Thursday is GURPSDay, and below you can find the blog activity from the last seven days.
Over the last week, there have been 59 GURPS-Related posts from our list of 38 blogs that have popped up on the radar screen, and includes for the first time the Ironemblem Gaming blog, which is hosted on Tumblr. Apparently getting a tagged RSS feed from Tumblr is pretty easy, so yay. Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
As always, if you’re interested in having your blog consolidated here, navigate over to The Instructions Page and drop me a line.
Game in the Brain (Justin Aquino)
- GURPS Lite Constructive Review (4/07/16)
The Collaborative Gamer (Joseph Linden)
- The Adventures of Temian Fell – Episode 5 – The Book of the Corrupted Seal (4/07/16)
- Quick update on Temian! (4/05/16)
Insidious GURPS Planning (Mr. Insidious)
- Prohibition Mob: Craig Bartley (4/01/16)
The Lands of Nandeme (Charles Saeger)
The Red Mouser (Gotha)
- Setting: Suez 56 – Character templates (4/06/16)
Southern Style GURPS (Chris Bower)
- Review: Pyramid 3-89: Alternate Dungeons II (4/04/16) – A review of the March Pyramid.
Ironemblem Gaming (Richard White)
- Kobold Faith Magic (4/07/16) – The rules for the kobold’s particular brand of magic, and a quick glance at their religious structure
- Kobolds! Template and Quick Stats (4/07/16) – The base template, info, and quick stats for the kobolds of the Howling Tunnels.
- Howling Tunnels Premade Characters (4/07/16) – The “Classic” adventuring group built in GURPS stats, trying to keep it somewhat light for newer players. Cleric, Rogue, Warrior, and Wizard. 50 point characters.
- The Howling Tunnels Overview (4/06/16) – A quick look over the adventure. All the info the player’s go in with.
- Way of the Sun Hand, Faith of Aurora (4/06/16) – A look at the clerical magic players will have access to.
- High Tower Wizardry (4/06/16) – A look at the wizardly magic players will have access to.
- Homebrew GURPS Magic (4/05/16) – My homebrew magic rules for the Howling Tunnels adventure.
- Welcome to The Howling Tunnels! A GURPS 4th edition adventure in… (4/05/16) – The maps for my homebrew adventure. The Howling Tunnels! A delve into kobold infested caves for a chance at a magical treasure vault.
Cursed -75 Points (BowToChris)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Negotiating with Monsters in DF (4/07/16)
- DF Session 74, Felltower 48 – Stirge Extermination (4/04/16)
- The Dungeon / Town Mirror Image (4/02/16)
- Skull Helmets (4/01/16)
Game Geekery (“Warren “”Mook”” Wilson”)
- Updated Maps and Other World Mapper (4/06/16) – Today I’m talking a bit about a new mapping program in beta, Other World Mapper, and the new maps I’ve made with it for my Quick-Play Adventures.
Just Roll 3d6 (Colin)
- Minimalist Character Creation (4/05/16) – Fast character creation in GURPS? Yes, it’s possible! This post explores how to focus on attributes and skills in order to streamline the character creation process.
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Sundered Lands 4.2 (4/07/16) – Fortis and Valinya fly across the harbor in search of the local mages guild, the Witchwardens. (part 2/3) The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Sundered Lands 4.1 (4/07/16) – Silver the Dragon (in female Elf form) and Arn the Dwarf (also in female Elf form) secure lodgings for the party. (part 1/3) The newest adventures in the Sundered Lands of Palladium, our GURPS: Palladium Fantasy campaign.
- Grand Duchy 78 (4/01/16) – The Grey Company explorers further into the valley, experiences a snakebite, skirts some ruins, gets bugs in their faces, finds some dead bodies and is accused of murder by lizard riding strangers. Another exciting episode of the Grand Duchy of Adventure, our GURPS Mystara campaign.
Hard Maths (CTA)
- Playbook: Alternative Reluctant Killer (4/04/16)
- GURPSGen (4/02/16) – Posting a still in-development bunch of Python programs for GURPS.
Let’s GURPS (Pseudonym)
- Cross-Post: GURPSDay Summary and Reflections (4/07/16) – Another week, another GURPS.
- Sorcery: Cursed Items (4/07/16) – What if players want to curse an item?
