Welcome to the second year of GURPSDay, for the second GURPSDay post in January.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days. 53 posts to round out the week from 73 blogs. We’re about to add our 74th, too, but there’s an atom vs RSS issue to work out.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
PK’s Game Recaps and Tidbits (PK Levine)
- After the End: Weeks 23-24 (1/07/17) – The standoff between the mutants and tribesfolk reaches a potentially peaceful outcome . . . until the opening of a hidden bunker and one PC’s obstinence pushes things back to the boiling point.
- Madness Dossier: Week 20 (1/07/17) – The Sandmen learn that the enemy has created a glyph that may doom the entire world via solipsism. Can they get to the police station in time to stop it, and will Edgar’s use of psychotronic drugs make this his last mission?
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
No School Grognard (Mark Langsdorf)
- New Dawn: Anticipation (1/12/17) : I’m starting my new mass battles fantasy game tonight and reflecting on some decisions and campaign features while I wait.
- Enchantment Through Deeds (1/10/17)
A Literate Programmer’s Blog (The Literate Programmer)
- Dust Session Four (1/10/17) I played in the third session of the Dust campaign
- Dust Session Three (1/08/17) I played in the third session of the Dust campaign
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Our Rarely-Used GURPS DF Rules and Rulings (1/12/17)
- The Towers of Stericksburg (1/08/17)
- New Release: Dungeon Fantasy Collection Pyramid (1/06/17)
The Fossilized GURPS Blog (Fossilized Rappy)
One Yard Hex (Paul Stefko)
Octopus Carnival (Ubiratan Pires Alberton)
- Dragon’s Dogma Bestiary: Harpies (1/06/17)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Sorcery: Cantrips (1/12/17)
- Sorcery/Treasure: Sorcerous Alchemy (1/11/17)
- Sorcery: Body Control Status Effects (1/10/17)
- Magic: Truename Magic (1/09/17)
- Treasure: Special Materials (1/08/17)
- Treasure: Sundering Sword (1/07/17)
- Sorcery: Elemental Weapon Buffs (1/06/17)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 20.1 (1/12/17) – Fortis and Arn go on a shopping trip and “make” a new friend. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Grand Duchy 95 (1/12/17) – The Grey Company learns more about their Hutakan friends and travel with them to their stronghold, Byxata. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
- Sundered Lands 20 (1/12/17) – The party regroups, makes some plans, goes shopping, performs physical labor and divines the future. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (1/12/17)
- Recap: Silly Romperoo, Season 1 Episode 10 (1/12/17) – Arm comes off, and goes back on.
- Character Building: Jezebel Schwarz, Futuristic Swashbuckler Cat Girl (1/10/17) – Is she going to die?
- Recap: Silly Romperoo, Season 1 Episode 9 (1/06/17) – No one died.
Path of Houserules (Sciencezam)
- Society and Culture on Guyver-1 (1/12/17)
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
- Creating Frith, the Sheltered City (1/12/17)
- My Letter to my Players (1/11/17)
- Thoughts on Setting up a Regular Game (1/10/17)
- Happy first birthday to myself – and announcing a new campaign! (1/09/17)
Hard Maths (CTA)
- Grimoire: Elemental Melee Spells (1/12/17) – A few new spells for elemental melee weapons.
- Cross-Post: First GURPSday 2017 (1/11/17)
- Ars Mundi: Coldfire (1/10/17) – An abberant form of fire that turns fuel into cold, not heat!
Book and Sword (Sean Manning)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Requiem, The Cartoon Finale (1/12/17) – The notes and characters for a one-shot convention game based on Requiem, the final, unproduced script of the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon. Face Venger for one last confrontation!
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (1/07/17)
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- Pyramid 97: Strange Powers (1/12/17)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Building the Con Artist and the fine art of Forgery (1/11/17) – a new Psi-Wars template!
- A Psi-Wars Cultural Checklist (1/10/17)
- The Philosophy (and Religion) of Psi-Wars (1/09/17) – a discussion of theology vs philosophy, and an in-depth look at GURPS Religion
- The Ways of Psi-Wars: Cultures and their values and literature (1/08/17) – A grab bag of cultural values, including a discussion of build-it-yourself Codes of Honor
Armin’s GCA 5 Blog (Armin Sykes)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: Fairy Rings (1/12/17)
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)