Thursday is GURPSDay, but today is Sunday . . . I was up in Hackensack, MN for a week, the Land that Bandwidth Forgot. So now that I’m back, we’ll have a pair of GURPSDay posts with a scale-armor motif, in that this coming Thursday will cover from July 21-27 as usual. So without further ado:
Welcome to the second year of GURPSDay, and here’s the pull for this week.
We’re currently drawing content from 89 blogs. Only 11 more to go until we’re pulling from 100! But we’ll need your help.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Felltower today (7/23/17)
- GURPS Rules for Group Rolls (7/20/17)
- More thoughts on PI6 Druid Spells (7/19/17)
- Felltower NPC: Melchior the Malevolent (7/16/17)
- Countering Feints / Recovering from Feints (7/15/17)
- Skill-Based Beats (7/14/17)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- GURPS: Grab and Go (7/21/17) – Grab and Go is intended to be a one-stop landing page and guide to some of my best downloads and posts about streamlining GURPS rules and sheets when learning the system for the first time.
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
- Geek Fu [GURPS 4E] (7/21/17)
GURB- The Generic Universal Roleplaying Blog (The_RyujinLP)
- High-Tech: TL 8 Lasers (7/21/17)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- Ultra-Tech Rifle: From the ground up (7/22/17) – Finally I follow up on the accumulated tech notes with respect to GURPS TL9 rifle technology. I combine a few inventions with a few standard UT capabilities to provide a few guesses at capabilities for a proper TL9 rifle that’s a tetch higher performance than those in the Ultra-Tech book proper.
Frak Frel and Other F Words (Rigil Kent)
- GURPS, Dresden Files & White Court Vampires (7/19/17) – These are the current stats I’m using for White Court vampires for my GURPS: Monster Hunters game set in the Dresden Files universe. As a template, it’s too high but since there’s only a single White Court vamp in the gaming area, I’m okay with that.
- GURPS, Dresden Files & Jade Court Vampires (7/18/17) – Hashing out the Jade Court vampire stats for my GURPS: Monster Hunters game set in the Dresden Files universe using the jiangshi vampire from Horror as a basis. Since there is no canonical evidence about Jades in the DF books, I’m making it up as I go.
- Red Sky Volume 6 Planning, Session 5 (7/17/17) – Where I begin start hammering out the plot elements for session 5 of my GURPS: Monster Hunters game set in the Dresden Files universe. This part is mostly just thinking out loud as I effectively storyboard what is to come. As a result, this is more barebones than normal.
- Red Sky Volume 6 Planning, Session 4 (7/16/17) – Where I begin start hammering out the plot elements for session 4 of my GURPS: Monster Hunters game set in the Dresden Files universe. This part is mostly just thinking out loud as I effectively storyboard what is to come.
- Red Sky Volume 6 Planning, Session 3 (7/14/17) – Where I begin start hammering out the plot elements for session 3 of my GURPS: Monster Hunters game set in the Dresden Files universe. This part is mostly just thinking out loud as I effectively storyboard what is to come.
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
Dice and Lives (Joel Sammallahti)
Methods and Madness (Eric Diaz)
The Phantom’s Belch (Ted Brock)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Sorcery: Air Spells IV (7/23/17)
- Magic: Incarnum Spells (7/22/17)
- Sorcery: Bio-Tech Spells IV (7/21/17)
- Sorcery: Bio-Tech Spells III (7/20/17)
- Sorcery: Bio-Tech Spells II (7/19/17)
- Sorcery: Bio-Tech Spells I (7/18/17)
- Treasure: Special Materials V (7/17/17)
- Treasure: Special Materials IV (7/16/17)
- Sorcery: Necromantic Spells VII (7/15/17)
- Sorcery: Hellish Spells (7/14/17)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- PC Spotlight — Zander Starlane, Aristocratic Assassin (7/21/17)
- Patreon Preview: the Alliance (7/20/17)
- Alliance Militia Personnel (7/19/17)
- Alliance Militia Materiel (7/18/17)
- Alliance Militia (7/17/17)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
Olympus RPG Group (The Olympus RPG Group)
- GURPS: Traveller, “The New Deal” Session 3.06 (7/19/17) – Escaping from Focaline, the crew of the Aimless Pilgrim must elude a pair of Vargr corsairs and make their way to Corfu to rescue the young woman abducted by pirates. The latest adventure in our ongoing GURPS: Traveller campaign.
Armin’s GCA 5 Blog (Armin Sykes)
Fragments of the Last War (Bryan Timms)
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
- Game log for 16 July 2017: Don’t feed the trolls (7/20/17)
- Game log for 2 July 2017: Lots of bandits (7/16/17)
Panhumanity’s Edge (Christain Blouin)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 34 (7/20/17) – The Guardians help a wounded friend, gather some maps and are invited to a meeting with the leader of the Sea Harpies. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.