Thursday is GURPSDay, and below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week, as of the end of the day on Thursday Central Time, there have been 40 GURPS-related posts as of 4pm from our list of 62 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen. (We picked up another one today! MoeLane.com.)
It’s also my wife’s birthday. Happy birthday, Alina!
We’re starting to hear rumblings about Sean’s new project, too. We know there was a big staff meeting, that it’s Dungeon Fantasy related, and that we should look for more information in the coming week.
Also: Pyramid was released today: Pyramid 3/94: Spaceships 3
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- Aborting Combat in GURPS (8/23/16) – Balancing GURPS combat is tricky for new GMs. This post discusses strategies to abort an unexpectedly dangerous encounter without leaving the players feel cheated.
PK’s Game Recaps and Tidbits (PK Levine)
- After the End: Week 19 (8/25/16) – The wastelanders are attacked in the night by a strange robot who seems truly sentient. Is this the first actual AI? The uploaded brain pattern of a scientist? Or something else?
Chain Link and Concrete (M. Eversberg II)
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
- Rituals for Pirates. Also, grenades. (8/26/16)
- Rituals For Pirates: “Keep Your Powder Dry” (8/23/16)
Worlds Beyond Earth (Derrick White)
- Monster Hunters: Between Man and Wolf (8/25/16)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (8/19/16)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- [Audio] Answering Reader Questions 01 (8/25/16) – Hopefully, today will see the upload of the first ever Game Geekery podcast, in which I answer a few questions posed by readers of the blog.
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary Aug 19 – Aug 25, 2016 (8/25/16)
- Aeon Campaign S3E6 – Interrogation (8/23/16) – In S3E6 of the Aeon campaign, we interrogate and debrief some of the people we extracted from the Blue Skies base. One is definitely a prisoner, while two are kidnap victims with varying level of moral integrity (and arrogance). We start to unravel the ‘what’ but not the ‘why’ and need to make plans for the future.
No School Grognard (Mark Langsdorf)
- Nu World Session 8 (8/21/16)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- Aeon C-Team S2E2: Never Gonna Make You Cry (8/25/16) – The C-Team holds a tear gas fiesta for a huge MORNING TIDE lab in downtown New York. Later, AEGIS’ resident mind reader discovers something troubling about one C-Team Member’s reason for being with the Subway.
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Martial Arts Analysis: Force Sword-And-Buckler Combat (8/24/16)
- Martial Arts Analysis: Ishin-Denshin (8/24/16) – an analysis of Inshin Denshin, a psionic hand-to-hand style by Christopher Rice, found in Pyramid #3-69, including its themes, how it’ll play out, how well it fits into the model of Psi-Wars, and what an Inshin Denshin practitioner might look like
- Martial Arts Analysis: Way of the Galaxy (8/23/16) – An analysis of Way of the Galaxy, a shootist style found in GURPS Gun Fu, including a look at the theory behind it, how it differs from Star Wars, what works, what doesn’t, and what it would take to make a decent character with it
- Martial Arts Analysis: Force-Swordsmanship (8/22/16) – An analysis of standard GURPS Force-Swordsmanship, including a look at the theory behind it, how it differs from Star Wars, what works, what doesn’t, and what it would take to make a decent character with it
- Martial Arts Analysis: Understanding GURPS (8/21/16) – An introduction to GURPS Martial Arts in the context of Psi-Wars, including a look at what its GM’s advice has to say about a campaign like Psi-Wars
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Grand Duchy 84 (8/25/16) – Griffin, Draven, Remar and Iris battle the undead in the Temple of Pflarr. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
Code by Clockwork (Jeff Demers)
- GURPS Calculator New Server! (8/21/16)
- Thoroughly Social (8/20/16)
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
Dice and Discourse (Joseph Mason)
- GURPS News and Wild Speculation (8/20/16)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (8/25/16)
- Review: Power-Ups 8 – Limitations (8/25/16) – I think it’s surprisingly good, but also pretty niche.
- City Stats: Vordtstadt (8/24/16) – Grimy cold factory town in a magical setting.
- Campaign Preparation: Things I think I Need To Do Better (8/23/16) – A hodgepodge of thoughts on things I’ve learned and experienced in a little over two years of GMing.
- City Stats:Goblin Mine – Ferrouskarr (8/22/16) – Industrial Revolution age goblin mine.
- City Stats: Stone Age Village (8/21/16) – A village on an island statted using city stats.
- Powers: Leveled Warp Advantage (8/20/16) – Application of using limitations to slowly acquire very expensive advantages.
- Campaign Preparation: Smoke on the Water – Warrior (8/19/16) – A 55 point template that brings a player most of the way towards making a suitable stone age hunter/warrior for a campaign I’m planning.
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- More Game Questions: Arm ST, Gift of Tongues, and self-learning (8/25/16)
- More bits from Sunday’s DF game session (8/23/16)
- DF Game Session 78, Felltower 51 – the Black Library (8/22/16)
- DF Session pre-summary (8/22/16)
Into the Storydark (Morgrim)
- [GURPs] Converting Morrowind (8/21/16) – Thinking what would be needed to play a game set in Morrowind
GURB- The Generic Universal Roleplaying Blog (The_RyujinLP)
- Better Living Through Superior Firepower (8/25/16) – In today’s post I stat up some generic plasma guns you can use as templates to put to use the tips and techniques I explained in Brand Loyalty. Think of it as homework… with guns!