It’s another GURPSDay, and here’s the last few weeks of posts! The Nordlond Sagas Kickstarter continues to hum along, though we’re in the ‘doldrums’ period where things are flat. Even so, we’re still projected to clear the last stretch goal, and have enough “latent” backers to exceed it by a significant margin if they all come in at the end (they won’t), to the tune of “best GB Kickstarter yet.” As of now, we will probably come in between Nordvorn at $26K and Four Perilous Journeys at $40K. That’s not nothing.
In any case, we’re here for GURPSDay, so scroll all the way down (the random order is, well, random). Catch up and get some repeat views and if you missed some. They’re in reverse chronological order, so if you’re up-to-date, just skim off the top!
News for Gaming Ballistic:
- The last Dungeon Grappling books that were pending were put in the mail and are on their way. THAT’S done.
- The swords and shields that were on hold first due to subzero temps and then due to a house move will be completed this week. They’ll ship out Real Soon Now.
- All goods for Four Perilous Journeys are in production or better. The books should be done next week. The card decks are on their way, and have already arrived in the UK. The cardboard die-cut counters started shipping yesterday. At this moment, all is well.
- As mentioned, the Nordlond Sagas kickstarter had a strong start, but could use a bit more visibility. A reshare of the link or talking about why you’re excited about it (presuming you are) would help. What is needed is more reach for the work. The Kickstarter ends Oct 12.
News for SJG
- All GURPS PDFs published before 2019 are 33% off to celebrate the 33rd anniversary of GURPS
- Steve Jackson Games posted one of their comprehensive “Kickstarter Updates” in the Daily Illuminator today.
GURPSDay is in its sixth – GURPSDay started in February 2013, a year after I started Gaming Ballistic. Things have slowed down a bit, and I’ll be considering how to revitalize this weekly activity. I’d like to see an average of 100 posts here per week – one per blog, ish – so we’ll see what we can do to get creative juiced flowing.If you just started a GURPS blog – and I know that some of you have – email me and get on the list! With the advent of the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, Powered by GURPS, there’s even more reason to write.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- Norðlond Sagas Update: Layout, Art, Maps, and more (9/23/19)
- GURPSDay! Aug 30 to Sept 19, 2019 (9/20/19)
- Steingarður (stone yard) – A Sample Village from Citadel at Norðvörn (9/19/19)
- Announcing: “The Hand of Asgard” for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG (9/18/19)
- REBLOG: A Conditional Injury Deep Dive (Mailanka’s Musings) (9/13/19)
- GURPSDay! Aug 23 to Sept 12, 2019 (9/12/19)
- The Nordlond Setting keeps growing (9/12/19)
- Nordlond Sagas: Strong Launch (9/10/19)
- Coming Next Week: Nordlond Sagas (9/08/19)
- GURPSDay! Aug 16 to Sept 5, 2019 (9/05/19)
- DFRPG Kickstarter: Magic Items 2 (9/05/19)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (9/20/19)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (9/13/19)
- Another week in the life of GURPS (9/06/19)
- Chalice World Magic (9/26/19)
- The FP Economy (9/22/19)
- Crystal Kingdom: National Magic (9/21/19)
- GURPS Review: Pyramid Dungeon Collection (9/20/19)
- Review of GURPS Sorcery: Sound Spells (9/20/19)
- Mantles, Supernatural Titles (9/18/19)
- Vanity/Status Post (9/12/19)
- The Cunning Path, a fanzine for GURPS (9/05/19)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- GURPS for One-Shots (9/10/19) – A road map of what I’m hoping the GURPS For One-Shots series of posts will ultimately cover.
- Gateway 2019, Post-Con Wrap Up (9/08/19) – Had another rollicking good romp through the multidimensional city streets of Locus at the Gateway 2019 convention, and we even made the PCs at the table instead of using pre-gens.
Olympus RPG Group (The Olympus RPG Group)
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E13 (9/24/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The team is involved in a high-speed chase through Dubai, relocate to the plague-stricken town in Yemen, and reconnect with a (sorta) team member.
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E12 (9/17/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The team conducts an interrogation that gets interrupted by a surprise enemy and local feds.
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E11 (9/10/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The team hits an arms deal in the Presidential Suite of the Burj Al-Arab. They kill some guys, make a new friend, shoot an old enemy, and make off with some intel.
