It’s well past time for a GURPSDay! I got caught in major “get the Citadel draft finished” mode, and then I moved. That was much more disruptive than I thought it’d be, and I thought it was going to be very disruptive.
But here you go. I went back four weeks this time, both to catch up and get some repeat views and if you missed some.
In news for Gaming Ballistic, Lost Hall of Tyr international copies were finally sent out. Citadel at Nordvorn is one page away from being done, and I made major progress on that page yesterday. Fantastic Dungeon Grappling and the 2nd edition of Hall of Judgment are both at the printer. I also launched a new project, Four Perilous Journeys, for The Fantasy Trip. These four 16-page adventures went into crowdfunding on Wednesday, and we’re already over 60% funded. Not bad.
GURPSDay is in its sixth – GURPSDay started in February 2013, a year after I started Gaming Ballistic. Things have slowed down a bit, and I’ll be considering how to revitalize this weekly activity. I’d like to see an average of 100 posts here per week – one per blog, ish – so we’ll see what we can do to get creative juiced flowing.If you just started a GURPS blog – and I know that some of you have – email me and get on the list! With the advent of the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, Powered by GURPS, there’s even more reason to write.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line. Take special note of the RSS Settings Fix if you’re on WordPress.
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- Commissioned Art from Citadel at Nordvorn. Hire these guys. (5/01/19)
- Initial Distribution of PDFs on Nordvorn is Complete (4/23/19)
- Thursday is GURPSDay! Mar 28 to Apr 19, 2019 (4/19/19)
- Citadel at Nordvorn: Fulfillment Begins today! (4/19/19)
- Session Report – Nordvorn at FNORDCon (Carl Patten) (4/12/19)
- Thursday is GURPSDay! Apr 5 to Apr 11, 2019 (4/12/19)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Patreon Post: Clarktech and using Technology as Magic (5/04/19)
- Blog Roadmap: May 2019 (4/28/19)
- A Psi-Wars Historical Timeline V: The Eldothic Era (4/25/19)
- A Psi-Wars Historical Timeline IV: The Ranathim Tyranny (4/24/19)
- A Psi-Wars Historical Timeline III: The Rise of Humanity and the Alexian Dynasty (4/23/19)
- A Psi-Wars Historical Timeline II: The Galactic Federation and the Rise of the Empire (4/22/19)
- Patreon Post: House Tan-Shai, the Fifth House (4/22/19)
- A Psi-Wars Historical Timeline Part I: Introduction and Calendars (4/22/19)
T Bone’s GURPS Diner (T Bone)
- RPG reality check: Are falls deadly enough in GURPS? (4/30/19)
- Two new talents for GURPS/DFRPG: Graceful and Life of the Party (4/23/19)
- Another tiny update to GLAIVE Mini resource for GURPS (4/16/19)
- Chalice World Commonwealth Jobs (4/27/19)
- GURPS Bricks, Comparative Damage (4/23/19)
- GURPS Supers, the Brick (4/23/19)
- Bureau 2 Office (4/21/19)
- MASK Bureau 3 (4/21/19)
- MASK Bureau 2 (4/21/19)
- Review of GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 20: Slayers (4/19/19)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- The Only Good Bug… Take Two! (5/02/19) – Hope to see you at Gamex 2019 in Los Angeles! I’ll be GMing a Starship Troopers game (using GURPS, of course)
- Fantasy Party of Pre-Gens (4/24/19) – A party of five pre-gen characters for a GURPS Fantasy romp, on a spiffy super-simple character sheet.
DF Whiterock (dripton)
- DF Whiterock One Year Retrospective (5/08/19)
- DF Whiterock Session 47: Pearls Before Ettin (5/06/19)
- DF Whiterock Session 46: Travelogue (5/03/19)
- DF Whiterock Session 45: Mummy Guts (4/22/19)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- G:InterfaceZero 0.02 (5/05/19) – Kobato tangles with some low-lifes, takes a mission for the cause, and bites off more than she can chew. The most recent input from the grim streets of Seattle, 2090 style, in our GURPS: InterfaceZero cyberpunk campaign.
- G:InterfaceZero 0.01 (5/03/19) – Karh has some friends over for the fight, and finds himself in one. The most recent action on the grim streets of Seattle, 2090 style, in our GURPS: InterfaceZero cyberpunk campaign.
- Sundered Lands 58 (4/12/19) – The group cleans up the manor, alerts the authorities to some eminent dangers, and sells some loot. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
Lair of the Chaotic GM (ChaoticGM)
- Spellslinging for Wizards (4/12/19)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
Frak Frel and Other F Words (Rigil Kent)
- GM Commentary: ConsOps 2.07 (5/05/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Ground on 5/4/2019 which went in a direction I did not anticipate. No stats abused but some in-game mechanics discussed. Reflections on where what worked and what didn’t.
