Just a brief bit of narcissism: I find myself for the first time with two projects simultaneously at the printer. Hall of Judgment zipped through preproduction and prepress so fast it was dizzying. That print run of 500 will be ready on or about Aug 22. If you’re an “international backer,” meaning you’re outside the easy, domestic reach of USPS Media Mail, you will want to go to the Pre-Order Page for Hall of Judgment and get a print copy reserved, so that you can benefit from shipping rates from the UK. The other thing is that today I should be receiving the final, updated signature proof (16 pages, full color, unbound) for Dragon Heresy. I expect that will be fine, since the other 17 signatures were fine, and printing will begin. Sometime soon I will receive 6 advance copies of the book by courier, and I will post pictures of the reason I started Gaming Ballistic as a company in the first place.
But . . . to GURPS! GURPSDay is currently pulling from 103 blogs on the roster.
Welcome to GURPSDay 2018, and its fifth year – GURPSDay started in February 2013, a year after I started Gaming Ballistic.
We still need your help. And if you just started a GURPS blog – and I know that some of you have – email me and get on the list! With the advent of the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, Powered by GURPS, there’s even more reason to write.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Designer’s Notes: It’s an Encounter! (8/03/18)
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- Pyramid 117: Hot Spots (8/05/18)
Frak Frel and Other F Words (Rigil Kent)
- Game Prep: The Verge, Pt 1 (8/06/18) – Player Character concepts for my forthcoming face-to-face game which I’ve named GURPS Traveller: The Verge. Some links to GURPS books I expect to use.
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- XP for gate-locked multi-session playing PCs in Felltower (8/10/18)
- GURPS DF Session 107, Felltower 79 – Olympia (Part I) (8/07/18)
- Felltower Pre-Summary for 8/5 (8/06/18)
- Saturday 8/4 Random Thoughts & Links (8/05/18)
- Hall of Judgment (8/04/18)
- Review: GURPS Fantasy-Tech 2: Weapons of Fantasy (8/03/18)
Daydreams of a Dragon (Dragondog)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Grand Duchy 117 (8/09/18) – The Grey Company heads off across the valley in hopes of intercepting Golthar and his Iron Ring slavers. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
- Wandered Roads 48 (8/03/18) – Ehlyna is found, burnt and beaten. The Runelord is defeated. The Shard is claimed! The ongoing adventures of the Heroes of Sandpoint in our Wandered Roads of Varisia GUPRS campaign.
n-Body Politics (kreios)
- Robot Example: RATS (8/05/18)
Olympus RPG Group (The Olympus RPG Group)
- GURPS: Banestorm: Embers of Defiance, Book III, Session 2.01 (8/07/18) – First episode of the second “season” for our ongoing GURPS: Banestorm campaign. A new adventure beckons the heroes of Castle Defiant…
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another two weeks in the life of GURPS (8/03/18)
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
The Gaming Musings of a Mad GM (Ken DeLyzer)
- Grimwyrd: Den of Evil (8/07/18)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Monsters: Felines (8/09/18)
- Alchemy: Positoxins (8/08/18)
- Alchemy: Dark Alchemy III (8/07/18)
- Alchemy: Dark Alchemy II (8/07/18)
- Alchemy: Dark Alchemy (8/05/18)
- Alchemy: Lead Rings (8/04/18)
- Alchemy: Tin Rings (8/03/18)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
- Steampunk Monster Hunters #1: “Aaoooooo” (8/05/18)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPSDay Summary Aug 3, 2018 – Aug 9, 2018 (8/09/18)
- Hall of Judgment has been accepted at pre-press (8/07/18)
- “You think that’s air you’re breathing? Hmmm.” (8/07/18)
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
Sharrukin’s Palace (Jon F. Zeigler)
- Status Report (5 August 2018) (8/06/18)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Color Coded GURPS GM Screen (8/06/18) – Posting a brand-new customized GURPS GM screen, with easy-to-read text, eye-catching section headers, and a *ton* of useful info across 8 pages. What do you think?
Above the Flatline (Timothy Ponce)
- How I’m Drawing My Maps (8/10/18)
- Dori of the Dungeon or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Just Keep Mapping (8/08/18)
- Hare’s Leap (8/06/18)
- Mapping the Surface (8/04/18)