPS, there’s even more reason to write.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
GURPS Special Ops (Steve Jolly)
- GURPS Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewman (for GURPS Special Ops 3rd Edition) (1/04/18)
- GURPS Weapon Cards (1/03/18)
- Special Amphibious Reconnaissance Corpsman Template (for GURPS Spec Ops 3rd Edition) (1/03/18)
- New GURPS Blog! (1/02/18)
- The Tuimelaar or Mud Folk (12/29/17)
Daydreams of a Dragon (Dragondog)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (1/04/18)
- Pseudobot: Malfunction roller and Last Gasp Long Term Fatigue lookup. (1/04/18)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Sorcery: Necromantic Spells X (1/04/18)
- Sorcery: Necromantic Spells IX (1/03/18)
- Sorcery: Necromantic Spells VIII (1/02/18)
- Sorcery: Animal Spells V (1/01/18)
- Sorcery: Animal Spells IV (12/31/17)
- NPCs/Templates: City Guards and Blue Guard (12/30/17)
- Sorcery: Sha’ir Spellcasting (12/29/17)
Chain Link and Concrete (M. Eversberg II)
- Chain Link and Concrete: 2017 in Review (1/01/18)
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
- John Smith [GURPS 4e] (1/02/18)
n-Body Politics (kreios)
- Shipping Cargo and Passengers (12/30/17)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Mystical Tyrant Schisms Part 3: The Cult of Revalis White (1/03/18)
- Patreon Special: The Cult of the Mystic Tyrant Preview 2 and the Emperor Thus Far (1/03/18)
- Mystical Tyrant Schisms part 2: The Cult of Satra Temos (1/02/18)
- 2017: A Retrospective (12/31/17)
Improvised Radio Theatre – With Dice (RogerBW)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Modified Quick-Sheathe (1/04/18)
- Revised GURPS Magic for Felltower: Pestilence prereqs (1/03/18)
- Year in Gaming 2017 (1/01/18)
- DF Felltower, Session 96, Felltower 68 – Say My Name (Durak, Gates, and Werewolves) (12/31/17)
- I’m dreaming of a white Felltower (12/30/17)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Learning to Let Go, GURPS-Style (1/04/18) – Fun is the order of the day! Make sure to let go of those rules you don’t enjoy using rather than just keeping them around “because they’re in the book.”
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPSDay Summary Dec 29 – Jan 4, 2018 (1/04/18)
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
- A New Year and a Round Number (1/04/18)