Thursday is GURPSDay, and once again, GURPSDay comes to you from Thailand, where it’s currently about 11am on Friday morning. And also once again, we owe today’s post to my GMPC (or Heinlein character) Wife – martial arts instructor, PhD in Environmental Engineering, expert trumpet player, and ridiculously attractive redhead. And she can weld plumbing too.
Below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week as of 10:30pm there have been over 60 GURPS-related posts from our list of 73 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen.
SJG is still running a 40% off sale on Warehouse 23 (some of the blogs mention this), and have seemingly embraced Print-on-Demand to bring back selected books in hardcover. This is good, but it’s also an experiment – if successful, we get more. If not, probably not.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Powers: (Inspired by) Exeggcute (12/08/16) – Psychic eggs grow into a tree.
- Powers: (Inspired by) Voltorb (12/07/16) – Reciprocal damage abilities.
- Powers: (Inspired by) Krabby (12/06/16) – Abilities accentuating claws and shells.
- Powers: (Inspired by) Drowzee (12/05/16) – A few more psionic abilities.
- Session Recap: Planet Mages Session 5 (12/04/16) – Interviews and Snipers.
- Powers: (Inspired by) Onix (12/04/16) – More rock abilities.
- Powers: (Inspired by) Gastly (12/03/16) – Ghost themed sleepy abilities.
- Powers: (Inspired by) Shellder (12/02/16) – Ice, water, and bivalves.
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (12/01/16)
- Powers: (Inspired by) Grimer (12/01/16) – The most vanilla poison abilities.
- Powers: (Inspired by) Seel (11/30/16) – Ice abilities.
Apocalyptic Analysis (Jake Bernstein)
- Analysis: What is RPGing all about? (12/05/16)
- Welcome to Apocalyptic Analysis — a Blog About Gaming (12/01/16) – An introduction to my new blog, Apocalyptic Analysis. I’ll be discussing mostly GURPS and the GMing thereof.
Octopus Carnival (Ubiratan Pires Alberton)
- Dragon’s Dogma: Human Enemies (12/07/16)
- Dragon’s Dogma: Enemies Overview (12/06/16)
- Pathfinder Iconics in Dungeon Fantasy: Harsk (12/05/16)
- Dragon’s Dogma: Artifacts of Gransys (12/01/16)
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
- Ultra-Tech: Amtrak Federation Air Rifle (12/08/16)
GURB- The Generic Universal Roleplaying Blog (The_RyujinLP)
- Fictional Firepower: The RRG – Tiresia Mars Gallant H-90 Particle Beam Gun (12/08/16) – Science fiction has given us a bewildering array post-modern firepower to marvel at. Everyone has their favorites and today I’m gonna share one of mine.
- Yet more GURPS Blogs and Posts I like Part III: Making the Blogsphere Great Again! (12/05/16)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (12/02/16)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Aeon A-Team S02E02 – Eyes To The Future (12/07/16)
- GURPS101: More Ways to Learn (12/03/16)
- GURPS101: Psychic Vampirism Power: Steal Form (12/03/16)
- GURPS101: Making Friends and Conjuring People (12/01/16)
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
- 4 December 2016 Game Log: Nature Kills (12/06/16)
Improvised Radio Theatre – With Dice (RogerBW)
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
Hard Maths (CTA)
- Utility Closet: Spaceship Character Sheet (12/07/16)
- Meta: Dude, Where’s My Shield (Design System)? (12/05/16)
- Equipment Locker: New Beams for Blaster and Laser Design (12/03/16) – My expansion to David Pulver’s Blaster and Laser Design system, adding electrolasers, sonic screamers and stunners, neural and mind disruptors, plasma flamers and guns, and disintegrators.
- Dramatis Personae: Ilia Elektrostal, Ex-Corporate Freemerchant Captain (12/01/16) – The first instalment of a new column; Ilia Elektrostal is a Russian-colonial starship captain gone rogue, who stole her own ship with the help of her crew.
A Literate Programmer’s Blog (The Literate Programmer)
- Zürich GURPSified (12/01/16) I had fun statting out Basel for GURPS City Stats, and it doesn’t hurt to have more ready-made locations, so here goes Zurich!
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
- Pirates! Session #3 (12/04/16)
Fragments of the Last War (Bryan Timms)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Racial Templates: Goblinoids (12/08/16)
- Ultra-Tech: BFG9000 (12/07/16)
- Monster: Athach (12/06/16)
- Sorcery: Modifying Sorcery (12/05/16)
- Monster: Azer (12/04/16)
- Monster: Animated Manacles (12/03/16)
- Sorcery: Creation Spells (12/02/16)
- Sorcery: Illusion Spells (12/01/16)
- Ultra-Tech: DR/Damage Comparison (11/30/16)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Lighter Combat for a Test Run (12/08/16)
- Use High Powered Monsters Right Away! (12/02/16)
- New Spell: Rain of Lightning (12/01/16)
- Dungeon Sorcery Spells 4 (12/06/16)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Iteration 5: Psi-Wars as a Generic Setting (12/07/16)
- Ending Iteration 4 (11/30/16) – You can download the Psi-Wars documents here
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- This Week in GURPS (Dec. 1st) (12/01/16) – Amazing news in GURPS this week! A massive PDF sale, several out-of-print books being offered for the first time ever as print-on-demand, plus new features for the always wonderful GURPS Calculator app, and movement on (fan-created) support for GURPS in the “Fantasy Grounds” VTT. It’s a Christmas miracle!
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- The Rules-Light GURPS Shopping Guide (12/01/16) – GURPS can be a great rules light game. These books are particularly useful for running GURPS in a streamlined, no-nonsense game.
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
- GURPS Martial Arts: Shadow-Boxing [GURPS] (12/03/16)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 16 (12/08/16) – Beneath Parrot Island, the Guardians find a body, some nasty crabs and other, soggier, foes. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Grand Duchy 90 (12/08/16) – The Company camps under (and over) an archway then heads south into a previously unexplored section of the valley searching for the Singing Pool. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
- Sundered Lands 15 (12/01/16) – The companions descend into the bowels of Parrot Island in search of Penkus and Vanthus. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Grand Duchy 89 (12/01/16) – The Grey Company begins their trek to the Singing Pool. They set up a base camp at one of the ancient archways and are visited by an unexpected knife connoisseur. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary Nov 25 – Dec 1, 2016 (12/01/16)