Welcome to the second year of GURPSDay, and here’s the morning pull for you guys.
We’re currently drawing content from 81 blogs. Only 19 more to go until we’re pulling from 100! But we’ll need your help.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for as much as the script could pick up from today backwards to Jan 1, 2017. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Curious GURPS (Tom Vallejos)
- Begin At The Beginning (1/11/17) – My first post in Curious GURPS. I give a short summary of my gaming life. The end
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary Mar 10 – Mar 16, 2017 (3/16/17)
- GURPS Day Summary Mar 3 – Mar 9, 2017 (3/09/17)
- Aeon S4E9: Exposition and Dungeon Fantasy (3/07/17)
- GURPS Day Summary Feb 24 – Mar 2, 2017 (3/02/17)
- GURPS Day Summary Feb 17 – Feb 23, 2017 (2/23/17)
- Aeon Campaign S4E8: Where’s my mummy (2/21/17)
- GURPS Day Summary Feb 10 – Feb 16, 2017 (2/16/17)
- Aeon Campaign S4E7: Executive Disorder (2/14/17)
- GURPS Day Summary Feb 3 – Feb 9, 2017 (2/09/17)
- Aeon S4E5 and S4E6 (2/07/17)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Patreon Posts: The Empire and the Emperor (3/15/17) – A Patreon Post: the Empire is available to all $3+ patrons, and the Emperor polls are open for $5+
- Designing Organizations: Overview and Empire (3/15/17) – A look at what any action-oriented organization needs, and a broad outline of the Empire as a worked example
- Patreon Post: Trader Tech (3/15/17) – The document for my $3+ Patrons regarding the technology for the new alien race: the Traders
- Patreon Post: The Final Traders Document (3/14/17) – The document for my $3+ Patrons regarding the new alien race: the Traders
- Patreon Post: The Traders Poll Results (3/13/17) – The poll results for my $5+ Patrons regarding the new alien race: the Traders
- Patreon Post: A First Draft Historical Timeline (3/09/17)
- Psi-Wars History 3: The Roots of Communion (3/08/17) – How do philosophies arise? And how do they die? A look at Judaism, early Christianity, Buddhist and Brahmanical thought, and the rise and fall of truly ancient civilizations, and how we can apply these lessons to the rise of Communion
- Psi-Wars History Part 2: The History of the Space Knight (3/07/17) – A look at samurai, the Knights Templar, various warrior-monk traditions (some stranger than others) and how we can apply these lessons to create a context for our mystical space knights
- Psi-Wars History Part 1: The History of the Empire (3/06/17) – Herein, I discuss the point of history, why it matters and why it doesn’t, and some models for putting a history together, plus a discussion of how much history Psi-Wars needs
- The History of Psi-Wars (3/05/17) – Herein, I discuss the point of history, why it matters and why it doesn’t, and some models for putting a history together, plus a discussion of how much history Psi-Wars needs
- Hunting for Inspiration II: Stranger than Fiction (3/01/17)
- Hunting for Inspiration I: Better Stories Than Mine (2/28/17)
- Psi-Wars: First Steps to a Setting (2/27/17)
- Psi-Wars: A Manifesto on Setting Design (2/26/17)
- The State of the Patreon: March (2/23/17) – The state of the Patreon, including an announcement regarding Orphans of the Stars, a political setting inspired by Dune that I’ve been hired to write for
- Ending Iteration 5… and Beginning Iteration 6 (2/22/17) – Iteration 5 is done! Get your fresh Psi-Wars documents here!
- The Traders Part 2: Culture (2/22/17) – Want to have a say in the Psi-Wars setting? All $5+ Patrons now have polls for expanding the culture of “the Traders,” an ancient race that competed with humanity over the galactic center
- Patron Post: The Traders (First Draft) (2/21/17) – The results of the Traders’ polls are in, and the first template for the first alien race in Psi-Wars is complete. Available to all $3+ Patrons
- Patron Post: Power-Up Previews (2/15/17)
- Psi-Wars: Extreme Aliens! (2/15/17) – Okay, but what if you want a race that’s 200+ points? How do you handle that? Extreme Aliens looks at Race-as-Profession templates to handle the more expensive races, and uses Monster Hunters’ Reptoids as a worked example.