- Review: Dungeon Fantasy 2: Dungeons (4/07/16) – A review on one of the pillars of the Dungeon Fantasy franchise. It’s probably not a big secret, but I confirm that it is a great book.
- CER: The Natural Encyclopedia: Leopard – Octopus, Hide (4/05/16)
- Combat Maneuver: Feint (4/05/16) – I don’t use feints a lot, so I wanted to explore how to identify situations where they work well, and how to tailor a fight to benefit from feints.
- Encounter: Unchi (4/04/16) – Do you feel like your games lack potty humor?
- Session Capture: Varens Session 8, Our heroes are nearly killed by a widdle iddy biddy puddy cat. (4/04/16) – Varens Campaign Session 8 Recap.
- Treasure: Mind Control Ring (4/02/16) – A very quick tutorial of generating magic items based on GURPS Magic and Dungeon Fantasy rules.
- Disadvantage: Trickster (4/01/16) – A short discussion on the Trickster disadvantage.
- Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden Setting Book confirmed? (4/01/16)
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- Psi Wars: Miscellaneous Ships (4/07/16) – Not every ship in the Psi Wars universe will be a warship or a corvette suitable for heroic antics. Many of the vessels found in Psi Wars would be boring, mundane, but highly important trade vessels or colony ships or diplomatic envoys. This post outlines which existing ships might work best for such background NPC vessels and adjusts a few to make them fit into the Psi Wars universe better
- Psi Wars: Alternate Super Weapons (4/07/16) – Bonus Post! What Star-Wars inspired campaign would be complete without some world-killing super-weapon. This post discusses readily available super-weapons from the GURPS Spaceships Series, and dips into Pyramid for a few more ideas you can use.
- Psi Wars: Alternate Capital Ships and Dreadnoughts (4/06/16) – While not generally suitable for players, capital ships (SM 10+) ships serve as backdrops and opponents to the PCs. This post offers variations on the Sword, the Tarot, the Empire and the Viking
- Psi Wars: Alternate Corvettes (4/05/16) – The GURPS Spaceships line offers us a variety of interesting SM +7 to +9 ships that we could use in our Psi Wars campaign. This posts offers variations on the Tiger, the Renegade, the Dark Horse, and the Taj Mahal
- Psi Wars: Alternate Fighters (4/04/16) – GURPS Spaceships 4 includes a variety of interesting fighters we can just drop into Psi Wars. This posts offers variations of the Typhoon, Starhawk and Wyvern
- Psi Wars: Alternate Spaceships (4/03/16) – The GURPS Spaceships line offers lots of ready-made ships. By tinkering with a system or two, we can offer even more ready-made starships for your Psi-Wars needs. This post includes a listing of the coming ships that are especially appropriate for players
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- GURPS Day Summary April 1 – April 7, 2016 (4/07/16)
- The rule of 14 for passive abilities (4/07/16) – Discussions with Christopher produce the Rule of 14 for plot details of tactical significance. A mutually acceptable assumption of what a player whose character has a high Observation, Perception, Search, or similar skills will get as part of the room description, as opposed to having to ask the GM for details.
- Aeon Campaign: S2E1 – Bomb Voyage (4/05/16) – The Cavalry (our supers team) responds to the explosion of a bomb outside a church; we correctly deduce a second bomb is waiting for us, on a timer and remote detonator. We disarm it, and execute a spectacularly successful series of clue-finding investigations that leads us to another potential murder – and it is a murder, not a terrorist attack. Or rather, it’s both. We arrive in time to fend off a very dangerous foe, who escapes.
- Reloading Press: M309 10x24mm Caseless (4/04/16) – The Reloading Press examines the M309 10x24mm caseless cartridge. This projectile – standard explosive light armor piercing – is the most commonly issued round to the marines all over the quadrant. It’s choice was, and is, not without controversy, however.
- GURPS Action: Series Review index (4/03/16) – This post lists the links to all four comprehensive reviews of the GURPS Action series: Heroes, Exploits, Furious Fists, and Specialists.
- Sunday Review: GURPS Action 4: Specialists (4/03/16) – This review of Action 4: Specialists concludes my review of the entire Action series. In brief, this is a fantastic concept for quick-building characters and NPCs that deserves to be expanded into every worked-example line. It’s that good, with exploitable elements for any modern action-oriented campaign, even realistic ones.
Code by Clockwork (Jeff Demers)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)