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.07 (5/03/19)
- GM Commentary: ConsOps 2.06 (4/29/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Ground on 4/27/2019 which was mostly just a single long tactical encounter. No stats abused. Reflections on where what worked and what didn’t.
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.06 (4/23/19) – Preparing for the GURPS Action game I will be running in Fantasy Grounds on 27 Apr 2019. I sort of hash out the quick Mass Combat scenario here so I know how the overall engagement is intended to go. Also includes stats for a Named Egyptian NSA operative who will (hopefully) becoming a recurring antagonist.
- GM Commentary: ConsOps 2.05 (4/21/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Ground on 4/20/2019 which turned out to mostly be a data-dump and setup for future episodes. No stats abused. Reflections on where what worked and what didn’t.
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.05, Pt 2 (4/18/19) – Preparing for the GURPS Action game I will be running in Fantasy Grounds on 4/20. This is Part 2 of the game prep notes. No stats
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.05, Pt 1 (4/16/19) – Preparing for the GURPS Action game I will be running in Fantasy Grounds on 4/20. This is probably Part 1 of the game prep notes. Stats for Grumman Albatross HU-16B.
- GM Commentary: ConsOps 2.04 (4/14/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Ground on 4/14/2019 which was basically a boat chase, then a helicopter chase, then a car chase, the latter of which included the PCs shooting back. I also lament having to face off against a Wheelman with skills of 18 for such chases as well as having Players who have perfectly reasonable for not shooting back at the government forces chasing them…
Olympus RPG Group (The Olympus RPG Group)
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E07 (5/07/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The team is picked up by two new members, and goes to Oman to intercept the freighter containing their objective, only to find someone has beaten them to it.
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E06 (5/01/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The team calls in and participates in an Egyptian counter-terrorist raid on the warehouse to which the kidnapped CS:Bragi was taken, and discovers a couple of surprises.
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E05 (4/23/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The team discovers their parent organization has been compromised, but Quinn, now dead, had planned ahead for this eventuality. They fly to Cairo to continue the mission without the company’s sanction or support, looking to bring in CS: Bragi.
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E04 (4/16/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The Opn: ASGARD BLACK CHECKMATE team flees Egyptian forces back to Israel, and learns the fate of their former teammate at the bombed US embassy.
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Monster: Ooze Mephit (5/09/19)
- Monster: Magma Mephit (5/08/19)
- Monster: Ice Mephit (5/07/19)
- Monster: Fire Mephit (5/06/19)
- Monster: Earth Mephit (5/05/19)
- Monster: Dust Mephit (5/04/19)
- Monster: Air Mephit (5/04/19)
- Powers: Monk Abilities (5/01/19)
- Treasure: Feather Tokens (4/30/19)
- Treasure: Dusts (4/16/19)
- Ultra-Tech: KYOS and Powered Armor (4/15/19)
- Treasure: Mantles and Robes (4/13/19)
- Treasure: M-Items (4/12/19)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Notes from DFD Barbarians: Movie Barbarians (5/09/19)
- One-Page DFRPG : Encounter at Ten Crown Caves (5/09/19)
- My latest DF book is in playtest (5/08/19)
- Updates to the Felltower Files (5/05/19)
- Misc Notes for 5/3 (5/04/19)
- GURPS 101: Monday morning quarterbacking the Session 115 fights (5/03/19)
- Ulf the Not Yet Martyred, Cleric (5/02/19)
- Misc Late Night Notes for 4/30 (5/01/19)
- GURPS DF Session 115, Felltower 87 – Flame Foes & New Stairs (4/30/19)
- Felltower pre-summary for 4/28/19 (4/29/19)
- Random Notes for 4/27 (4/28/19)
- Leiber in GURPS DF (4/26/19)
- What I’m Prepping for Felltower (4/21/19)
- New Release: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 20: Slayers (4/21/19)
- Tentative Cleric Variation List for DFD (4/19/19)
- Helping Clerics Survive Felltower (4/16/19)
- Gene Wolfe, Thanks for the Writing (4/15/19)
- The Appalling Survival Rate of Clerics in Felltower (4/14/19)
- Friday Random Notes 4/12 – James Smith memorial edition (4/13/19)
- Writing Update (4/12/19)
Daydreams of a Dragon (Dragondog)
- Azgaar’s Fantasy Map Generator (5/01/19)
GURB- The Generic Universal Roleplaying Blog (The_RyujinLP)
Improvised Radio Theatre – With Dice (RogerBW)
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
Above the Flatline (Timothy Ponce)
- Automating Architect of Worlds Update (5/06/19)
- Niche Protection at the Table (4/29/19)
- Free Time at Last! (4/24/19)
- Observations (4/20/19)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)