- Patreon Post: Building the Traders (2/15/17) – Want to have a say in the Psi-Wars setting? All $5+ Patrons now have polls for creating “the Traders,” an ancient race that competed with humanity over the galactic center
- Psi-Wars: Building Aliens Part 2: Mechanics and Templates (2/14/17) – A deeper look at the rules of building a good racial template, including a worked example that modifies and expands the Felinoid template from GURPS Characters
- Psi-Wars: Building Aliens part 1: Concept and Theme (2/13/17) – A look at the themes behind aliens in the context of Psi-Wars, using the categories given to us by GURPS Space as examples
- Aliens in Psi-Wars: Who they are and Where to find them (2/12/17) – Oh, I’ve been waiting for this week! We kick off a look at aliens, starting with what role our aliens will play in Psi-Wars, and where we can find existing aliens in GURPS
- Patreon Post: Rethinking Communion (2/08/17)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Grand Duchy 98 (3/16/17) – The Grey Company are led across the Valley by their new Hutaakan companion, Kasiex. Their destination is the Vault of Elders. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
- Sundered Lands 23 (3/02/17) – Arn and his companions take some time to interrogate Eliar Peake, a Sea Harpy thug. He spills the beans and the companions develop a plan. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Sundered Lands 22.1 (2/23/17) – The group fights their way into the Taxidermist’s Guildhall. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Sundered Lands 22.2 (2/23/17) – Fortis and Seeker keep an eye on the street while the others move in. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Sundered Lands 22.3 (2/23/17) – Moonscar approaches the guildhall from the rear, staking out Dead Dog Alley and engaging some thugs there. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Sundered Lands 21 (2/16/17) – The rest of the group is introduced to Fedik. Everyone argues about the morality of mind control. They follow up a lead at the Taxidermist’s Guildhouse. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Grand Duchy 97 (2/09/17) – The Grey Company spends time doing some research and meets a new friend, Kasiex, a Hutaakan Wildsteward. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
- Grand Duchy 96 (1/19/17) – The Grey Company searches (and prays) for clues that will lead them to answers of all the problems that lay before them. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
- Sundered Lands 20.1 (1/12/17) – Fortis and Arn go on a shopping trip and “make” a new friend. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Grand Duchy 95 (1/12/17) – The Grey Company learns more about their Hutakan friends and travel with them to their stronghold, Byxata. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
- Sundered Lands 20 (1/12/17) – The party regroups, makes some plans, goes shopping, performs physical labor and divines the future. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Sundered Lands 19 (1/05/17) – Seeker and Silver swim for their lives and find who they are looking for. The group then has to figure out another way back to the surface. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Grand Duchy 94 (1/05/17) – The Grey Company discusses how to appropriately deal with a spider’s nest. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
Book and Sword (Sean Manning)
Karl Gallagher’s Journal (Karl K Gallagher)
- The Last Discworld Adventure (2/01/17)
Armin’s GCA 5 Blog (Armin Sykes)
- Bits of melted brain (3/02/17)
- A hodge podge of bits and bobs (2/21/17)
- Bits be transformed, yo (2/11/17)
- Bits of default hell (2/04/17)
- Transmogrified bits (1/28/17)
- Move bits (1/25/17)
- Bits of housekeeping inactivity (1/17/17)
- Data File Features (1/14/17)
- For want of a bit (1/08/17)
- Bits of verbosity (1/08/17)
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Pseudobot: Fright Checks (3/14/17)
- GCalc: Little known Feature – Auto CER Calculator (3/10/17)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (2/23/17)
- Recap: Void Ventures – Session 4 (2/23/17) – Short boss fight.
- Recap: Void Ventures – Session 3 (2/17/17) – Dead dino.
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (2/16/17)
- Encounter: (Inspired by Castlevania’s) Succubus (2/16/17) – Kinda love related, or the opposite of it really.
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (2/09/17)
- Recap: Void Ventures – Session 2 (2/09/17) – Killer bubbles.
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (2/02/17)
- Recap: Silly Romperoo, Season 1 Episode 13 (1/30/17) – I don’t want to remember it, really.
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (1/26/17)
- Character Building: Ice Abilities (1/26/17) – Reference for canonical abilities and examples that fall under an ice or cold theme.
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (1/19/17)
- Recap: Silly Romperoo, Season 1 Episode 12 (1/19/17) – Lots of exploration, and a light at the end of the tunnel maybe?
- Social Contract: Silly Romperoo (1/17/17) – My online introductory Dungeon Fantasy game.
- Recap: Void Ventures – Session 1 (1/17/17) – Zombies and bugs!
