Thursday is GURPSDay, being posted from Bangkok, Thailand, and below you can find most of the blog activity from the last seven days. We had a few script problems that I’d really hoped had been worked out, but I was pushing my luck and testing my wife’s patience as it was having her remote-run the script from over 13,000 km away.
Over the last week, as of 10pm CST, there have been 37 GURPS-Related posts from our list of 38 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen. That’s a really light week, so once again I question my script – I think we might have missed a day, in which case I’ll debug and update when I get home on Saturday night. I know I’ve seen more than this!
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week. For this week, I reached back and got the last 25 posts for our newcomer, Chain Link and Concrete, as well.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Chain Link and Concrete (M. Eversberg II)
- Potential Problems with GURPS Ballistic Armor (4/28/16)
- GURPS Fencing Weapon Rules are Bunk (3/25/16)
- Skill Defaults for Brawling and Untrained Striking (9/07/15)
- Devise and Revise: US Marine Corps L.I.N.E (7/17/15)
- Devise and Revise: Huang Bo Nien’s Xingyi Fist and Weapon Instruction (7/15/15)
- Devise and Revise: US Army Combatives, 1992 (7/13/15)
- M231 Firing Port Weapon (6/28/15)
- The Bradley Fighting Vehicle (6/28/15)
- We’re Paratroopers! We’re meant to be surrounded! (6/16/15)
- Not all Swords are Good at Parries (5/29/15)
- Shields, on me! (5/28/15)
- Getting Stabbed in the Throat is a Very Bad Thing (5/25/15)
- City Stats: LP City (Lexington Park, Maryland) (5/12/15)
- Snap Cut (5/01/15)
- GURPS Vehicle Design is a Hot Mess (4/21/15)
- Stop Hitting Yourself! (4/19/15)
- Weirdness in GURPS Sword Damage Types (4/18/15)
- That’s a fumble! (4/12/15)
- The Nelson Mandela (Starship) (4/10/15)
- My “First” Encounter With Roll20 (4/06/15)
- Spray and Pray isn’t the Only Way! (3/30/15)
- There’s more than one way to swing an axe! (3/29/15)
- Specialized Sticks and Specialized Stickers (3/25/15)
- More Bullets is More Better – changes to RoF bonuses in GURPS (3/23/15)
- Designing Future Combatives Styles (3/21/15)
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- Robots After the End Designer’s Notes (4/22/16)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Creating “Beware the Boogeyman” – Part 1 (4/27/16) – As another convention approaches, I am hastily prepping my game. This time around it is a tale of the magical protectors who keep children safe from nightmares and evil as they sleep, and I continue the “Adventure Creation” series by talking about how that game goes from the spark of an idea to a ready-to-run adventure.
Fragments of the Last War (Bryan Timms)
- Its Hour Come Round at Last 1 (4/27/16)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Psi Wars: the Smuggler Template (4/28/16)
- Psi Wars: the Scavenger Template (4/27/16)
- Psi Wars: Revisiting Background Lenses with Technology (4/26/16) – Revamped Background Lenses from the lessons learned in Iteration 3
- Psi Wars: Revisiting the Templates with Technology! (4/25/16) – Revamped Templates from the lessons learned in Iteration 3
- Psi Wars: Technological Character Considerations (4/25/16)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Cheap Lousy Sacks for DF (4/28/16)
- Best Practices of DF Monster Stocking III (4/28/16)
- GURPS Gamma World, 20th Homeland – Session 7 – Boomtown II (4/26/16)
- Gamma Terra pre-summary (4/25/16)
- Best Practices of DF Monster Stocking II (4/23/16)
- Best Practices of DF Monster Stocking (4/22/16)
Game in the Brain (Justin Aquino)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- Lessons from Monteporte (4/24/16) – Two thoughts brought about from a D&D post that have broad applicability. Tangible play-aids help keep track of stuff in ways that a sheet of paper does not. And even player character have a sell-by date . . . or they should.
- Penang Review: After the End 2 – The New World (4/23/16) – Comprehensive review of GURPS After the End 2.
- GURPS Day Summary April 15 – April 21, 2016 (4/22/16)
No School Grognard (Mark Langsdorf)
Dice and Discourse (Joseph Mason)
- Warehouse 23 Top Ten (4/22/16)
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
- Sola Scriptura XI: DF 3, Chapter 3 (4/23/16)
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
- A Note and an NPC (4/27/16) – A light posting week.
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (4/29/16)
- Five Room Dungeon: Bottom of the Oasis (4/28/16) – Underwater adventures in the middle of a desert.
- Technique: “Sneaky Broom Neck Attack” (4/28/16) – I walk through the process briefly of creating a technique.
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy 7: Clerics (4/27/16) – Overall, good, but potentially superfluous, but with a lot of surprisingly useful bits betrayed by the overly narrow title.
- Disadvantage: Callous (4/26/16) – Thoughts on the Callous disadvantage and whether it is right or wrong for you.
- Character Build: Negotiation (4/24/16) – Resource on the basics of negotiations and references to find more information.
- CER: The Natural Encyclopedia: Orthos – Ray, Sting (Giant) (4/23/16)
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy 6: 40 Artifacts (4/22/16) – It’s exactly what it says on the cover, but I was secretly hoping for more.
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (4/22/16)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Boil and Bubble: The Return of Magic – After the End (4/26/16)
- The Hurt Locker: Shelter Building After the End (4/24/16)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- GURPS Fail: Garrotes and Targeted Attack (4/27/16) – Garrote has a funky interaction with a technique introduced in Tactical Shooting that bugs me.
- GURPS Fail: Digital Possession (4/23/16) – The Possession Advantage doesn’t really work well when you’re talking about taking over sessile computers in a modern setting without robots and androids running around.