Thursday is GURPSDay, being posted from Penang, Malaysia, and below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week, as of 10pm CST, there have been 39 GURPS-Related posts from our list of 38 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen.
The script for this week was run by my wife, per my instructions. So we’ll see if I have a future as a software documentation expert. Since I spent 4 hours yesterday doing just that, there’s at least some hope.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 5 (4/21/16) – The Guardians of Bletherad meet the person they have been seeking and agree to help her regain her family ship and fortune. The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Grand Duchy 79 (4/15/16) – The Grey Company assist the lizard riders in their foray against the “mutts” of the valley. Summary of the latest play session of The Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS: Mystara campaign.
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
- What should Temian spend his money on? (4/19/16)
- Good people are talking about me! (4/16/16)
- Temian’s New Skills! (4/16/16)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Modern Fireteam Quick-Start Characters (4/20/16) – Today’s post offers a four-person fireteam of “Heroic” level Quick-Start soldiers useful as battlefield PCs and/or enemies. Unlike last week’s agents, this is not a covert team! Includes a Team Leader, Sniper, Grenadier, and Automatic Rifleman. Lock and load.
Ironemblem Gaming (Richard White)
- Howling Tunnels Session Recap Two: Saving the Missionaries (4/21/16) – Here is the second session, played last saturday. The heroes only make their way through the Main Nest this time, but hopefully we have another player! Further recaps will be once a month, right after the sessions if I can.
- Howling Tunnels Session Recap One: First Steps (4/21/16)
- The Howling Tunnels: A GURPS Adventure Final Part (4/18/16)
- The Howling Tunnels: A GURPS Adventure Part Three (4/16/16)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Psi Wars: Smugglers and Stealth in Space (4/20/16)
- Cross-Post: Collaborative Gamer’s Solo Campaign (4/16/16)
- Alternate Forms and Alternative Abilities (4/15/16) – How to handle shapeshifting in alternative ability frameworks, such as Divine Favor or Sorcery
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- My work here is done – Pyramid 3/90 (4/21/16)
- 1st/3rd edition GURPS Monster: the Eye Killer (4/15/16)
Game in the Brain (Justin Aquino)
- Merchant Skill decoupled in GURPS (4/20/16)
- Collaborative Gamer’s Solo Campaign is a GMing Practice Session (4/15/16)
|Today’s pull brought to you by . . .|
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- Reloading Press: 10mm Auto (10x25mm) (4/21/16) – When you need an automatic pistol cartridge that you can make the case is controllable without compromising the hand cannon factor, look no further than the 10mm Auto!
- Reblog: After the End 2 player-facing skill sheet (from No School Grognard) (4/21/16) – This is a reblog of No School Grognard’s player-facing cheat-sheet for every use for every skill/attribute/advantage listed in AtE2:The New World. This deserves to be emulated for many worked-genre examples, and would make a really cool living document for “what can I do with my skills” in any given campaign.
- Conditional Jet Lag (4/20/16) – Fast global travel is a blessing and a curse. That curse has a name – Jet Lag – and it’s as close as I’ve come to physically experiencing what a failed HT roll or CON saving throw feels like.
No School Grognard (Mark Langsdorf)
- After the End: Skill Cheat Sheet (4/20/16)
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
- Game log for 17 April 2016 (4/21/16)
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
- How I Made Death Matter Again (4/20/16) – Making death matter in a fantasy game with resurrection present.
- Alchemy Styles (4/18/16) – Alchemical Styles, inspired by martial and magical styles.
- Review: GURPS After the End 2: The New World (4/18/16) – A review of After the End 2.
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Treasure(?) : Bunches of Recovery Items Inspired by Castlevania! (4/21/16) – A bunch of food theme recovery and buff items.
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy 5: Allies (4/21/16) – A resource that helps create unique allies that goes the extra mile in making the ally advantage interesting.
- Template: My Master, Right or Wrong (4/19/16) – Walking through building a Template/Lens for a character trope.
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy 4 – Sages (4/19/16) – Artificer and Scholar; trade brawn for brains, and play a whole new Dungeon Fantasy ball game!
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy 3: The Next Level (4/17/16) – A fun, but unfortunately, underutilized book. I liked it!
- CER: Adding Racial Templates To Blank Slates (4/16/16) – A demonstration of the multiplicative power of racial templates to give a very diverse cast of encounters with minimal effort.
- Character Build: Backstory and Motivation (4/15/16) – I ramble on and on about the why of a backstory and not the what of a backstory.
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Designer’s Notes: Survival at the End (4/21/16)
- GURPS101: Somewhat More Super-ST (4/19/16)
- Carpe Blogiem: Open Call To Players, the Revenge of the Open Call (4/18/16)
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
- Meditations on Recent Mail, S&W Appreciation Day goodies and critical failure expectations (4/20/16)
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
Further Up the Spire (Archon Shiva)
- Session: Rats! (4/17/16)
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- Simplify the Game with GM Style, Not Rules (4/19/16) – Just because there are rules doesn’t mean you have to use them. This post shows how your GM style can simplify the game, instead of relying on rules to create simplicity.