- Recap: Silly Romperoo, Season 1 Episode 11 (1/13/17) – A fairly straightforward session.
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (1/12/17)
- Recap: Silly Romperoo, Season 1 Episode 10 (1/12/17) – Arm comes off, and goes back on.
- Character Building: Jezebel Schwarz, Futuristic Swashbuckler Cat Girl (1/10/17) – Is she going to die?
- Recap: Silly Romperoo, Season 1 Episode 9 (1/06/17) – No one died.
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (1/05/17)
- Recap: Silly Romperoo, Season 1 Episode 8 (1/05/17) – Respite and detours.
- Recap: Silly Romperoo, Season 1 Episode 7 (1/03/17) – A slow, high tension battle is finally over.
Orbs and Balrogs (Christian Blouin)
- Social Butterfly: random social networking for new characters (3/15/17)
- Bretwalda – The Abbey of Brixworth pt. 1 (3/11/17)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Sorcery: Radiation Spells (3/16/17)
- Sorcery: Metal and Plastic Spells (3/15/17)
- Sorcery: Knowledge Spells (3/14/17)
- Sorcery: Power Spells (3/13/17)
- Sorcery: Machine Spells III (3/12/17)
- Sorcery: Machine Spells II (3/11/17)
- Magic: Sample Symbol Lexicons (3/10/17)
- Sorcery: Machine Spells (3/09/17)
- Sorcery: Exotic Senses (3/08/17)
- Psionics: Energy Blasting (3/07/17)
- Sorcery: Food Spells II (3/06/17)
- Sorcery: Food Spells (3/05/17)
- Sorcery: Making & Breaking Spells (3/04/17)
- Martial Art: Spinemeld Warrior Style (3/03/17)
- Recap: Eggplant Strategy Playtest #1 (3/02/17)
- Sorcery: Possession Spells (3/01/17)
- Sorcery: Fuel Spells (2/28/17)
- Sorcery: Communication & Empathy Spells (2/27/17)
- Sorcery: Body Control Buffs (2/26/17)
- Martial Art: Meditation of War (2/25/17)
- Martial Art: The Gentle Way (2/24/17)
- Martial Art: Foot and Fist (2/23/17)
- Martial Art: Mighty Works (2/22/17)
- Martial Art: Empty Hand (2/21/17)
- Monster: Grell (2/20/17)
Code by Clockwork (Jeff Demers)
- GURPS Calculator 2.6: Monster Repository (2/23/17)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (3/10/17)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (3/03/17)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (2/24/17)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (2/17/17)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (2/10/17)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (2/03/17)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (1/27/17)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (1/20/17)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (1/07/17)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- Penumbra Alliance: Investigating Disappearances in New Bedford (Setup) (2/11/17) – Planning for my new IRL Monster Hunters campaign. What will the players discover when asked to investigate a string of disappearances?
- Aeon C-Team S304: We Leverage Nation Security to get Free McDonalds (2/07/17)
- Aeon C-Team S303: Guess who got Their Kestrel VTOL Shot Down? (1/26/17)
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
- Snowed under again! (2/03/17)
- DF Session 1: Whispers in the Dark (1/23/17)
- Session report on the way! (1/22/17)
- A Curse Tablet (1/20/17)
- Creating a “Guide” NPC for my new campaign (1/19/17)
- Rules I forgot last session! (1/16/17)
- New Group, New Campaign: Reflections on Session One (1/15/17)
- Creating Frith, the Sheltered City (1/12/17)
- My Letter to my Players (1/11/17)
- Thoughts on Setting up a Regular Game (1/10/17)
One Yard Hex (Paul Stefko)
- Adapting GURPS Dungeon Fantasy to Karthun (3/16/17)
- GURPS Karthun: Elves (3/09/17)
- GURPS Karthun: Magebound Weapon (3/02/17)
- Space Patrol: Index (2/23/17)
- Space Patrol: Lt. Alpha-Blue (2/16/17)
- Space Patrol: Second Lieutenant Abe Driscoll (2/10/17)
- Space Patrol: Ensign Jeremy Onkole (2/02/17)
- GURPS After The End Loadouts: Shrink (1/26/17)
- GURPS After The End Loadouts: Medic (1/25/17)
- GURPS After The End Loadouts: Herbalist (1/24/17)
- GURPS After The End Loadouts: Chemist (1/23/17)
- Space Patrol: Sergeant Anne-Marie Duscat (1/19/17)
