As always, Thursday is GURPSDay! But I missed a day, so here you go. Today marks a slightly new phase in how GURPSDay is presented, to make sure every post gets caught. I’ll be going back THREE weeks each report, rather than one. So posts will get some repeat views and if you miss one script pull, you’ll get two more chances.
In big news for Gaming Ballistic, we’re entering the fulfillment phase of several projects. I can happily report that the international copies of Lost Hall of Tyr (2nd Edition) have finally arrived at the fulfillment center, after many trials and tribulations with the printer. Citadel at Nordvorn goes into PDF delivery mode over the next few days as well, with Fantastic Dungeon Grappling going out today, and Hall of Judgment (2nd Edition) following shortly thereafter. Pretty much all the “already done” PDFs should be headed out to backers by the end of the weekend . . . and I’m doing my level best to have a readable, as complete as possible PDF of Nordvorn Monday or Tuesday.
GURPSDay is starting its sixth – GURPSDay started in February 2013, a year after I started Gaming Ballistic. Things have slowed down a bit, and I’ll be considering how to revitalize this weekly activity. I’d like to see an average of 100 posts here per week – one per blog, ish – so we’ll see what we can do to get creative juiced flowing.
If you just started a GURPS blog – and I know that some of you have – email me and get on the list! With the advent of the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, Powered by GURPS, there’s even more reason to write.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- Citadel at Nordvorn: Fulfillment Begins today! (4/19/19)
- Session Report – Nordvorn at FNORDCon (Carl Patten) (4/12/19)
- Thursday is GURPSDay! Apr 5 to Apr 11, 2019 (4/12/19)
- Gaming Ballistic is off to FNORDCon! (4/05/19)
- Thursday is GURPSDay! March 15 to April 4, 2019 (4/04/19)
- The Citadel at Norðvorn: Pre-orders are open on Backerkit! (4/03/19)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (4/12/19)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (4/05/19)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (3/29/19)
Noh RPG Group (binn05)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- GURPS101: More Cybernetics For Ultra-Tech (4/06/19)
- GURPS101: Art of the Wild III (4/06/19)
- Carpe Blogiem: Author, Patreon, and Blog Highlights – March 2019 (4/04/19)
- Boil and Bubble: Ritual Path Magic Miscellany II (3/28/19)
DF Whiterock (dripton)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Treasure: Dusts (4/16/19)
- Ultra-Tech: KYOS and Powered Armor (4/15/19)
- Treasure: Mantles and Robes (4/13/19)
- Treasure: M-Items (4/12/19)
- Treasure: D-Items (4/11/19)
- Treasure: Balls and Cubes (4/10/19)
- Treasure: Gems and Stones (4/09/19)
- Treasure: Musical Instruments (4/08/19)
- Monsters: Swarms (4/07/19)
- Monsters: Medusas (4/06/19)
- Monsters: Manticores (4/05/19)
- Monster: Magmin (4/04/19)
- Lenses/Monsters: Lycanthropes (3/31/19)
Lair of the Chaotic GM (ChaoticGM)
- Spellslinging for Wizards (4/12/19)
Testsujin no Llama (Matt Riggsby)
- Making More Terrain (4/05/19)
- Review of GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 20: Slayers (4/19/19)
- Getting Started with GURPS (4/11/19)
- Player Surveys (4/09/19)
- Why GURPS is actually easier to play than Pathfinder (4/03/19)
Olympus RPG Group (The Olympus RPG Group)
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E04 (4/16/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The Opn: ASGARD BLACK CHECKMATE team flees Egyptian forces back to Israel, and learns the fate of their former teammate at the bombed US embassy.
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E03 (4/09/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. Opn: ASGARD RED CHECKMATE completely falls apart when unknown commandos assault their hiding place at the docks, forcing them to flee downriver, costing them one of the team.
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E02 (4/02/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The team’s pursuits of persons-of-interest to Opn: ASGARD YELLOW CHECKMATE falls into disarray, with the team in-hiding from Egyptian authorities as the heat skyrockets.
