Thursday is GURPSDay, while it’s been a light week for me (which is a shame, because the last Aeon game gave me a lot to think and talk about), others have been on the case, with 42 articles on the rolls thus far, as of 8:30pm CST.
May is GURPSDay recruiting month, I’m still hoping to attract more new blogs to the rolls. We’ve gotten a few new ones, such as Gentleman Gamer as of early this morning, but I know there are more out there. If you blog about GURPS with any regularity, adding your blog to the script is easy, free, and can only help your traffic.
Not really a GURPS blog, but if you missed +Rev. Pee Kitty ‘s live chat about After the End and other GURPS stuff, you can still check it out as a recording. It’s about an hour, and he and Hunter had a good time answering questions. The discussion even led to a short post about the core AtE skills you shouldn’t do without, so bonus content.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Gentleman Gamer (Raoul)
- Challenge Accepted (5/26/16) – My first post in a new series – where I take up Mailanka’s challenge and write down my mission statement.
Set Adrift on 3D6 (Conner)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- Meet C-Team’s Resident Conspiratard: Agent Veracity (5/26/16) – I got selected for the C-Team! I’ve been given permission to show you my character! It’s only lightly redacted!
- GCS Tips: Making Templates (5/21/16) – Learn how to make GURPS templates in GCS.
Chain Link and Concrete (M. Eversberg II)
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
- Magnificent Samurai: Session 2 (5/24/16)
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- Template Toolkit 1: Characters Review (5/25/16) – This review of GURPS Template Toolkit 1: Characters looks at how templates can be used to speed up character creation, as well as how players and GMs can use the templating process to learn more about what makes characters effective.
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (5/26/16)
- Review: GURPS Calculator and GCS Integration (5/26/16) – A review of GURPS Calculator, specifically in regards to the GCS integration.
- Skill: Seamanship (5/25/16) – Thoughts on the crewman skill in general, and the seamanship skill in specific.
- Session Capture: Bad Company Session 0, Our Heroes learn to crawl before they learn to walk, and then trip over a waist high bush (5/25/16) – Bad Company Campaign Session 0 Recap.
- Racial Template: Fishmen (5/24/16) – Fish People!
- Random Encounters: Mountain Road (5/23/16) – More combinations of random things to kill or deal with if travelling is stuck in a lull.
- Review: Supporting Cast: Age of Sail Pirate Crew (5/22/16) – A trimmed down Swashbucklers. In a lot of ways, in the vein of simply running a game, it is better, but it is not exactly a surrogate.
- CER: Alternate Dungeons II (5/21/16)
- CER: Howling Tunnels Characters (5/20/16) – Some CER values for the monsters on the Iron Emblem tumblr
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- The Hurt Locker: Gear Repositories for What’s In a Lair? (5/26/16)
- Carpe Blogiem: Aeon Team Rosters – Part I (5/24/16)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- The Secret Magic of Psi Wars (5/25/16) – where I take a look at what worked, what didn’t work, with magic, how we can adjust magic to make it work more like the Force, or how we can adjust the Psi-Wars setting to better take advantage of Magic-As-Written
- The Other Side of Space Magic (5/24/16) – Black magic as the Dark Side, Meditative magic as the Light Side, some additional spells divided up between light and dark side, “Psionic Attunement” as enchantment, and the force of DESTINY!
- The Magical Space Knight (5/23/16) – We look Magic-As-Psi, see what the spells look like, what 50 points will get you, and what a space knight using spells might look like
- The Force as Space Magic (5/22/16) – This week, I take a look at the Force as Magic. I discuss the benefits and the problems of such an approach, and I introduce the “Magic as Psi” article, written by David Pulver, as a basis for treating the Force as Magic
No School Grognard (Mark Langsdorf)
- Nu World Session 2 (5/26/16)
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
- Tactical Shooting: Justified (5/24/16)
Code by Clockwork (Jeff Demers)
Cursed -75 Points (BowToChris)
- Dr. Edmond Swift: The Eight of Cups (5/23/16)
RPG Jutsu (Merlin Avery)
- Dungeon Fantasy – Why I think it’s D20 for GURPS! (5/26/16)
- Combo – The Killer Instinct in Advantages (5/20/16)
Fragments of the Last War (Bryan Timms)
- Its Hour Come Round at Last 2 (5/20/16)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- That was too easy (stories are conflict) (5/26/16) – Everything went our way in S2E7 of the Aeon Campaign. I’ve had that backfire before on me as a GM. When is total success a good game, and when is it boring? Why was THIS smooth sail a ripping success?
- GURPS Day Summary May 20 – May 26, 2016 (5/26/16)
- Aeon Campaign S2E7 – The Best Laid Plans . . . (5/24/16) – Aeon S2E7 has our heroes come up with a plan, execute the plan, and actually overachieve in the objectives of the plan as all the players pitch in successfully to make the plan even better. We spend bucketloads of karma doing so, but in the end, it’s a perfect mission. At least for now.
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
- Borderland Provinces: a Review (5/24/16)
Orbital Vagaries (Christian Blouin)
- IW 5 – Blue Jungle (5/20/16)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Auto-Pin, DF, and Technical Grappling (5/26/16)
- More on longer delves in Felltower (5/25/16)
- Minis: Horde Pygmies (5/24/16)
- Longer delves in Felltower? (5/22/16)
- Some thoughts on standard arrowhead variations (5/21/16)
Game in the Brain (Justin Aquino)
- Leadership and Teamwork in TRPGs (5/23/16)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Off to Gamex 2016 (5/26/16) – Just a quick odds and ends post today, as I’m gearing up for Gamex 2016 tomorrow. A few thoughts on my game, a shout-out to the Strategicon conventions, and a request for your GURPS/Mook questions. Enjoy your long weekend if you’ve got one — see you next week!
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Grand Duchy 81 (5/26/16) – The members of the Grey Company are led to the Traldar village of Ronkan. They are greeted by a warm welcome… and screams in the night! Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.