- Discworld RPG Review (1/12/17)
- What Am I Playing/Running Right Now? (1/10/17)
- GURPS Mars Attacks Review (1/05/17)
- Games I’m Hoping To Run or Play In 2017 (1/04/17)
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
- The Six Terrible Books of Earth. [GURPS Banestorm] (3/16/17)
- The Templar Shropshire Trap [GURPS 4e] (3/10/17)
- Tetrachromancy [GURPS 4e] (3/10/17)
- Infinite Worlds: Clinic [Quantum 7] [GURPS] (2/26/17)
- Choir (TRAPPIST-1 star system) [GURPS] (2/23/17)
- GURPS Infinite Worlds: Breckinridge [GURPS] (2/17/17)
- Mermaids [GURPS] (2/15/17)
- Servitors [8 pt] [GURPS] (2/09/17)
- Creature Seed: Pollies [GURPS] (2/02/17)
- Magic-Focused Talents for GURPS. [GURPS] (1/30/17)
- Item Seed: Winston Churchill’s Walking Cane. (1/25/17)
- Steve Jackson Games doing more with Amazon Createspace. (1/20/17)
Hard Maths (CTA)
- Ad Astra: Breaching Pods (3/16/17)
- Ars Mundi: The Gravity Highway (3/01/17) – A way to use an odd form of gravity manipulation technology to create a fast transit network around the solar system.
- Ad Astra: Gravitic Propulsion (2/27/17) – A look at how gravitics can be used for spacecraft propulsion, and a mix of discussion about look, feel and setting assumptions, plus some new spaceships systems.
- Equipment Locker: Beam SMGs and Beam Staffs (2/23/17) – A small additional expansion for the beam weapons design system, featuring two new weapon form factors.
- Ad Astra: New Propulsion Options (2/21/17) – A grab-bag of propulsion systems and options for spacecraft.
- Review: Ultra-Tech Print-On-Demand (2/15/17) – A quick review of the print-on-demand version of Ultra-Tech I recently bought from Amazon.
- Ad Astra: Shift Drive (2/14/17) – A new form of faster than light drive, with unique rules for interstellar travel.
- Meta: One Year Blogiversary (2/09/17)
- Meta: D’oh! (1/26/17)
- Equipment Locker: Mystery Crate I (1/23/17)
- Equipment Locker: Lightning Guns, Galvanised (1/19/17) – A brief update of my older “lethal electrolasers” post.
- Playbook: Attribute Penalties in Different Gravity (1/15/17) – A clearer and simpler alternative to the rules for actions in different gravity than the ones offered in Basic Set.
- Grimoire: Elemental Melee Spells (1/12/17) – A few new spells for elemental melee weapons.
- Cross-Post: First GURPSday 2017 (1/11/17)
- Ars Mundi: Coldfire (1/10/17) – An abberant form of fire that turns fuel into cold, not heat!
- Dramatis Personae: Monica Harmann, Street Speedster (1/05/17) – An ordinary college student at NYU with no distinguishing features… except she can run as fast as a car.
- Equipment Locker: Prismatic Muskets (1/02/17) – An expansion to my previous post on redpowder, with more detailed equipment, rules and options.
No School Grognard (Mark Langsdorf)
- New Dawn Session 8: The Going Gets Tough (3/07/17) : The Resistance goes to explore an evil sorcerer-general’s castle, and finds outs to their dismay that evil sorcerers-general can teleport home in a hurry when they need to.
- New Dawn Session 7: (Some) Orcs Are Stupid (3/03/17) : The PCs, having infiltrated a castle, take it over and use it as base to liberate the countryside from the orcs.
- New Dawn Session 6: Orcs are Jerks (2/17/17) : The Resistance infiltrates an orc castle and wackiness ensues.
- Covert Social Engineering (2/13/17) : A review of the rules for finding a specific criminal, and coming up some rules for doing that while evading authority.
- New Dawn Session 5: A Trope Subverted (2/10/17) : The Resistance army rescues a smaller force, recruits more troops, does a little delving, and defeats the orcs to liberate Namdalside.
- Giants throwing boulders in GURPS (2/07/17) : I play with the math of the GURPS throwing rules for very strong combatants, and come up with a better solution using the slam rules.
- Some More Experiences With Technical Grappling (2/04/17) : I evaluate my group’s experience with Technical Grappling, and conclude that the minor permanent increase in complexity sometimes pays off but its very borderline.
