It’s another GURPSDay, and here’s the last few weeks of posts! I made major progress on Four Perilous Journeys, and for the first time in months I can hit the garage and work on shields and crafting.
Scroll all the way down (the random order is, well, random). Catch up and get some repeat views and if you missed some. They’re in reverse chronological order, so if you’re up-to-date, just skim off the top!
News for Gaming Ballistic:
- Fulfillment is complete on Citadel at Nordvorn, in that all books were sent out. I presume nearly everyone has received them, and if not, they have tracking numbers and my email address.
- I’m still working to get a reprint from PubGraphics on Dungeon Grappling. They literally changed their print equipment, and in the last year or so reshuffled staff; I’m not wild about the timeliness of the interactions as of this point, and my need another local POD source. Once the new proof copy arrives, I’ll get the 14 owed books out.
- Ship approval and print approval for Four Perilous Journeys is done. The counters/chits ready for print. I finished up the first draft of the NPC reference cards and they look pretty good, and I’ve sent them out to about 50 folks for proofing. As these are a licensed product, I also need ship approval from SJG on these as well. They’ll be fully finished by the end of the weekend. Then I can start ordering stuff.
- I anticipate launching another Dungeon Fantasy RPG Kickstarter on September 10, which should go until October 12. There will be three books in it: two adventures and one short supplement. Look for it, and please spread the word.
GURPSDay is in its sixth – GURPSDay started in February 2013, a year after I started Gaming Ballistic. Things have slowed down a bit, and I’ll be considering how to revitalize this weekly activity. I’d like to see an average of 100 posts here per week – one per blog, ish – so we’ll see what we can do to get creative juiced flowing.If you just started a GURPS blog – and I know that some of you have – email me and get on the list! With the advent of the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, Powered by GURPS, there’s even more reason to write.
How? Two action items: post more, recruit more. It’s really that simple. More posters is more posts, and more interest in GURPS.
Below you can find the blog activity for the last week. There’s a whole lotta awesome GURPS going on. Read all the posts.
Not every blog posts about GURPS every week, but some are ridiculously prolific! The list is randomized, so different bloggers will be highlighted at the top of the post each week.
Gaming Ballistic (Douglas Cole)
- September: A GREAT Month for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG (8/29/19)
- GURPSDay! July 26 to Aug 23, 2019 (8/23/19)
- “That’s a nice rack you’ve got there” (8/16/19)
Dr. Kromm’s GURPS Livejournal (“Sean “”Dr. Kromm”” Punch”)
UbiquitousRat.net (Che Webster)
Mailanka’s Musings (Daniel Dover)
- A Patreon Thank You: Space Knight Art Preview (8/27/19)
- The State of (My) GURPS Vehicles Addendum: My Process (8/24/19)
- The State of (My) GURPS Vehicles (8/19/19)
- Martial Arts as Power-Ups: Retrospective (8/16/19)
- Martial Arts as Power-Ups 3: Smasha as Power-Up (8/14/19)
- Martial Arts as Power-Ups 2: Theory and Smasha (8/13/19)
- Martial Arts as Power-Ups: Building a Narrative atop the Foundation of GURPS Martial Arts (8/12/19)
The Ongoing Campaign (Faoladh)
Generic Universal Eggplant (Enraged Eggplant)
- Monsters: Unicorns (8/30/19)
- Monster: Troglodyte (8/29/19)
- Monster: Triton (8/29/19)
- Monster: Treant (8/27/19)
- Monster: Tojanida (8/26/19)
- Monster: Titan (8/25/19)
- Monster: Tendriculos (8/24/19)
- Monster: Tarrasque (8/23/19)
- Monster: Stirge (8/22/19)
- Monsters: Sprites (8/21/19)
- Monster: Spider Eater (8/20/19)
- Monster: Hieracosphinx (8/19/19)
- Monster: Gynosphinx (8/18/19)
- Monster: Criosphinx (8/17/19)
- Monster: Androsphinx (8/16/19)
- Monster: Spectre (8/15/19)
- Monster: Death Slaad (8/14/19)
- Monster: Gray Slaad (8/13/19)
- Monster: Green Slaad (8/12/19)
- Monster: Blue Slaad (8/11/19)
- Monster: Red Slaad (8/10/19)
- Monsters: Skeletons (8/09/19)
Ravens N’ Pennies (Christopher R. Rice)
- GURPS101: Alternate Climbing Rules (8/29/19)
- Carpe Blogiem: AEON Primer – Introduction (8/27/19)
- GURPS101: Expanded Higher Purpose Categories (8/26/19)
- AEON E-Team: Season 1, Session 4 – Timey Bubbles (8/22/19)
- AEON E-Team: Season 1, Session 3 – Putting Stuff in Other Stuff (8/22/19)
- AEON E-Team: Season 1, Session 2 – Librarians, Why Did It Have to Be Librarians (8/22/19)
- AEON E-Team: Season 1, Session 1 – Those Are Not Transistors (8/22/19)
- AEON E-Team: Season 1, Session 5 – City of Lights (8/22/19)
- AEON B-Team: Season 5, Session 2 – Project: Vanguard (8/20/19)
- AEON B-Team: Season 5, Session 9 – All Purple Everything (8/20/19)
MoeLane.com (Moe Lane)
- Infinity Thumbnails Revisited: Maxmilian [Quantum 7] (8/31/19)
- Professor Planck [GURPS 4e] (8/18/19)
- In the mail: The Citadel at Nordvorn [GURPS Dungeon Fantasy]. (8/17/19)
- Mearganta [Martial Art] [GURPS 4e] (8/16/19)
- Sue Junkskunk [300 points] [GURPS 4e] (8/11/19)
- Two-Fisted Talents for Adventure! [GURPS 4e] (8/11/19)
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads (Jason Woollard)
- Wandered Roads 55.5 (8/14/19) – The Heroes go down to the docks and get to the bottom of the criminal enterprises in Ilsurian. The ongoing adventures of the Heroes of Sandpoint in our Wandered Roads of Varisia GUPRS campaign.
