Thursday is GURPSDay, and below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week, there have been 45 GURPS-Related posts from our list of 35 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen, which is a nice chunk of reading material. Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- Understanding Damage in GURPS Combat (3/29/16) – GURPS’ combat model is based on some specific assumptions. This post looks at those assumptions—as well as how to change those assumptions—in order to make combat work the way that fits your game.
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Grand Duchy 78 (4/01/16)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Designer’s Notes: Eastern Adventures (3/31/16)
- Triple Threat: Crocoroach (3/30/16)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: Subtle Sorcery (3/25/16)
Orbital Vagaries (Christian Blouin)
- IW 2 – King Saud’s ice paradise (3/25/16)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Pyramid 3/89: Alternate Dungeons II (3/31/16)
- Mixing Rumors, Events, and Random Encounters (3/30/16)
- Skull-helmet quote (3/29/16)
- Stericksburg’s Status (3/27/16)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- GURPS Review: Powers: The Weird (3/31/16)
- Psi Wars Bonus Post: Starship Scale (3/31/16) – A discussion on why space opera combat is, scientifically, utter BS, a quick gander at the size of the spaceships depicted in the GURPS spaceships series, and a discussion of just how many vents, ducts and corridors you can fit into a ship
- Psi Wars: Spacehips Playtest — the Revision (3/30/16)
- Psi Wars: Spaceships — Simplified Space Combat 1.2 (3/30/16) – A collection of the playtest notes into a second draft on space opera combat
- Psi Wars: Spaceships: Revising the Revision (3/29/16) – That playtest went pretty well… but it also revealed some holes. We can do better!
- Psi Wars: Spaceships Playtest — New Ruleset (3/29/16)
- Psi Wars: Spaceships — Simplified Space Combat 1.1 (3/28/16) – A compilation of the complaints and ideas from the previous post into a cohesive and simplified new ruleset for space opera combat
- Psi Wars: Spaceships — Rewriting Spaceship Combat (3/27/16) – Now that I’ve looked at the standard spaceship combat system, warts and all, it’s time to discuss where the problems are, and how best to fix them.
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- GURPS Grenades – Big Bada Boom (3/30/16) – The next GURPS “fiddly bit” to look at are explosions, specifically grenades. Includes examples and a handy PDF table extrapolating both blast and fragmentation damage out to a range of 16 yards.
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
- The Adventures of Temian Fell – Episode 4 – The Castle of Heirloom Peak (3/31/16)
- Thoughts about the blog, 2.5 months in. (3/28/16)
Further Up the Spire (Archon Shiva)
- Ptolus Easter Egg Hunt (3/27/16) – A treasure hunt through players’ recollections, for free rerolls at the next session.
Game in the Brain (Justin Aquino)
- GURPS Magic 2016 Update (3/30/16)
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
- Sheepfolk and other races (3/29/16)
One Yard Hex (Paul Stefko)
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
- Escape From the Underworld (3/29/16) – Seeking inspiration for journeys to the Underworld from myths and other stories.
- Using Books From Other Systems (3/25/16) – Notes on using books from other systems in my GURPS Fantasy game.
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary Mar 25 – Mar 31, 2016 (3/31/16)
- Tactics: When in doubt, be Batman (Aeon/Supers) (3/31/16) – Powerful supers characters are great . . . but you have to play them right, and for The Commander in the Aeon campaign, I wasn’t. The key? Less Captain America, more Batman. Because as the phrase goes, be yourself, unless you can be Batman.
- Aeon Campaign: S1E12 – Aftermath (3/29/16)
- Reloading Press: .22LR (3/28/16) – This installment of the reloading press presents the classic beginner’s rimfire round, the .22 LR. Used in everything from target practice to assassination, it’s a surprisingly deadly projectile if you can make your shot placement count.
- Sunday Review: GURPS Action 3 – Furious Fists (3/28/16) – This Sunday Review continues my examination of all four of the GURPS Action titles with Action 3: Furious Fists. This is a solid book that still might be too much detail for a roll and shout game. Nonetheless, if you really want to play the hand-to-hand type in a world of guns, this volume offers an excellent how-to.
The Red Mouser (Gotha)
- Resource page update: TheMook.net (3/29/16)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (3/31/16) – Bliggity Bloogy, I’m reflecting on the blogs again.
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy 1: Adventurers (3/31/16) – A review with a bit of a retrospective slant on the first book in the Dungeon Fantasy franchise.
- Martial Arts Style: Vampire Killer (3/30/16) – A Martial Arts Style heavily inspired by the Castlevania Franchise.
- Racial Template: Kobold (Cutebold) (3/29/16) – A template for a kobold, but definitely not the only correct way to stat a kobold.
- Treasure: Inspired by Nethicite (3/29/16) – Let’s make a ridiculously expensive anti-magic rock!
- Random Encounter Tables: Total Deconstruction (3/27/16) – Using CER, we deconstruct the fundamental concept of a random encounter table to reduce preparation, reduce random encounters to only one roll and a table and a menu, and enable more interesting and dynamic encounters.
- Five Room Dungeon: Birthday Bash! (3/26/16) – Can your party stop a bomb from going off at a child’s birthday party?
- CER: Monster Templates – Haunted Cake! Cake Powers! And Encounter Punter Bundt! (3/25/16) – Birthday Cake Template, Attacks, and Encounter.
Cursed -75 Points (BowToChris)
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)