- New Dawn Session 4: On the Misapplication of Forces (2/03/17) : The Resistance Leaders at Camp Liberty fight a horrible monster, while the Resistance army conquers the orc stronghold of Swartun but lets the orc field army get away.
- Defense Strategies in Mass Combat (1/31/17) : A quick review of the ways to get a Defense Bonus in Mass Combat
- New Dawn Session 3: Wight Men Can’t Jump (1/27/17) : A group of adventurers investigate a heavily trapped ruin and encounter a bunch of ghouls.
- New Dawn Session 2 (1/20/17) : In the second session of the New Dawn campaign, the PCs reorganize their army and strike north, until to discover the orcs are on the move. The group as a whole discovers some issues with the Mass Combat rules, and some fixes and retcons are performed after the game.
- Mass Combat: Battle Experience and Cadres (1/15/17) : Some house rules for GURPS Mass Combat, dealing with improving the quality of your troops through battle experience and merging existing experienced units with new hires to improve their experience.
- New Dawn Session 1 (1/13/17) : In the first session of the New Dawn campaign, the PCs ambushed an orc patrol, recruited a small army, and had an overwhelming victory in their first Mass Battles combat.
- New Dawn: Anticipation (1/12/17) : I’m starting my new mass battles fantasy game tonight and reflecting on some decisions and campaign features while I wait.
- Enchantment Through Deeds (1/10/17)
Worlds Beyond Earth (Derrick White)
- Vanishing Scout Bush (2/23/17)
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- Pyramid 99: Death and Beyond (3/06/17)
- Pyramid 98: Welcome to Dungeon Fantasy (2/18/17)
- GURPS house rule: completion time (2/03/17)
- Pyramid 97: Strange Powers (1/12/17)
PK’s Game Recaps and Tidbits (PK Levine)
- After the End: Weeks 23-24 (1/07/17) – The standoff between the mutants and tribesfolk reaches a potentially peaceful outcome . . . until the opening of a hidden bunker and one PC’s obstinence pushes things back to the boiling point.
- Madness Dossier: Week 20 (1/07/17) – The Sandmen learn that the enemy has created a glyph that may doom the entire world via solipsism. Can they get to the police station in time to stop it, and will Edgar’s use of psychotronic drugs make this his last mission?
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
- GURPS Supers Character: Korrasami (2/14/17)
- GURPS Supers Character: Jade Rocket (2/08/17)
- Pirates! Session #5: “Operation Greasy Jesus” (2/07/17)
- Pirates! Session #4 (1/08/17)
- Living Bullet (1/06/17)
Chain Link and Concrete (M. Eversberg II)
- Infantry Fighting Positions: A Textbook Example (3/02/17)
- The M113 Armored Personnel Carrier (2/18/17)
- The PS-930 Ranger Body Armor (2/12/17)
- The All-purpose, Lightweight, Individual, Carrying Equipment (2/03/17)
- Chain Link and Concrete: 2016 in Review (1/01/17)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Location, Location, Location! (3/08/17) – In combat, WHERE you hit an enemy can make as much of a difference as HOW MUCH damage you inflict. Today we’ll look at how the same gunshot wound affects the different hit locations from GURPS Campaigns, pp. 398-399.
- Phoenix Sheet for GURPS Character Assistant (3/02/17) – An overview of the most excellent Phoenix character sheet for the GURPS Character Assistant, and a few of the many ways it can be configured.
- “Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow,” Post-Con Wrap Up (2/22/17) – An after-action report of how the “Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow” adventure played out at the convention game table this past weekend. Three different groups played through, with very different player compositions and similarities/differences in how they approached the story.
- Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow (for Orccon 2017) (2/16/17) – Game prep for the convention adventure “Hare Today, Gone Tomomrrow” is finished at last, and I’m very happy with the results. In today’s post, you can see what the game table will look like as well as download the full packet of GM notes, pre-gen characters, and NPC stats. I hope your gaming weekend is as great as mine will be enjoying Orccon 2017!
- Creating “Hare Today…” – Part 2 (2/09/17) – In Part 2 of the creation of the convention game “Hare Today, Gone Tomomrrow,” the latest in the “Adventure Creation” series, I expand the vague ideas from Part 1 into concrete scenes and a story, and update the PCs themselves.
- GURPS Skills: How Do I… (2/02/17) – A helpful overview of the most common skills an adventurer might need to perform various tasks in GURPS, in the format of “I want to [BLANK] someone/something.” Are there any I missed?
