Thursday is GURPSDay, and now we face that odd time between Turkey Day and Christmas, where we’re all supposed to pretend to get stuff done, but really?
Well, in any case I will be in Thailand for the next two weeks, so the next two GURPSDays will be handled by my lovely wife. She will be able to run the script (maybe) once during the day, and then at night. So plan ahead!
Below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week as of 8:30pm there have been 50 GURPS-related posts from our list of 73 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen. In fact, I know that there are a few more (check the Cross-Post from Let’s GURPS) but they haven’t all tagged their posts as GURPS yet. But they will. Oh, yes. They will.
So a once and future welcome to Apocalyptic Analysis, Blogging at Default, Random Thoughts about GURPS: The Blog, and Tabletop Ramblings of a High-Tech Lowlife.
Importantly, SJG is running a 40% off sale on Warehouse 23 (some of the blogs mention this), and have seemingly embraced Print-on-Demand to bring back selected books in hardcover. This is good, but it’s also an experiment – if successful, we get more. If not, probably not.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Apocalyptic Analysis (Jake Bernstein)
- Welcome to Apocalyptic Analysis — a Blog About Gaming (12/01/16) – An introduction to my new blog, Apocalyptic Analysis. I’ll be discussing mostly GURPS and the GMing thereof.
Octopus Carnival (Ubiratan Pires Alberton)
- Dragon’s Dogma: Artifacts of Gransys (12/01/16)
- Pathfinder Iconics in Dungeon Fantasy: Valeros (11/27/16)
- Dragon’s Dogma Equipment Upgrades in Dungeon Fantasy (11/25/16)
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
- All GURPS PDfs on sale! 40% off! (11/29/16)
A Literate Programmer’s Blog (The Literate Programmer)
- Zürich GURPSified (12/01/16) I had fun statting out Basel for GURPS City Stats, and it doesn’t hurt to have more ready-made locations, so here goes Zurich!
- Community – Basel GURPSified (11/28/16) For the GURPSosphere’s community, I take a shot at translating a real world location to GURPS city stats.
- Dust – Session Two – Debrief (11/28/16) I look back at the second session of the campaign I play in.
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
- GURPS Skills/Advantages: Telluric Engineering [GURPS] (11/29/16)
- Last chance to preorder GURPS Discworld and Mars Attacks… (11/28/16)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Ending Iteration 4 (11/30/16) – You can download the Psi-Wars documents here
- Bonus Post: There’s a Sale! (11/29/16)
- EM Guns Feedback Part 2: G-Verse Variants (11/26/16)
- EM Guns Feedback Part 1: The G-Verse Context (11/26/16)
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- Pyramid 95: Overland Adventures (11/27/16)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary Nov 25 – Dec 1, 2016 (12/01/16)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (12/01/16)
- Powers: (Inspired by) Grimer (12/01/16) – The most vanilla poison abilities.
- Powers: (Inspired by) Seel (11/30/16) – Ice abilities.
- Powers: (Inspired by) Doduo (11/29/16) – Tenacity abilities.
- Powers: (Inspired by) Farfetch’d (11/28/16) – The bird with a leek.
- Session Recap: Planet Mages Session 4 (11/28/16) – Scooby Doo and the gang looking for clues.
- Powers: (Inspired by) Magnemite (11/27/16) – Some magnetic and light based abilities.
- Powers: (Inspired by) Slowpoke (11/26/16) – A bunch of support abilities with a “my pace” theme.
- Powers: (Inspired by) Ponyta (11/25/16) – Fiery speedy moves.
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- New Spell: Rain of Lightning (12/01/16)
- 40% off GURPS PDFs, new hardcopies! (11/29/16)
- DF Game, Session 83, Felltower 56 – Orc Showdown II (11/28/16)
- Felltower session pre-summary (11/28/16)
- Felltower preview: Against the Orcs, part II? (11/27/16)
- Revised GURPS Magic: Fire Cloud, Spark Cloud (11/26/16)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (11/25/16)
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- The Rules-Light GURPS Shopping Guide (12/01/16) – GURPS can be a great rules light game. These books are particularly useful for running GURPS in a streamlined, no-nonsense game.
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- This Week in GURPS (Dec. 1st) (12/01/16) – Amazing news in GURPS this week! A massive PDF sale, several out-of-print books being offered for the first time ever as print-on-demand, plus new features for the always wonderful GURPS Calculator app, and movement on (fan-created) support for GURPS in the “Fantasy Grounds” VTT. It’s a Christmas miracle!
- Giving Thanks – Gaming Edition (11/25/16) – Today I share a quick video tour of the online GURPS Calculator app. I have mentioned it before on the blog (I’m a huge fan), but I hope the video can really give an idea of how crazy useful this thing is. Enjoy!
Improvised Radio Theatre – With Dice (RogerBW)
Hard Maths (CTA)
- Dramatis Personae: Ilia Elektrostal, Ex-Corporate Freemerchant Captain (12/01/16) – The first instalment of a new column; Ilia Elektrostal is a Russian-colonial starship captain gone rogue, who stole her own ship with the help of her crew.
- Equipment Locker: Sonic Disruptors (11/26/16)
- Cross-Post: Generic Universal Roleplaying Blog (11/25/16)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 15 (12/01/16) – The companions descend into the bowels of Parrot Island in search of Penkus and Vanthus. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Grand Duchy 89 (12/01/16) – The Grey Company begins their trek to the Singing Pool. They set up a base camp at one of the ancient archways and are visited by an unexpected knife connoisseur. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Sorcery: Illusion Spells (12/01/16)
- Ultra-Tech: DR/Damage Comparison (11/30/16)
- Monster: Assassin Vine (11/29/16)
- Monsters: Archons (11/28/16)
- Sorcery: Movement and Communication Spells (11/27/16)
- Sorcery: Attribute Debuffs (11/26/16)
- Sorcery: Attribute Buffs (11/25/16)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)