UbiquitousRat.net (Che Webster)
- Making Artefact Cards (9/08/19)
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- Carpe Blogiem: Looking for New Players (9/24/19)
- Boil and Bubble: The Path of Blades (9/20/19)
- Dungeon Fantasy Aersalus – B-Team – Session 13 (9/16/19)
- Gamemaster’s Guidepost: Learning From Your Mistakes (9/12/19)
- Carpe Blogiem: AEON Primer – Setting History I (9/11/19)
- Carpe Blogeim: AEON Primer – Setting Assumptions (9/07/19)
- The Hurt Locker: Totem Blade (9/06/19)
- Boil and Bubble: Lunar Ritual Path Magic (9/05/19)
- GURPS101: More Psychokinesis Powers for Psionic Powers II (9/05/19)
- The Hurt Locker: Potion of Rejuvenation (9/05/19)
RogerBW’s Blog (Roger Bell-West)
- GURPS Social Engineering: Keeping in Contact, Kelly Pedersen (9/24/19)
- GURPS Monster Hunters Power-Ups 1, Christopher R. Rice (9/18/19)
- GURPS Powers: Totems and Nature Spirits, Rory Fansler (9/09/19)
- Announcing The Path of Cunning (9/05/19)
Noh RPG Group (binn05)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Sorcery: Sound Spells V (9/23/19)
- Psionics: Additional Anti-Psi Abilities (9/19/19)
- Monster: Giant Praying Mantis (9/15/19)
- Monsters: Giant Beetles (9/14/19)
- Monsters: Giant Ants (9/13/19)
- Monsters: Yuan-Ti (9/12/19)
- Monster: Yrthak (9/11/19)
- Monster: Yeth Hound (9/10/19)
- Monster: Xorn (9/09/19)
- Monster: Xill (9/08/19)
- Monsters: Wraiths (9/07/19)
- Monsters: Zombies (9/06/19)
- Monster: Winter Wolf (9/05/19)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- GURPS Sale (9/26/19)
- Arrow Quality (9/24/19)
- Limited Great Haste (9/21/19)
- Doug’s Kickstarter Update (9/19/19)
- GURPS DF Session 121, Felltower 93 – Forest Gate II (9/16/19)
- Felltower 93 pre-summary (9/16/19)
- To use Conditional Injury or Not? A Review Helps. (9/14/19)
- DFRPG Monsters 2 arrived (9/12/19)
- Nobody plays the game I play, say the internet (9/11/19)
- Douglas Cole’s new DFRPG Support (9/10/19)
- The Inexpensive Missile Spells of Felltower (9/09/19)
- Critical Hits & Failures on Hitting the Wrong Target (9/06/19)
GURPS Mega Dungeon (John Morrison)
- Warehouse 23 Sale! (9/25/19)
- Nordlond Sagas for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG (9/15/19)
- SJG Print on Demand (9/05/19)
Above the Flatline (Timothy Ponce)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Shinjurai Royalty (9/26/19)
- Redjack Kodiak-Class Light Cruiser (9/25/19)
- Redjack Raider-Class Light Assault Carrier (9/24/19)
- Redjack Tiger Shark-Class Attack Frigate (9/23/19)
- Patreon Post: October General Topics (9/23/19)
- Redjack Wrangler-Class Logistical Corvette (9/23/19)
- The Mithanna, the Ranathim Peerage (9/19/19)
- The Lithian Aristocracy (9/19/19)
- Redjack Nomad-Class Light Modular Corvette (9/18/19)
- The Redjack Wildcat-Class Modular Heavy Fighter (9/17/19)
- The Redjack Drifter-Class Light Modular Racer (9/16/19)
- Psi-Wars Lightning Round: the Rage of Mages (9/13/19)
- A Conditional Injury Deep Dive (9/12/19)
- The Redjack Grappler-Class Assault Boat (9/11/19)
- The Redjack Razer-Class Mining Engine (9/10/19)
- The Redjack Roughneck-Class Mobile Defense Platform (9/09/19)
- Collated Rules: The Psionic Powers of Psi-Wars (9/05/19)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- My Players, and Working with them (9/20/19)
- Observations on GMing Mistakes and Momentum of Play (9/12/19)
DF Whiterock (dripton)
- DF Whiterock Session 65: Dead Unicorns (9/27/19)
- Gimping Great Haste (9/20/19)
- DF Whiterock Session 64: Dawn (9/15/19)
- DF Whiterock Session 63: Through the Portal (9/10/19)
- DF Whiterock Session 62: Riders of the Purple Worms (9/05/19)
Frak Frel and Other F Words (Rigil Kent)
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.14 (9/26/19) – Prep for the GURPS Action game I’m running in Fantasy Ground on 9/28/2019. No stats abused but some in-game mechanics discussed and links to useful stuffs. Less stream of consciousness than normal and more actual game preparation.
- GM Commentary: ConsOps, 2.13 (9/23/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Grounds on 9/21/2019 which was a car chase that lasted a little longer than expected, then a bit of roleplay at the end. No stats harmed but link to the YouTube recording. Reflections on what went right and what went wrong.
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.13 (9/19/19) – Rambling in an attempt to flesh out the GURPS Action game I will run in Fantasy Grounds on 9/21/2019. No stats abused.
- GM Commentary: ConsOps, 2.12 (9/16/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Grounds on 9/14/2019 which once again turned into a long firefight, despite my best intentions. No stats harmed but link to the YouTube recording. Reflections on what went right and what went wrong.
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.12 (9/12/19) – Rambling in an attempt to flesh out the GURPS Action game I will run in Fantasy Grounds on 9/14/2019. No stats abused and this is far more stream of consciousness than I would like, especially considering how quickly Saturday is looming…
- GM Commentary: ConsOps, 2.11 (9/09/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Grounds on 9/7/2019 which was essentially one long firefight. No stats harmed but link to the YouTube recording. Reflections on what went right and what went wrong.
Don’t Forget Your Boots (Mitch French)
Dungeons on Automatic (Kyle Norton)
- Token Tuesday: as-Sharak (9/11/19)
Octopus Carnival (Ubiratan Pires Alberton)