- Favorite RPG Moments in TV and Movies (1/26/17) – A look back at some of my favorite RPG moments from TV and movies over the years. Not an exhaustive list by any means, just ones that made an impact. What are some of yours?
- Creating “Hare Today…” – Part 1 (1/19/17) – With the passing of Richard Adams on Christmas Eve, I will be running another ‘Bunnies and Burrows’ game for Orccon 2017, this one entitled “Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow.” Today’s post is Part 1 of the usual brainstorming and dissection of writing that game, for the ongoing “Adventure Creation” series.
- Requiem, The Cartoon Finale (1/12/17) – The notes and characters for a one-shot convention game based on Requiem, the final, unproduced script of the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon. Face Venger for one last confrontation!
- Streamlined Spell Casting (1/05/17) – A very simple and freeform magic system for powerful spell casters with unpredictable results!
Path of Houserules (Sciencezam)
- Arcana Abilities: Hanged Man (2/28/17)
- Arcana Abilities: The Devil (2/17/17)
- Heaven’s Fists: Bravo Company Order of Battle (1/25/17)
- Heaven’s Fists players document (1/21/17)
- GURPS Mass Combat Index (1/20/17)
- Society and Culture on Guyver-1 (1/12/17)
Fragments of the Last War (Bryan Timms)
- Its Hour Come Round at Last 2.0 – Volume Two: MI-18 (3/13/17)
- Fragments of the Last War 2.0 – Volume Two: The Cymru Wardens (2/17/17)
- Its Hour Come Round at Last 1.16 (2/10/17)
- Its Hour Come Round at Last 1.15 (1/02/17)
GURPS Overhaul (Varyon)
Improvised Radio Theatre – With Dice (RogerBW)
- A Complete Pain, Because They Have Principles (3/01/17)
- Watching Robert Go Geeble (2/01/17)
- The Wish-Fulfilment Oyster (1/01/17)
Of Paper Men and Plastic Monsters (Cole Jenkins)
- Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected (1/17/17)
Apocalyptic Analysis (Jake Bernstein)
- Avoiding Choice Paralysis in GURPS Campaign Planning (1/19/17) – First new post in a while! Let’s analyze avoidance of choice paralysis.
Illias.de My Rolling Thoughts (stPete)
- Another Try to GURPS (2/01/17)
- A Night of Troubleshooting (1/17/17)
- Meet Làndoril (1/10/17)
- Introducing Illias (1/09/17)
A Literate Programmer’s Blog (The Literate Programmer)
- Swiss-Sided Dice: A new Podcast (2/27/17) I started a podcast with my GURPS group
- Dust Session Four (1/09/17) I played in the third session of the Dust campaign
- Dust Session Three (1/08/17) I played in the third session of the Dust campaign
The Phantom’s Belch (Ted Brock)
- My Enemy, My Ally (2/13/17)
T Bone’s GURPS Diner (T Bone)
- Gaming Tips: Taking your chances on 3d6 (3/08/17)
- Get Religion with Dungeon Fantasy 7: Clerics (2/27/17)
- Delving dungeons four ways with GURPS (2/25/17)
- GURPS’ next big release gears up to tackle… the dungeon!? (2/18/17)
- Cardboard Heroes artist hard at work on new figures for GURPS Dungeon Fantasy boxed set? (2/09/17)
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
- Game log for 30 January 2017: It’s booty time, booty time, ‘cross the lands of Nandêmē (1/30/17)
- Game log for 15 January 2017: New guy gets the glowing, spongy ball (1/16/17)
- Game log for New Years Day 2017: Rats! (1/03/17)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Aeon V-Team S01E02 – Down the Rabbit Hole (3/14/17)
- Aeon V-Team S01E01 – Mall Madness (3/10/17)
- Triple Threat: Skull Crab (3/07/17)
- Carpe Blogiem: March Patreon Surprise! (3/05/17)
- Boil and Bubble: Thaumaturgic Ritual Path Magic (3/05/17)
- The Hurt Locker: More Psi-Tech I (3/05/17)
- Aeon D-Team S01E04 – Pimp My Ride (3/02/17)
- Aeon D-Team S01E03 – Winds of Change (3/01/17)
- Carpe Blogiem: Why GURPS? (2/23/17)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: Shut up and Roll! (2/21/17)
- Designer’s Notes: Impulse Control (2/17/17)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: What’s Love Got To Do With It? (2/14/17)
- Designer’s Notes: Necro-Psi (2/09/17)