gurps_20190831/Jason_Packer could not be parsed – is it empty?
World of Domibia (Canology)
One Shot Adventures (J.C. Connors)
Traveller Adventures (Michael Thompson)
- Crossing Over with Another Game (8/24/19)
Requires Concentrate (Weevis)
- Character: James Jameson, Assassin (150 points) (8/13/19)
- Incompetence vs. Delusional Competence (Rules Nitpick) (8/12/19)
Above the Flatline (Timothy Ponce)
- Guilds of Alnwich: The Brotherhood of the All-Seeing Star (8/26/19)
- Guilds of Alnwich: The Town Guard (8/19/19)
- Jayquaysing the Caves of Chaos (8/12/19)
Northport (Denis McCarthy)
gurps_20190831/Adam_Warnock_aka_salsathegeek could not be parsed – is it empty?
gurps_20190831/Patrick_Burroughs could not be parsed – is it empty?
Octopus Carnival (Ubiratan Pires Alberton)
- Pathfinder Iconics in Dungeon Fantasy: Lirianne (8/19/19)
- Ravenloft, or How I Started GMing GURPS Iron Gods (8/13/19)
- Commonwealth Martial Style – The Watch (8/31/19)
- Commonwealth Martial Style – Three Swords School (8/30/19)
- Leapers Martial Style – Flying Sticks (8/30/19)
- Commonwealth Martial Style – The Flynn School (8/30/19)
- Commonwealth Martial Style – Dashing Fox (8/29/19)
- Commonwealth Martial Styles -Board and Blade (8/24/19)
- Review: Citadel of Nordvorn (8/17/19)
- Review of GURPS Monster Hunters: Power Ups 1 (8/15/19)
- Chalice World Setting: The Dwarven Federation (8/11/19)
Sharrukin’s Palace (Jon F. Zeigler)
gurps_20190831/Merlin_Avery could not be parsed – is it empty?
gurps_20190831/Sciencezam could not be parsed – is it empty?
Olympus RPG Group (The Olympus RPG Group)
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E10 (8/27/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The team attempts to leave the Muscat airport to regroup with Mahoney, which turns out to be more difficult, and costly, than expected.
- GURPS Action: Consular Operations, S2E09 (8/21/19) – Our GURPS Action: Consular Operations campaign continues. The team regroups, and attempts to locate a missing team-member.
DF Whiterock (dripton)
Dungeon Fantastic (Peter Dell’Orto)
- Random Links for Friday 8/30 (8/31/19)
- Frequency of Maneuvers in my GURPS games (8/30/19)
- Reading from Storage: GURPS Martial Arts Adventures (8/27/19)
- Felltower Forest Gate (8/27/19)
- Felltower: What does Arctic Gear include? (8/26/19)
- Upcoming Gaming (8/23/19)
- Magic Items 2 start date? (8/22/19)
- Game Inspiration: The Fallen Sky Castle (8/21/19)
- Playing with Tenkar’s Wrath’s “treasure” (8/20/19)
- We Are Clones (in Autoduel 1st edition) (8/18/19)
- DFT3 Artifacts of Felltower sales update (8/15/19)
- Pictures from Gamma Terra (8/14/19)
- GURPS Gamma World, 20th Homeland – Session 20 – the Morrow Project? (8/13/19)
- Gamma World pre-summary (8/12/19)
- Things to do for Gamma Terra on Sunday (8/10/19)
- Why I put in limits on item purchases in DF/DFRPG (8/09/19)
Frak Frel and Other F Words (Rigil Kent)
- GM Commentary: ConsOps, 2.10 (8/25/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Grounds on 8/24/2019 which ended up resulting in a PC fatality. No stats harmed but link to the YouTube recording. Reflections on what went right and what (mostly) went wrong.
- GamePrep: ConsOps, 2.10 (8/21/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I will run in Fantasy Grounds on 8/24/2019. No stats abused and this is more stream of consciousness than I would like.
- GM Commentary: ConsOps 2.09 (8/19/19) – Discussion about the GURPS Action game I ran in Fantasy Grounds on 8/17/2019 which went about like I figured. No stats abused but some in-game mechanics discussed. Reflections on where what worked and what didn’t.