Above the Flatline (Timothy Ponce)
- Automating Architect of Worlds: Update (4/08/19)
- AI, Software, and Databases in GURPS (4/01/19)
- It’s Been a While (3/28/19)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Rant: My problem with flexible magic systems (4/03/19)
- Epic Psi-Wars: A Conspiracy in the Making (4/01/19)
- Blog Roadmap: April 2019 (3/31/19)
- Imperial Starships: Legion-Class Super-Carrier (3/30/19)
- Imperial Starships: the Dominion-class Cruiser (3/30/19)
- Imperial Starships: Imperator-Class Dreadnought (3/28/19)
- Imperial Vehicles: Sentinel-Class Utility Gunship (3/28/19)
Octopus Carnival (Ubiratan Pires Alberton)
- I Learned Something About Fighter Planes (4/10/19)
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
Frak Frel and Other F Words (Rigil Kent)
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.05, Pt 2 (4/18/19) – Preparing for the GURPS Action game I will be running in Fantasy Grounds on 4/20. This is Part 2 of the game prep notes. No stats
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.05, Pt 1 (4/16/19) – Preparing for the GURPS Action game I will be running in Fantasy Grounds on 4/20. This is probably Part 1 of the game prep notes. Stats for Grumman Albatross HU-16B.
- GM Commentary: ConsOps 2.04 (4/14/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Ground on 4/14/2019 which was basically a boat chase, then a helicopter chase, then a car chase, the latter of which included the PCs shooting back. I also lament having to face off against a Wheelman with skills of 18 for such chases as well as having Players who have perfectly reasonable for not shooting back at the government forces chasing them…
- GamePrep: ConsOps Season 2 Revised Arc (4/11/19) – My amended campaign outline for this run of the GURPS: Action game I’m running. No stats abused, just me laying out my current intended plot narrative … before the PCs screw me up even further.
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.04 (4/09/19) – Preparing for the GURPS Action game I will be running in Fantasy Grounds on 4/13. Stats for SwiftShips 12-m Patrol Boat, SwiftShips 26-Meter Fast Patrol Craft, UH-1Y Venom, and Aérospatiale Gazelle.
- GM Commentary: ConsOps 2.03 (4/07/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Ground on 4/6/2019 wherein I nearly killed a PC (about 3 points shy of insta-death.) Once again, focusing on the mistakes I made. No stats abused.
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.03 (4/03/19) – Preparing for the GURPS Action game I will be running in Fantasy Grounds on 4/6. No stats abused this time.
- GM Commentary: ConsOps 2.02 (3/31/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Ground on 3/30/2019. Once again, focusing on the mistakes I made. No stats abused.
Three Hundred and Thirty-Three (Michael Keenan)
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (3/31/19)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Tentative Cleric Variation List for DFD (4/19/19)
- Helping Clerics Survive Felltower (4/16/19)
- Gene Wolfe, Thanks for the Writing (4/15/19)
- The Appalling Survival Rate of Clerics in Felltower (4/14/19)
- Friday Random Notes 4/12 – James Smith memorial edition (4/13/19)
- Writing Update (4/12/19)
- GURPS DF Session 114, Felltower 86 – Ebony Death Goddess & Obsidian Golems (4/08/19)
- Felltower pre-summary (4/08/19)
- A day of last-minute game prep (4/07/19)
- Random Notes for 4/5 (4/05/19)
- GURPS and the Unminded Trap (4/05/19)
- Submitted! (4/02/19)
- Writing, Posting Break (3/29/19)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 58 (4/12/19) – The group cleans up the manor, alerts the authorities to some eminent dangers, and sells some loot. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Wandered Roads 54.5 (4/11/19) – The Heroes of Sandpoint chase down some more leads in Ilsurian. The ongoing adventures of the Heroes of Sandpoint in our Wandered Roads of Varisia GUPRS campaign.
- Wandered Roads 54 (4/08/19) – The Heroes of Sandpoint are hired to find a killer and clear the Umbra Carnival. The ongoing adventures of the Heroes of Sandpoint in our Wandered Roads of Varisia GUPRS campaign.
- Grand Duchy 125 (4/02/19) – The battle with the undead horde rages on. And then the Death Knight arrives! Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
- Sundered Lands 57 (3/31/19) – Lavinia is rescued from the Boggards. The authorities are alerted. Lavinia reveals her plans to sail south. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Wandered Roads 53.5 (3/28/19) – The Heroes get settled in at Ilsurian. They have some drinks with some Carnies. Kallin stalks the local cemetery and meets a spirit. The ongoing adventures of the Heroes of Sandpoint in our Wandered Roads of Varisia GUPRS campaign.