- Carpe Blogeim: A Patron Reviews Patreon (2/08/17)
- Boil and Bubble: Mahotsukai Ritual Path Magic (2/04/17)
- GURPS101: More Telepathy Powers for Psionic Powers II (2/04/17)
- Carpe Blogiem: Aeon Handouts I (2/04/17)
- Designer’s Notes: The Monstrous Monstroum (2/03/17)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: Dealing With Player Turnover (1/26/17)
- Carpe Blogiem: Aeon Team Rosters – Part V (1/24/17)
- Carpe Blogiem: Aeon Team Rosters – Part IV (1/19/17)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: Fairy Rings (1/12/17)
Shooting Dice (Hans-Christian Vortisch)
- High-Tech: Infinite Weapons (2/17/17)
- Gangster Gats: James “Mad Bomber” Belcastro, Vampire Hunter? (2/08/17)
- Shopping Spree: Bannerman (1927) (2/02/17)
- Tactical Shooting: The Way of the Gun (1/05/17)
Libris Ludorum (Nemoricus)
- Review: Psi Wars February and Mid-March Patreon (3/16/17)
- Review: Pyramid #3/98 Introduction to Dungeon Fantasy (3/13/17)
- Ravens N’ Pennies March Patreon Review (3/10/17)
- Psi Wars: Balancing Player-Created and Found Relics (3/08/17)
- Psi Wars: Empowering Artifacts in Play (3/07/17)
- Psi Wars: Empowering Artifacts (3/07/17)
- Review: Psi Wars (2/26/17)
- Review: Pyramid #3/100: Pyramid Secrets (2/20/17)
- Review: Pyramid #3/99: Death and Beyond (2/04/17)
- Musings on Ultra-Tech (2/03/17)
- An Introduction (2/01/17)
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- Discworld Roleplaying Game Review (1/05/17) – The Discworld Roleplaying Game, powered by GURPS, promises adventures inspired by one of the great storytellers of the last century. Discworld fans and GURPS players alike have lots of appreciate in this work from Pratchett and Phil Masters.
- Balancing GURPS Combat: Odds to Hit (1/03/17) – One of the keys to being a confident GURPS GM is to understand how to create combat encounters that are balanced to the party’s abilities. This post will look at a critical element of combat balance: how likely each side is to land blows.
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
Orbital Vagaries (Christian Blouin)
- Social Butterfly: random social networking for new characters (3/15/17)
- Bretwalda – The Abbey of Brixworth pt. 1 (3/11/17)
GURB- The Generic Universal Roleplaying Blog (The_RyujinLP)
- Spaceships Quickie: A Spaceship for any Size and for any Occasion (3/16/17) – Got a ship you want to design using GURPS Spaceships but none of the offered ship sizes work for you? Well step on down to your local certified GURB dealership. We spaceships for any size or for any occasion!
- Spaceships Quickie: Surviable Spaceships (3/09/17) – Tired of hearing, “You sank my space battleship!” when using GURPS Spaceships? Wish that ships made with this system were just a little more survivable? Well wonder no more! For this weeks GURPSday post we’re gonna make space combat a little less scary!
- Warheads R Us (3/02/17) – One thing I think we can all agree on is when it comes to explody goodness, big enough is never enough…
- Ultra-Tech Super Quickie: Someone Already Beat Me to Updating the ETC Rules (2/18/17)
- Ultra Tech Quickie: Rattling and Gatling (2/16/17) – Nothing says I love you quit like a tri-barreled gatling laser.
- Freeze! (1/26/17)
- Ultra-Tech Quickie: More Blaster and Laser Design System Tweaks (1/22/17)
- PC Master Race: Upgrading your Ultra-Tech Computing Experience. (1/19/17) – Upgrading your PC’s computer can be an important part of many game settings but sadly GURPS can be a little lacking when it comes to upgrade options. Well, let’s see if we can do something to remedy this situation shall we?
- Ultra-Tech Quickie: Do You Have The Strength? (1/18/17)
- Ultra-Tech Quickie: MOAR DAKKA! (1/17/17)
Further Up the Spire (Archon Shiva)
- Session: Sweet Sixteen (2/26/17) – Mistzy becomes a woman and the party frees a mysterious prisoner.
- Soundscapes: Audio Setup (2/24/17) – How I set up my soundscapes. Also, new PMG audio KS.
