Welcome to the second year of GURPSDay, and here’s the morning pull for you guys.
We’re currently drawing content from 76 blogs. Only 24 more to go until we’re pulling from 100! But we’ll need your help.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days as of about 720am CST. 45posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
No School Grognard (Mark Langsdorf)
- Covert Social Engineering (2/13/17) : A review of the rules for finding a specific criminal, and coming up some rules for doing that while evading authority.
- New Dawn Session 5: A Trope Subverted (2/10/17) : The Resistance army rescues a smaller force, recruits more troops, does a little delving, and defeats the orcs to liberate Namdalside.
Fragments of the Last War (Bryan Timms)
- Its Hour Come Round at Last 16 (2/10/17)
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
- New Work coming soon! (2/14/17)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Patron Post: Power-Up Previews (2/15/17)
- Psi-Wars: Extreme Aliens! (2/15/17) – Okay, but what if you want a race that’s 200+ points? How do you handle that? Extreme Aliens looks at Race-as-Profession templates to handle the more expensive races, and uses Monster Hunters’ Reptoids as a worked example.
- Patreon Post: Building the Traders (2/15/17) – Want to have a say in the Psi-Wars setting? All $5+ Patrons now have polls for creating “the Traders,” an ancient race that competed with humanity over the galactic center
- Psi-Wars: Building Aliens Part 2: Mechanics and Templates (2/14/17) – A deeper look at the rules of building a good racial template, including a worked example that modifies and expands the Felinoid template from GURPS Characters
- Psi-Wars: Building Aliens part 1: Concept and Theme (2/13/17) – A look at the themes behind aliens in the context of Psi-Wars, using the categories given to us by GURPS Space as examples
- Aliens in Psi-Wars: Who they are and Where to find them (2/12/17) – Oh, I’ve been waiting for this week! We kick off a look at aliens, starting with what role our aliens will play in Psi-Wars, and where we can find existing aliens in GURPS
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow (for Orccon 2017) (2/16/17) – Game prep for the convention adventure “Hare Today, Gone Tomomrrow” is finished at last, and I’m very happy with the results. In today’s post, you can see what the game table will look like as well as download the full packet of GM notes, pre-gen characters, and NPC stats. I hope your gaming weekend is as great as mine will be enjoying Orccon 2017!
Chain Link and Concrete (M. Eversberg II)
- The PS-930 Ranger Body Armor (2/12/17)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (2/16/17)
- Encounter: (Inspired by Castlevania’s) Succubus (2/16/17) – Kinda love related, or the opposite of it really.
The Phantom’s Belch (Ted Brock)
- My Enemy, My Ally (2/13/17)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 21 (2/16/17) – The rest of the group is introduced to Fedik. Everyone argues about the morality of mind control. They follow up a lead at the Taxidermist’s Guildhouse. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
Octopus Carnival (Ubiratan Pires Alberton)
- Dragon’s Dogma Bestiary: Eyes (2/14/17)
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
- GURPS Supers Character: Korrasami (2/14/17)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Designer’s Notes: Impulse Control (2/17/17)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: What’s Love Got To Do With It? (2/14/17)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (2/10/17)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Monster: Giant Cockroach (2/16/17)
- Sorcery: Lightning Spells (2/15/17)
- Sorcery: Movement Spells (2/14/17)
- Sorcery: Air Spells III (2/13/17)
- Sorcery: Air Spells II (2/12/17)
- Sorcery: Mind Control Spells (2/11/17)
- Sorcery: Spells of the Past (2/10/17)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Loren Wiseman (2/16/17)
- DF Felltower: Minor Ring of Wishing (2/15/17)
- Session 85, Felltower 58 – Rotating Statue Puzzle Solved (2/14/17)
- Disadvantage swaps in DF Felltower (2/14/17)
- Felltower pre-summary (2/13/17)
- Disadvantages in my GURPS Game Part IV: Point Theory (2/10/17)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- Penumbra Alliance: Investigating Disappearances in New Bedford (Setup) (2/11/17) – Planning for my new IRL Monster Hunters campaign. What will the players discover when asked to investigate a string of disappearances?
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
Armin’s GCA 5 Blog (Armin Sykes)
- Bits be transformed, yo (2/11/17)
One Yard Hex (Paul Stefko)
GURB- The Generic Universal Roleplaying Blog (The_RyujinLP)
- Ultra Tech Quickie: Rattling and Gatling (2/16/17) – Nothing says I love you quit like a tri-barreled gatling laser.
Ra’s Head (Andrew)
Hard Maths (CTA)