- Year Two Summary (2/23/17) – Second annual campaign tally of NPC interactions
- Session: Adventure Tours (2/17/17) – The party runs an adventure for the GM’s NPCs.
- Session: The Stockyards (1/17/17) – Sneaking into the stockyards to vaccinate cows.
- Session: Ras’ku-ten (1/05/17) – Assault on the spell-less lich’s sanctum.
- Automated Potions (1/03/17) – Simple rules for stocking potion catalogs on the fly
- Campaign Social Contract (1/01/17) – Filling out Pseudonym’s fundamentals.
Ra’s Head (Andrew)
- Session 6 (3/16/17)
- Making Random Wizards Part 1: Magic Innate Attacks (Fire and Lightning) (3/14/17)
- Reflection on Session 5 (3/11/17)
- Session 5 (3/09/17)
- Spells as Powers (2/28/17)
- Reflection on Session 4 (2/25/17)
- Session 4 (2/23/17)
- Character Progression (2/21/17)
- Reflection on Session 3 (2/18/17)
- Session 3 (2/16/17)
Dice and Discourse (Joseph Mason)
- Fifth Realm: The Story So Far… (3/14/17)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- How I view Restocking vs. Reinforcing (3/16/17)
- The “Walked Two Miles Uphill in the Snow to Game” Story (3/14/17)
- eBay auctions (3/13/17)
- DF Felltower: Entrances (updated 3/12/2017) (3/12/17)
- GURPS DF Felltower Wizard & Druid Spell Costs (3/09/17)
- GURPS DF Fellower Healing Costs (3/08/17)
- Reducing magic item purchases – how is it going? (3/07/17)
- DF Felltower Update – Rumors, Restocking, Remapping (3/05/17)
- Salaried Allies? (3/02/17)
- Hireling or Dependent? (3/01/17)
- More Session Notes for Session 86 (2/28/17)
- DF Felltower, Session 86, Felltower 59 – I Wish (2/27/17)
- Felltower Game Prep Notes (2/26/17)
- What are hirelings good for? (2/24/17)
- What’s money for in GURPS DF Felltower? (2/23/17)
- Reigning in magical item purchase in my DF game (2/22/17)
- What non-combat skills do they bring to the DF table? (Cleric, Druid, Scout) (2/21/17)
- Expanded Realistic Injury in Pyramid (2/20/17)
- Hireling availability in Stericksburg (2/19/17)
- More on Loren Wiseman (2/17/17)
- Loren Wiseman (2/16/17)
- DF Felltower: Minor Ring of Wishing (2/15/17)
- Session 85, Felltower 58 – Rotating Statue Puzzle Solved (2/14/17)
- Disadvantage swaps in DF Felltower (2/14/17)
- Felltower pre-summary (2/13/17)
The Fossilized GURPS Blog (Fossilized Rappy)
- [HWBS] Joe and Jane Mundane: An Introduction to Everyday People (2/24/17)
- Creatures of Fallen Stars: Winged Things (2/09/17)
- What’s in a Name?: Looking Past the Labels in GURPS Traits (2/02/17)
- You Don’t Need to Play a Setting to Find it Valuable (1/27/17)
- Hidden Worlds and Buried Secrets: The Otherworld (1/19/17)
- Creatures of Fallen Stars: Water Monsters (1/12/17)
- Fallen Stars: Psychic Powers (1/12/17)
- Nations of Fallen Stars: The Atlantic American States (1/05/17)
- Hidden Worlds and Buried Secrets: The Ways of Magic (1/03/17)
Octopus Carnival (Ubiratan Pires Alberton)
- Dragon’s Dogma Bestiary: Cyclopes (3/14/17)
- Operation BRUTAL ADVENT, Part 2 (3/05/17)
- Dragon’s Dogma Bestiary: Gargoyles (2/27/17)
- GURPS X-COM: Operation BRUTAL ADVENT, Part 1 (2/25/17)
- Pathfinder Iconics in Dungeon Fantasy: Seoni (2/20/17)
- GURPS X-COM: Campaign Setup (2/18/17)
- Dragon’s Dogma Bestiary: Eyes (2/14/17)
- Dragon’s Dogma Bestiary: The Undead (2/06/17)
- Elemental Weapon Spells on Hard Maths (2/02/17)
- Mooks & Minions in GURPS: Octopus Carnival Edition (1/26/17)
World of Domibia (Canology)